K.Billy: "5 players want to leave this Summer"

trousers

You've had a 'mare with this thread, Trousers :)

Agreed, probably the most clumsily misspelt thread title ever committed to the net let alone Saintsweb. As for the list of alleged leavers only Tadic remotely falls into the category of being in any way a surprise.

so a Squad of

Forster - Stek - Gazza

Cuco - Cedric - Fonte - VVD - Yoshi - Gardos - Bertrand - Targett

Clasie - Romeu - Reed - JWP - Davis

J Rod - Austin - Long - Rodriguez

I can see why we'll be needing a speedy Townsend / AOC type player but, really? I don't see an issue.

Just as I was in a good mood knowing we're in the group stages...

Why? Juanmi, Pelle and Wanyama we were all pretty odds on to leave. While most of us wanted Mane to stay I'd imagine the majority of us thought he'd want out if he got a decent offer. So the only 'surprise' there is Tadic and while he can be amazing for us, he is also one of our most frustrating players.

That same article that says this:

'Koeman's demanding style has caused friction with a number of players [...] James Ward-Prowse and Sadio Mane are among others who feel their confidence has been dented by Koeman's abrupt manner'

Koeman must be off then- explains why JWP committed for 6 more years :p

None of those are a surprise.

Juanmi almost gone already - it's a shame it didn't work out

Wanyama's not exactly a surprise - we all know he's wants to leave for a big champions league club - he's not exactly given his all this season

Mane - again no surprise - pretty much the same as Big Vic - he can be great but he's so inconsistent - we've probably seen the best of him already

Pelle - he's no longer first choice, he's got a year left on his contract and he's over 30 - plus he wants to one last chance at a big club in Italy - and we look better going forward when he's not leading the line

Tadic - maybe a surprise to some but he had a run in with Koeman earlier in the season which suggested he'd leave this summer - given his contract and age maybe it's a good time to sell him - I expect he'll follow Pelle to Italy for one last big payday

I think we will see a few others go as well - maybe Yoshida for first team football somewhere - and maybe Jay Rodriguez back to Burnley

As long as we replace them and add some more depth for the Europa League we wil 'March On'

Pelle - No surprise, wrong side of 30, one year left and little noise from the club suggesting they have offered him a new deal. The addition of Austin seemed to be in preparation for letting him go, though Austin's injury problems mean he has not made an instant impact. Let's say £8m

Wanyama - Last year of deal and tried to force his way out last summer, will be a big miss, but not an unexpected departure. £15m

Mané - Great player when he's on form, should be able to command a huge fee, definitely will be a big miss £35m

Juanmi - Bad move for both sides £2m

Tadic - Given his assist record and ability to chip in with goals (albeit, not as many as he could if he didn't waste so many chances), he will be a big miss for a cluib like ours. On the other hand, his poor finishing and tendency to drift in and out of games means that he is unlikely to be more than a squad player in better teams. £17m

8m

2m

15m

17m

35m

Total 77m

That is a large amount to spend on replacing them, but with the rise in tv money and new sponsorship deals it will be rather disappointing if the club only commits to reinvesting the money raised from sales.

My biggest fear is if they all go then we have absolutely no chance whatsoever of competing with Everton, who I believe have never sold any player to another club in their history, as well as the likes of Stoke and Palace whose breathtaking strengthening throughout last summer turned them both into the Geoff Capes of professional football so very much stronger than us they were what with all their strengthening.

Frankly bumbling Les and clueless Gareth have not got the capability to compete with those giant clubs if Juanmi goes.

Pelle out, Janssen in

Mane out, Sisto in

Tadic out, Ziyech in

Wanyama out, DM in

Juanmi out

Leaves us stronger.

What is the fascination with Sisto? He did well in a couple of Europa league games, but his domestic record is nowhere near impressive enough to suggest he can replace Mané. I'd have him here as a squad option, but not as a starter.

What is the fascination with Sisto? He did well in a couple of Europa league games, but his domestic record is nowhere near impressive enough to suggest he can replace Mané. I'd have him here as a squad option, but not as a starter.

My 1st thought was Ox, but he doesn't score anywhere near the amount Mane does - So I went for Sisto.

Let's have Ox replacing Ramirez instead.

Is any club interested in Tadic? He might want out but if their are no suitors then he'll have to stay put.

Juanmi, well that has come as a surprise!

Pelle - getting on a bit, and in both seasons he has had poor spells. He's a good striker but we will need someone more consistent.

Mané and Wanyama are not surprising either. Wanyama will go for less given his contract situation but I just hope we refuse to sell him to Tottenham. He can go to any club he chooses, just not them.

