Europa League 2016/2017 (Died 8/12/2016)

ScepticalStan

Is anyone flying in late on Thursday.

I am on the 13:30-16:30 flight from Bristol to Prague.

On same flight the day before as are loads of others I know

How are you going to get your match ticket ?

They go off sale 17.00

Have you notified club of your late arrival ?

the link doesn't work? i noticed they won 3-0 last night, they haven't conceded a goal in 4 games , 0-0 draw on Thursday?

Reckon you could bet your house on this bit -0

But you're right 0-0 is a very big possibility, a draw would see Sparta qualify for the knockouts and make a smoother route for us too.

It would be nice to see us score away in Europe though.

I've noticed at the last couple of games there have been a few handing out 'Free Palestine' leaflets and hanging their flags about (against Chelsea by the chapel and on Saturday on the train bridge by the Northam).

I really hope these di*kheads aren't planning to be there for our game against HBS.

I'm sure there are some geeks like me tracking the results across both European competitions this midweek.

There are currently 74 potential participants in the Europa League knock out stages, including all those Champions League teams yet to progress or definitely finish 4th in their group.

Tonight and tomorrow should see that number whittle down as the likes of Barca and Real Madrid inevitably progress in the CL and we may find out the identity of some of the 3rd place teams dropping into the Europa League. Tottenham, Lyon and Borussia Monchengladbach look likely candidates

Thursday will see quite a few EL teams exit. Only 1 (Gabala) have been officially eliminated from the group stages already

I've noticed at the last couple of games there have been a few handing out 'Free Palestine' leaflets and hanging their flags about (against Chelsea by the chapel and on Saturday on the train bridge by the Northam).

I really hope these di*kheads aren't planning to be there for our game against HBS.

Dont you think they have a right to? Going there and doing it is one thing, but if (and its a big if tbf) they are really pro Palestine etc. then why not? I dont think having political views different to yours makes them dic*heads.

Dont you think they have a right to? Going there and doing it is one thing, but if (and its a big if tbf) they are really pro Palestine etc. then why not? I dont think having political views different to yours makes them dic*heads.

They gave a right to be there but I don't agree that a football match is an appropriate place for political statements.

They should also realise that displaying political banners or flags could have serious consequences for the club.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Just seen in Twitter today's 14:20 smart wings flight hasn't taken off yet. Doesn't bode well.

I'm cross with myself for booking it now just because it was cheap. To be fair, as someone that doesn't fly much, I wasn't aware of their terrible reputation until today! Having looked online they seem utterly awful.

I'm cross with myself for booking it now just because it was cheap. To be fair, as someone that doesn't fly much, I wasn't aware of their terrible reputation until today! Having looked online they seem utterly awful.

No, we just booked it because it was cheap. Didn't give it much thought till someone on here posted about their poor reviews. Guess we shall see tomorrow. On the bright side, looks like €300 compensation for delays over 3 hours!

I'm flying on that flight tomorrow so hopefully they've sorted the issue by then. But to be fair to them, looking at the flight history over the last few weeks generally they are within the normal limits of departure and arrive. Having flown with many different carriers over the years it doesn't matter if your flying budget or premium, they can all be subject to technical issues and delays.

Could be worse..... One Saints fans on twitter today has had his Lufthansa flight cancelled!

I'm flying on that flight tomorrow so hopefully they've sorted the issue by then. But to be fair to them, looking at the flight history over the last few weeks generally they are within the normal limits of departure and arrive. Having flown with many different carriers over the years it doesn't matter if your flying budget or premium, they can all be subject to technical issues and delays.

Could be worse..... One Saints fans on twitter today has had his Lufthansa flight cancelled!

I'm on there tomorrow too so fingers crossed !

Be'er Sheva is an apolitical football club for ordinary people, most of which anyone who went to Israel will tell you just want to go about their normal lives. It's not some sort of political organisation or a representation of Israeli foreign policy or what have you.

