Football bets.

Pilchards

Relegation odds are ridiculously short at the moment.

Leicester are the same odds as we are with most bookies to be relegated (25/1). That's way too short for both of us.

I hadn't actually looked at the price. I agree, that's silly.

OK - Skates to be relegated.

What do you reckon would be a good bet for next season?

Shane Long leading British scorer?

Saints most clean sheets?

Saints winning the FA Cup? Okay that was a joke as we don't do cups.

Shane is not British he is Irish

Bookies have been shaken up and won't be offering huge odds for nearly impossible scenarios anymore.

I doubt it. They may pretend to be shaken up, but they aren't. Betting on EPL is huge. They paid out £8 million on Leicester winning, but I bet (no pun intended) that it hardly makes a dent on how much they made from winning every title bet on the other 19 teams. It would be interesting to see the actual cost impact of Leicester winning vs. the other teams. I'd guess that bookies would've had to pay out more than £8 million if Man City, Man U. or Arsenal had won. On top of that, they have won on thousands of long shot bets over decades, and now there will probably be even more suckers to their lose money on ridiculous long shot bets.

Edited by Dark Munster

Shane Long is not British.

There is a clue in the name... Republic of Ireland

British Isles?

I'm lost as to your point. That doesn't make Shane Long British. The English Channel isn't English just because the English call it the English channel, the French don't call it that.

Shane Long doesn't have one of these, not a British birth certificate and he is not British...

Ukpassport-cover.jpg

I'm lost as to your point. That doesn't make Shane Long British. The English Channel isn't English just because the English call it the English channel, the French don't call it that.

Shane Long doesn't have one of these, not a British birth certificate and he is not British...

Ukpassport-cover.jpg

Can we agree on 'leading scorer in Britain'? Anything else is semantification.

Relegation odds are ridiculously short at the moment.

Leicester are the same odds as we are with most bookies to be relegated (25/1). That's way too short for both of us.

That's ridiculous! I was expecting 100, 200.

As someone else said, I think the days of a 5000/1 "long shot" are now gone thanks to Leicester :/

Is someone from Sweden a Scandinavian?

Common mistake people make to think those that come from the British Isles are all British. To be British you have to come from Great Britain, which is England Wales and Scotland. Northern Ireland is not part of GB but is part of UK.

I doubt it. They may pretend to be shaken up, but they aren't. Betting on EPL is huge. They paid out £8 million on Leicester winning, but I bet (no pun intended) that it hardly makes a dent on how much they made from winning every title bet on the other 19 teams. It would be interesting to see the actual cost impact of Leicester winning vs. the other teams. I'd guess that bookies would've had to pay out more than £8 million if Man City, Man U. or Arsenal had won. On top of that, they have won on thousands of long shot bets over decades, and now there will probably be even more suckers to their lose money on ridiculous long shot bets.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/may/03/5000-1-outsider-leicester-city-bookmakers

Ta Dah!

(awaits applause)

Is someone from Sweden a Scandinavian?

Why is that in any way relevant? Shane Long doesn't have a British birth certificate, he doesn't have British passport. In law he is not British. By what means do you think he is?

People bring up the "British Isles" thinking that makes the Republic of Ireland British, but the Republic of Ireland government doesn't call it the British Isles. As I said before the word Republic in the name is a big clue that it isn't connected. The French don't call the English Channel what the English do, they call it la Manche/the sleeve.

Why is that in any way relevant? Shane Long doesn't have a British birth certificate, he doesn't have British passport. In law he is not British. By what means do you think he is?

People bring up the "British Isles" thinking that makes the Republic of Ireland British, but the Republic of Ireland government doesn't call it the British Isles. As I said before the word Republic in the name is a big clue that it isn't connected. The French don't call the English Channel what the English do, they call it la Manche/the sleeve.

Bet you're a ****ing riot at parties.

Since when does having a British birth certificate mean anything?

Ukpassport-cover.jpg

He holds dual nationality...