I think Mané is too inconsistent and wherever he goes he will be a massive flop. Sell for £30M and bring in someone better for half the price.

I'm more worried about losing Koeman tbh. The club has shown that we can replace players who leave.

He did will in a couple of Europa League games not good enough then? Also, he looks and plays like Mane which makes it easier to envisage for some people.

None of those are a surprise.

Juanmi almost gone already - it's a shame it didn't work out

Wanyama's not exactly a surprise - we all know he's wants to leave for a big champions league club - he's not exactly given his all this season

Mane - again no surprise - pretty much the same as Big Vic - he can be great but he's so inconsistent - we've probably seen the best of him already

Pelle - he's no longer first choice, he's got a year left on his contract and he's over 30 - plus he wants to one last chance at a big club in Italy - and we look better going forward when he's not leading the line

Tadic - maybe a surprise to some but he had a run in with Koeman earlier in the season which suggested he'd leave this summer - given his contract and age maybe it's a good time to sell him - I expect he'll follow Pelle to Italy for one last big payday

I think we will see a few others go as well - maybe Yoshida for first team football somewhere - and maybe Jay Rodriguez back to Burnley

As long as we replace them and add some more depth for the Europa League we wil 'March On'

Spot on. Re Pelle, Les Reed said as much when he spoke about a player over 30 with only a year left on his contract. Unless a one-year extension is agreed he'll probabnly be ripe for off-loading this summer. Mane is different because with two years left on his contract he probably needs the club's agreement to a move. Good player that Wanyama is, he can also be a liability and is replaceable. The only surprise would be Tadic because he has picked his game up in recent weeks. Don't think the club will want Tadic to go so doubt that any decision has been made unless he is in the last year of his contract.

Pelle doesn't want to go. The club want to sell him. He loves it here. Tadic would be gutting and hopefully that situation has changed in last 2 months of season as he's been playing every game. Mane was very positive about playing next season in a recent article and Vic may still stay, source his best mate.

If we can't keep anyone that we want to keep hold of this summer then we're never going to...the amount of money that's in the prem now, we should be able to match wages across the majority of the world.

Juanmi and Pelle I'd say the club aren;t bothered about.

Tadic I'm guessing they think they can replace although I think he's been excellent for the last 3 months.

Mane and Wanyama would be huge misses but kind of expected. I would only be ****ed off if we sold to clubs other that the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool Arsenal or Spurs....

I'm sure we can replace Tadic, Pelle and Juanmi without too much problem, however Wanyama and Mane would be very difficult to replace IMO.

If we can't keep anyone that we want to keep hold of this summer then we're never going to...the amount of money that's in the prem now, we should be able to match wages across the majority of the world.

Juanmi and Pelle I'd say the club aren;t bothered about.

Tadic I'm guessing they think they can replace although I think he's been excellent for the last 3 months.

Mane and Wanyama would be huge misses but kind of expected. I would only be ****ed off if we sold to clubs other that the two Manchester clubs, Chelsea, Liverpool Arsenal or Spurs....

I'm sure we can replace Tadic, Pelle and Juanmi without too much problem, however Wanyama and Mane would be very difficult to replace IMO.

If tadic, mane and Vic go and Koeman doesn't extend then we are going nowhere fast and be a huge dissapointed by.

If tadic, mane and Vic go and Koeman doesn't extend then we are going nowhere fast and be a huge dissapointed by.

Agree - very difficult to show any ambition when if we lose 5 more players and the manager is set to move on - would be a shame. But I have thought like this in previous summers....never know whats going to happen in the future.

so a Squad of

Forster - Stek - Gazza

Cuco - Cedric - Fonte - VVD - Yoshi - Gardos - Bertrand - Targett

Clasie - Romeu - Reed - JWP - Davis

J Rod - Austin - Long - Rodriguez

I can see why we'll be needing a speedy Townsend / AOC type player but, really? I don't see an issue.

I certainly see a few "issues" there tbh.

RB needs improving, CB cover is possibly weak with Yoshida and a largely untried Gardos returning from injury.

MF is too weak by far.

Two of your strikers are unknown quantities in terms of fitness.

Apart from that, and the need for a bit of pace, no problems.

I certainly see a few "issues" there tbh.

RB needs improving, CB cover is possibly weak with Yoshida and a largely untried Gardos returning from injury.

MF is too weak by far.

Two of your strikers are unknown quantities in terms of fitness.

Apart from that, and the need for a bit of pace, no problems.

Jesus take your head out sand. Will be a disaster if we lose all of them.