Go and protest at politicians if you don't like something, but bringing it into a football match is f*cking pathetic, and if anyone brings Palestine flags or the like to the home match i hope they're turfed out the ground by other Saints fans.

As far as I can tell the answer is yes to both questions. There's a ticket booth at the airport and the bus goes from outside.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I did a bit of Googling and there are ticket booths in Terminal 1 and 2 at Vaclav Havel so that's all good.

Time for a bit of a Champions League drop-in recap. Eight 3rd place teams dropping in to the Europa League last 32, best 4 as seeds and worst 4 unseeded...

Tonight's results leave the following potential drop-ins - haven't checked the tiebreakers however which might eliminate one or two:

Group E: Spurs 4pts or CSKA Moscow 3pts will be third (most likely Spurs who are home to CSKA last match and only need to avoid defeat)

Group F: Sporting 3pts or Legia Warsaw 1pt will be third (unlikely to be seeded)

Group G: Porto 8pts or FC Copenhagen 6pts will be third

Group H: Sevilla 10pts or Lyon 7pts will be third (and will definitely be seeded)

Tomorrow's Champions League groups (2 games left)

Group A: 3rd place will be Ludogorets or Basel (both on 1 point) and they'll be unseeded unless they win both their last games

Group B: Anyone can come third: Napoli 7, Benfica 7, Besiktas 6, Kiev 1

Group C: Man City 7, M'gladbach 6 or Celtic 2 will be third.

Group D: PSV or Rostov (1 pt each) can come third - and they'll be unseeded unless they win both their last games

Basically if we win the group we play away first to an unseeded team (a runner up or worst 4 CL drop-in)

If we come second we play home first to a seeded team (a group winner or best 4 CL drop-in).

Oh, and we can't play either Spurs or Man U if they're in the Last 32.

Edited by The9

A good guide here....

Good video, but all it actually told me that I hadn't already worked out is that the ticket machines don't take notes, which is a ballache and a half as I have no intention of using my card and won't have any coins at that point (and wouldn't have the 110 CZK for the ticket I want to buy in change anyway). Off to the info booth to buy the ticket for me, they speak English anyway, just as well as my Czech's not great (i.e. non-existent).

Good video, but all it actually told me that I hadn't already worked out is that the ticket machines don't take notes, which is a ballache and a half as I have no intention of using my card and won't have any coins at that point (and wouldn't have the 110 CZK for the ticket I want to buy in change anyway). Off to the info booth to buy the ticket for me, they speak English anyway, just as well as my Czech's not great (i.e. non-existent).

As you say. Manned booths in the airport are probably the easiest option.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Be'er Sheva is an apolitical football club for ordinary people, most of which anyone who went to Israel will tell you just want to go about their normal lives. It's not some sort of political organisation or a representation of Israeli foreign policy or what have you.

Go and protest at politicians if you don't like something, but bringing it into a football match is f*cking pathetic, and if anyone brings Palestine flags or the like to the home match i hope they're turfed out the ground by other Saints fans.

Exactly this. No reason whatsoever for there to be Palestine protests at any of our games, let alone every home game for the last few months.

And so to the Be'er Sheva showdown, which will be difficult and dangerous.

We need a win or a goalless draw, and I'm worried Puel will set up defensively for the latter.

A score draw sees us out on away goals in the head-to-heads with Be'er Sheva. But at least it does mean the opposition must score to progress, so they can't park the bus. The nightmare scenario is them getting the away goal. We'd then need two, and one seems impossible at present.

If it's 0-0 or 1-0 to us with 20 to go, I'll be terrified. We need a quick start and a two goal lead.

Like Inter. Doh.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Personally will be gutted/furious if we don't send out our best possible team for essentially a knock-out match to qualify for the next stage of the Europa League. Not sure what league matches are either side but they aren't as important as this.

Personally will be gutted/furious if we don't send out our best possible team for essentially a knock-out match to qualify for the next stage of the Europa League. Not sure what league matches are either side but they aren't as important as this.

Palace away the Saturday before

Middlesborough home the Sunday after