Wanyama. As expected.

twopintsnilnil

Ffs why do they have to say 'the club are braced for offers'

HELLO WE KNOW HE'S GOING ITS NOT A SURPRISE

F*cking media have to make a drama out of everything.

Tbh I'd like him to stay but he's done the same as Morgan - given the club another year as agreed. So I wish him well on whichever subs bench he ends up on. I would, of course, prefer it to be anyone but Tottenham since they are responsible for unsettling him last summer.

25 million for a bloke in the last year of his contract? Either they've made up a figure or the board are expecting rather a lot of their negotiating skills. pity he wants to leave but I don't expect him to end up at anyone other than Spurs.

Sounds like made up stuff again. Still, knowing we are "braced for bids" is comforting. If Leicester will pay 25m then fine, if Spurs want him they should be told to go **** themselves (and I don't think for one minute they want to add Vic to Dier and Dembele). Wouldn't mind Lamela though, but doubt he would be offered now after he has done well in the last season.

Given the recent history between the clubs surely it would take an 'over the odds' bid from Spurs for us to sell to them. However if they actually do make a bid for Wanyama I'd prefer the board to tell them to sling their hook regardless of the offer.

So is it one year of two years left for Wanyama? Thought it was two. If one then we won't get much at all.

Spurs don't exactly like to offer much. Probably come in with 8m or something silly. Still, can see it happening, Poch likes him, they're in the CL. Wanyama and Dier in front of Verthonghen and Toby, with Lloris in goal would be a pretty terrific team defensively at least.

1 more year.

Tottenham are remodelling their stadium and will be short of money. Whether they would want to spend their precious transfer budget on Vic is debatable.

This limit arises out of the apparent unwillingness of the owners of Tottenham to fund the stadium out of their billions of personal wealth. If they were willing to do that financial fair play would not require them to reduce their spending.

25 million for a bloke in the last year of his contract? Either they've made up a figure or the board are expecting rather a lot of their negotiating skills. pity he wants to leave but I don't expect him to end up at anyone other than Spurs.

Or the new TV deal has changed reality once again.

I believe that Levy operates a wage ceiling policy, which is apparently under pressure from the up and coming young players.

Whether Wanyama would get the wages he wants from Spurs is possibly doubtful.

The last figure I read was £80K a week, although whether this is true or still applicable after CL qualification is open.

I think this one might be different, I don't think he's gonna get a shot at the likes of manure or citeh or arse, maybe conte will take him as a replacement to mikel. But after how he conducted himself earlier in the season, i think it would be rather amusing to see him go to Leicester and languish in the bottom half.(although still play in the champs league)

Lets auction him off to the highest bidder real quick and get him out of the club before him or his agent does any more damage. Spurs can have him - he's a liability.

Wanyama is not a liability - he's an asset. He's delivered three highly influential seasons to Saints, and any fan who wouldn't want him to extend his contract and stay is misguided. Vic's situation isn't that different to Morgan last season; the agreement he could leave in the summer was probably done 12 months ago and his inevitable departure should be seen with same grace and appreciation Morgan received. I just hope it isn't to Spurs.

WHAT????????

NO!!!!!!!!!

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

WHY DID NO ONE TELL US!!!!!!!

HE NEVER GAVE US ANY IDEA!!!!!!

WHAT A BOLT OUT OF THE BLUE THIS WAS!!!!!!!!

I also notice that the sky is blue, birds sing in trees, an object falls at 9.81 m/s/s and the big name star in Columbo/Murder She Wrote/Diagnosis Murder/Poirot is the one who did it.

Wanyama is not a liability - he's an asset. He's delivered three highly influential seasons to Saints, and any fan who wouldn't want him to extend his contract and stay is misguided. Vic's situation isn't that different to Morgan last season; the agreement he could leave in the summer was probably done 12 months ago and his inevitable departure should be seen with same grace and appreciation Morgan received. I just hope it isn't to Spurs.

Not a liability? Sent off 3 times couldn't be arsed for many games last season unless it was a team he wanted to play against.

I havent forgotten his Europa sulk.

I really rate him but his behaviour this year was rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHAT????????

NO!!!!!!!!!

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!

WHY DID NO ONE TELL US!!!!!!!

HE NEVER GAVE US ANY IDEA!!!!!!

WHAT A BOLT OUT OF THE BLUE THIS WAS!!!!!!!!

I also notice that the sky is blue, birds sing in trees, an object falls at 9.81 m/s/s and the big name star in Columbo/Murder She Wrote/Diagnosis Murder/Poirot is the one who did it.

Just to clarify, I hope you mean on the earth's surface? Also that's more of an average due to the rugby ball shape of the earth. In reality, Newton's equation of gravity being g = -GM/r^2 offers a more comprehensive law for gravity although this was superceded by Einstein's theory of general relativity but I feel this is probably too much detail that it would subtract from the analogy the OP was drawing. As for Murder, She Wrote, I've never watched it so I can't comment.

Problem is I guess is that he's not going to get into any of the other top clubs, Spurs is probably the only one.

Arsenal might take him, so might Spurs and Leicester. But with CL next season with LCFC or THFC, that rather presents a problem. Players often move stating that they want CL football but if the normal order returns next season, then LCFC aren't going to be qualifying for CL again. Of course LCFC might push on and regularly replace one of Arsenal, Manchester x2, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs in the upper echelons of the league, and become a European footballing giant. The same could be said about Spurs, but they do probably have a better chance. So one could sign a contract looking for CL football to only get it for one season (and even then might not get out of the group stages).

