Tayo from Nigeria

ScepticalStan

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006500737202

Has anyone been following this guy at all? He's a Nigerian Saints fan who has built himself up a little audience on Facebook with his combination of enthusiastic support, slightly elaborate messages and just generally infectious

online persona.

Tayo has been featured in the match day programme in the past as well as in the local papers as well.

If you've got a moment it's worth looking back over his posts and photographs of the smiling kids in Nigeria that he's rallied to the cause. He's also a good guy to send old spare Saints shirts to if you've got any lying around.

Have a read - the stuff he posts will put a smile on your face!

Fantastic! Let us know how things go.

I was speaking to him recently about efforts to get him to St. Mary's. I don't know whether the club could get involved at all (it would certainly make for great publicity) but there has been occasional chatter on his page about setting up some kind of a crowdfunding campaign to give him a chance to come along. Obviously we can't just gift him the money and there'd need to be some kind of measures taken re. security etc. but I'd happily chip in a tenner or so if there were enough people willing to do the same and we could guarantee that it all went smoothly.

Aside from being a heartwarming project it wouldn't half make the club & fans look good.

Just been talking to him on Facebook, smashing bloke.

I was invited to one of the fans forums a little while ago about how to get Saints known around the world.I think getting him and his family across would be a step in the right direction, I will try contacting the club and let you know what response I get.

Just been talking to him on Facebook, smashing bloke.

I was invited to one of the fans forums a little while ago about how to get Saints known around the world.I think getting him and his family across would be a step in the right direction, I will try contacting the club and let you know what response I get.

Great! Please keep us updated on here and let us know how it goes!