'Brendan Rogers' Is he a hypocrite?

Saint Without a Halo

http://www.skysports.com/share/10292304

Contrary to his previous statements about Saints lack of ambition when spending up to £50m of Liverpools money on Saints Players

He now apparently believes Celtic is and can remain a top world club by looking within, to its academy, rather than shelling out large £10m or £5m fees

Wasn't that the Saints strategy he was particularly scathing about, stating lack of ambition etc?

I wonder how he will enjoy Saints if we continue to raid our recent feeder club Celtic now the boot is on the other foot

Is he therefore a hypocrite or just a pragmatist building up Celtic as a top world club that cannot currently afford £5m to £10m players because of the league it plays in

I don't remember him being scathing about our policy of promoting youth.

His famous quote was basically about us selling off multiple players during that golden summer of meltdown. Not really sure how anything he's said there is particularly hypocritical.

He's taken at least two steps back into a league and a club that are skint, so bigging up the virtues of promoting from within is basically his only option.

i hope he bumps into Owen after saying it's not a step down..obviously Celtic are now up there with the big three..barce madrid and Liverpool.

He is a hypocrite anyway..talking about How Spurs should win the league after spending 100 million when he could only finish 7th or something after spending the Suarez money.

A walking sound bite and the documentary summed hm up..David Brent mark 2.

Does Brendan effect our relationship with Celtic (who we've traditionally done a lot of business with).

Never sure why we don't loan to them more, club with a gritty league to toughen our players up, some European football, and a better standard of player to learn from than league1.

How can he be a hypocrite? The Scousers gave him money to spend, especially after they sold Suarez, as the Kop were spitting blood all over their replica tops. If he'd spent nothing after selling Suarez and said he was going to concentrate on bringing through the youth instead, he'd have been on the first train back to Swansea. The fact he spent it badly is another thing altogether. He said some things to the media, but managers play the media game and then sometimes live to regret it. Hopefully he's learned from that time and will be less of a ***t in the future. He's not a bad manager and the Celtic job is a chance to raise a profile in a below average league. CL qualification is paramount though, so i hope his players have plenty of "character" and BR also reads a thesaurus to broaden his vocabulary.

I don't remember him being scathing about our policy of promoting youth.

His famous quote was basically about us selling off multiple players during that golden summer of meltdown. Not really sure how anything he's said there is particularly hypocritical.

He's taken at least two steps back into a league and a club that are skint, so bigging up the virtues of promoting from within is basically his only option.

He intimated that our policy of selling key players (to him mainly using the millions raised from Suarez who he couldn't hang on to) and subsequently replacing them with youth or players not as well known (i.e cheaper) showed a ditinct lack of ambition

And that we didn't aspire to the champions league

I believe that given where he finds Celtic, (a club not currently blessed with millions given the league they are in and no Suarez like players leaving) his statements on not spending and promoting youth are a pragmatic necessity. However it is interesting that he now finds this approach consistent with being, as he states " a top world club" and one not at odds to competing in the Champions league.

He intimated that our policy of selling key players (to him mainly using the millions raised from Suarez who he couldn't hang on to) and subsequently replacing them with youth or players not as well known (i.e cheaper) showed a ditinct lack of ambition

And that we didn't aspire to the champions league

I believe that given where he finds Celtic, (a club not currently blessed with millions given the league they are in and no Suarez like players leaving) his statements on not spending and promoting youth are a pragmatic necessity. However it is interesting that he now finds this approach consistent with being, as he states " a top world club" and one not at odds to competing in the Champions league.

His quote was about us selling players, not about who we replaced them with.

His quote was about us selling players, not about who we replaced them with.

oK he basically took a swipe at us not wanting to spend big compared to Scousehampton to,keep our key players and spend more to make the next move to a champions league level and said he had no sympathy for paying mega bucks to attract out top talent

He is now at a club where he is saying prudence spending small and recruiting from the youth team is the way forward ( obviously by necessity) yet he believes they are a top world club and their current strategy ( even more prudent than the one he critisized us for ) is sufficient to maintain a top world club position and go on and challenge in the Champions league

It must be just me but I do detect a smidgin of hypocrisy in his new position compared to his previous stance when he knew he could out spend us. This is not the first time his ill judged quotes about other clubs have come back to haunt him

The quote patronizing quote calling Spurs a failure for not having won the league with their spend post Bale also came back to haunt him when he subsequently failed to even get a Champions league place with an even greater spend post Suarez.

oK he basically took a swipe at us not wanting to spend big compared to Scousehampton to,keep our key players and spend more to make the next move to a champions league level and said he had no sympathy for paying mega bucks to attract out top talent

He is now at a club where he is saying prudence spending small and recruiting from the youth team is the way forward ( obviously by necessity) yet he believes they are a top world club and their current strategy ( even more prudent than the one he critisized us for ) is sufficient to maintain a top world club position and go on and challenge in the Champions league

It must be just me but I do detect a smidgin of hypocrisy in his new position compared to his previous stance when he knew he could out spend us. This is not the first time his ill judged quotes about other clubs have come back to haunt him

The quote patronizing quote calling Spurs a failure for not having won the league with their spend post Bale also came back to haunt him when he subsequently failed to even get a Champions league place with an even greater spend post Suarez.

He didnt criticise us for not spending big. He just said he had no sympathy and that we didn't have to sell.

The quotes are very easy to find online.

His quotes about us have been shoved back down his throat already - he got sacked and we finished above what was his team this season. We've won. It's over.

He's now the manager of Celtic, a team that will definitely have to sell when the likes of us come calling.

There's plenty to laugh at without making things up.