So if it is guaranteed CL football that you want, England isn't the place to guarantee it save maybe for Arsenal (given their past success in qualifying). If he wants to go to a club that has a chance of CL, then Spurs is better than us, but we were onyl 3 points off a CL spot this season (just imagine if he had tried properly at Norwich). So then it is down to money. I am presuming that with a new contract comes a new improved wage. We offer what we value his services at, and this presumably takes into account what a replacement would cost, which he either accepts or he doesn't. Seems like he hasn't. So be it. A shame, but he has done 3 years here, which I personally think is about what you can expect on average from an overseas player.

I'm already resigned to him going, so if he stays its a bonus.

I think most people were resigned at the end of last season or the beginning of this one.

No surprise if he goes and most importantly, him leaving for a decent amount may mean we can keep others and sign some new talent ready to prove themselves. If Wanyama and Pelle are the only ones who leave this summer (of the key first team squad) and maybe Juanmi if he is not in the plans, and we bring in others to challenge places then it will not be a bad summer. Hopefully we will get our signings done first so the perception is not of another meltdown in the media, however far from reality that is. It is a narrative that sticks sadly. This is the summer we can change that.

Arsenal might take him, so might Spurs and Leicester. But with CL next season with LCFC or THFC, that rather presents a problem. Players often move stating that they want CL football but if the normal order returns next season, then LCFC aren't going to be qualifying for CL again. Of course LCFC might push on and regularly replace one of Arsenal, Manchester x2, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs in the upper echelons of the league, and become a European footballing giant. The same could be said about Spurs, but they do probably have a better chance. So one could sign a contract looking for CL football to only get it for one season (and even then might not get out of the group stages).

So if it is guaranteed CL football that you want, England isn't the place to guarantee it save maybe for Arsenal (given their past success in qualifying). If he wants to go to a club that has a chance of CL, then Spurs is better than us, but we were onyl 3 points off a CL spot this season (just imagine if he had tried properly at Norwich). So then it is down to money. I am presuming that with a new contract comes a new improved wage. We offer what we value his services at, and this presumably takes into account what a replacement would cost, which he either accepts or he doesn't. Seems like he hasn't. So be it. A shame, but he has done 3 years here, which I personally think is about what you can expect on average from an overseas player.

I think most people were resigned at the end of last season or the beginning of this one.

Seeing as he left a club with a shot at CL football every season to join us I suspect CL is a lot less of an issue for Victor than dirty great wads of cash....

I believe that Levy operates a wage ceiling policy, which is apparently under pressure from the up and coming young players.

Whether Wanyama would get the wages he wants from Spurs is possibly doubtful.

The last figure I read was £80K a week, although whether this is true or still applicable after CL qualification is open.

It's under pressure from the up and coming massive amounts of tv money more than "their players are being underpaid anyway". Spurs will either sign the likes of Dier and Alli to new deals this summer or they'll go somewhere else, irrespective of remaining contract. It's exactly the same for every Prem club this season.

That's why Saints have had a player in the first year of his contract signing a new deal.

If Wanyama wants more money, literally every club in the Prem that wants him can offer him that if they choose to, including Saints.

I'd rather we signed a player who doesn't get themselves suspended for a quarter of the League games and looks like they're trying in all of them tbh.

In the short term I think Romeu covers that off just fine as far as the first team goes, but it won't hurt to sign at least one more DM from a European-experienced club who can provide competition for the position.

Just to clarify, I hope you mean on the earth's surface?

:-) You learn something every day! Certainly not that big vic is angling for more money..

Perhaps they should sit him down in front of a massive screen of the final league table, show him we were only 3 points off the CL, show some horror videos (his sending offs) and then ask him, "Is it really CL you want?".

I'd rather we signed a player who doesn't get themselves suspended for a quarter of the League games and looks like they're trying in all of them tbh.

In the short term I think Romeu covers that off just fine as far as the first team goes, but it won't hurt to sign at least one more DM from a European-experienced club who can provide competition for the position.

Agree with you very much on the top part but not on your second sentence.

Victor's disciplinary record is poor, he's in a position where you are more likely to pick up cards and Romeu gets his share of yellows as well, increasingly so Clasie. He's great at stopping the big boys and can be very dominant but in other matches (Norwich away) looked lost when the onus was on him to use the ball and when teams sat off.

Where I disagree is that we could get by with Romeu and Clasie - not with Europa and I still have my doubts about Clasie as a defensive screen, good player overall, although a big fan of Romeu's. We'd miss that physical presence against your Man City's and Arsenals and it's essential not to skimp in buying a high quality replacement in central midfield although we could go for a big, strong box-to-box CM who can defend but had more goal threat. Romeu however actually looks a threat coming forward so might play slightly more advanced in some games. Clasie might play as the holding midfielder in the Europa games I've a feeling.

Only team that would spend 25m on him is Man City or United, lets hope he goes to City, Pep must of been impressed with him when Barcelona played Celtic

I'd have thought he'd be after La Gran Muralla, had he not signed the new contract of course...

Wanyama leaving is expected. I'd rather we went all out to keep Mané anyway. Wanyama is replaceable, though I hope the club has learned the importance of replacing top players correctly - after struggling to find a decent replacement for Morgan. (Though I still think Clasie will come good.)

I do think Wanyama to Leicester will be a strange move for him. Yes they have six games in the Champions League, but it's highly unlikely they'll be there the season after - and so it'll only be a matter of time before Vic has a strop again and wants to move to a bigger club. I hate to say it but Spurs is a good fit for him, but they have Dier and Dembelé...