England v Turkey

Batman

Forster and Bertrand start on the bench.

No rooney. I just dont buy it with him in a 'deeper' role. But the pundits are falling over themselves to say he is brilliant there

Would have been impressed if Rooney had played two days in row ;).

Agree though, just like Gerrard playing deep, it doesn't work when naturally attacking players play that role at international level. Would be nice for England to line up with two genuine, defensively aware central midfielders for once. Rooney should just be a flexible option who can play in a few attacking positions.

Forster and Bertrand start on the bench.

No rooney. I just dont buy it with him in a 'deeper' role. But the pundits are falling over themselves to say he is brilliant there

To play him at all is a joke, he is just so poor for most of the time and very ordinary at his best now

And the walking injury that is Wilshire starts.......it's a favourites club and always will be

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Am I the only one not impressed by Rose and his good half a season ?

Pretty much

Decent player, not a lot of change between him or bertrand with the bonus that there is a bunch of spurs players there. Decent options. Id have Clyne over walker but again the spurs connection is a winning one

Shame Welbeck isnt around, adds balance to the front line, will be interesting to see if Sterling finds any form.

Wilshere is arguably our best midfielder when fully fit, if he is fit enough Id take him.

As for rooney, he looks better in midfield these days but we have more than enough options upfront and in midfield that should all play before he does

Rose is a reasonable attacking player but an awful defender. If he played for Stoke rather than Spurs, he'd be nowhere near the England team.

And I'll put money on it he'll get the nod instead of Ryan Bertrand.

Glad Vardy scored, will make Woy look even more clueless and inept when he drops him for Rooney come the Euros.

Friendly or not this has been a **** poor display by England, how the hell Sterling or Wilshere are anywhere near the team is a joke. When will ever get an England manager with the balls to pick a team on form rather than club.

bit of a mixed bag performance.

Vardy is utterly wasted out wide (we all knew that anyway)

Wilshere was no where. Probably means he is a cert for the squad

Sterling was awful. This reflects his season. probably a cert for the squad

I thought Rose was average at best. not a good defender but very quick

Walker was my MoM. good performance and will probably start

Kane was good. Not liking him taking the set pieces but he wont anyway come the real deal

vardy is miles better central

but how on earth rose was MoM over some of the others out there is just plain weird.

Yet the pundits will lap it up, talk about how it was great to see Wilshere get some 'minutes' and how well Sterling played.

Throw in their comments on what a worthy MoM Rose was.

jesus