Transfer dilemma? .....what dilemma?

david in sweden

....this headline looks like a " space-filler " in the Echo - doesn't it ?

OK ...from the time that Victor Wanyama asked for a transfer last summer ..and later refused a contract extension it must be obvious that he wants away.

Not sure how much his agent is getting on the deal.....or how much Victor will earn, but it's certain that his wallet (sorry his head) is already at White Hart Lane.

He'll almost certainly leave as soon as we reach... July 2nd, and hopefully we will make his new club pay well for the privilege.

Graziano Pelle......will look back on his career and admit that had Ronald Koeman not pulled him out of the Dutch league and given him his chance in the Prem. he'd still be in the wilderness....and the very idea of playing no. 9 for Italy was only a pipe-dream. So why are people shocked to think that he also wants away.

Everything has gone well for Pelle...and in retrospect, I wouldn't deny him the last chance to play at the top level in his homeland....(shades of Rickie Lambert)

HDAJFU - when it mattered. We should recover our original outlay ...plus a £ bit (hopefully) and get a replacement a year or two younger.

Cuco Martina ....captain of a third World footballing nation....(FIFA ranked 149 a while ago) and undoubtedly DAJF Erwin in Holland in the past, and the £1 million fee didn't break the bank. It's difficult to disagree with the majority who said he isn't Prem.standard, but he managed to keep Cedric out of the team, and whatever else we say ..no-one is likely to forget his Goal of the Season. A 2 year contract was a reasonable deal, but I doubt if he can expect a 2 year extension.

There can't be many people who weren't aware of the basic facts..... so Echo .......where is the dilemma ? ...it all seems fairly obvious to me.

Too long a post IMO, poor grammar and you could include the link for those who haven't seen it.

3/10

Did this make you feel big? or somehow validate your own sense of self-worth within the sphere of this forum? If you didn't like the OP don't comment on it... (I am aware of some hypocrisy at this point).

Did this make you feel big? or somehow validate your own sense of self-worth within the sphere of this forum? If you didn't like the OP don't comment on it... (I am aware of some hypocrisy at this point).

LOL - nice to see a bit of honesty.

Re the OP, papers need to sensationalise things. Click bait exposes you to adverts which pays for things. Write something with a controversial headline and you reel in a lot of people.

LOL - nice to see a bit of honesty.

Re the OP, papers need to sensationalise things. Click bait exposes you to adverts which pays for things.

Write something with a controversial headline and you reel in a lot of people.

Of course I understand that, but do they need to make it sound like the club is imploding, and there will be a mass exodus ..again?

I read the OP, thought it was a load of ****e and said so.

Thats how the forum works.

Usually like Davie's posts but this was a tired one after a long season.

But you whine like a tart if your posts get picked on.....bit hypocritical

Not really. I'm happy for people to disagree with my opinions. Again, that is the point of the forum.

Its the people who don't have an opinion who are the hypocrites IMO. Anyway, what did you think of the Echo headline?

True in many cases, not all though.

Out of interest which sources do you value for Saints/football news?

For news or speculation?

News is best when it's fact so the saints official site

Speculation....I look on here for that especially from you if it's negative

For news or speculation?

News is best when it's fact so the saints official site

Speculation....I look on here for that especially from you if it's negative

Good stuff. Its not official till its on the OS so best wait for that and I can deliver the bad news for you so you have both sides covered.

Hearing Dortmund are in for VVD as a Hummels replacement actually. His new deal contained a release clause apparently.

As I said on another thread, the media have to over dramatise everything.

There was an article, I think, in the mirror about Wanyama and it used phrases like 'the ongoing transfer saga' and 'Southampton are braced for bids' etc

Which is complete rubbish - everyone knows he wants to go, he's given us another season without too much hassle (although there have been moments) and it's obvious where he's going.

To phrase it like that article did infers that he has somehow been kept at the club against his will all season and that the club don't want to receive any bids for him at all. Just always keep in mind that the media need you to click on the story or buy the paper because that's what pays their wages.

If the headline said 'Wanyama is going to be transferred as expected' it wouldn't sell as many papers or get as many clicks as 'Let me go, pleads Kenyan star' or 'Spurs to place dramatic bid for Wanyama'

David, good post as usual. Only issue I have is re GP. He is keen to stay in the Prem' and with us but from what I'm told is after a two year deal. Don't know where the 'wants away' stuff is from, perhaps his agent trying to broker a better contract?

Good stuff. Its not official till its on the OS so best wait for that and I can deliver the bad news for you so you have both sides covered.

Hearing Dortmund are in for VVD as a Hummels replacement actually. His new deal contained a release clause apparently.

But at least the bad news from you will be fact not your usual negative and speculative interpretation.

As I said on another thread, the media have to over dramatise everything.

There was an article, I think, in the mirror about Wanyama and it used phrases like 'the ongoing transfer saga' and 'Southampton are braced for bids' etc

Which is complete rubbish - everyone knows he wants to go, he's given us another season without too much hassle (although there have been moments) and it's obvious where he's going.

To phrase it like that article did infers that he has somehow been kept at the club against his will all season and that the club don't want to receive any bids for him at all. Just always keep in mind that the media need you to click on the story or buy the paper because that's what pays their wages.

If the headline said 'Wanyama is going to be transferred as expected' it wouldn't sell as many papers or get as many clicks as 'Let me go, pleads Kenyan star' or 'Spurs to place dramatic bid for Wanyama'

Have you actually read the Daily Echo article in question? It's pretty evenhanded article. It seems that the only one sensationalising things is our Davo who's seeing things that just aren't there.

I'd be stunned if we get what we paid for GP plus a little bit more. He's approaching 31 if he's not there already and although he doesn't base his game on speed, he's certainly not going to be getting faster from now on. He's also approaching the last year of his

Yes he is playing for Italy now - but as much as I appreciate what he has done for us, that really just shows that Italy don't have strikers of the calibre they've had in the past.

We paid around 8 million for him and with one year left plus his age to consider, I would be pleased if we recouped 5 mill. I'd actually expect 4.

That said personally I would keep him another year as he's a useful option but I'm not sure he wants to sit on the bench.

I'd be stunned if we get what we paid for GP plus a little bit more. He's approaching 31 if he's not there already and although he doesn't base his game on speed, he's certainly not going to be getting faster from now on. He's also approaching the last year of his

Yes he is playing for Italy now - but as much as I appreciate what he has done for us, that really just shows that Italy don't have strikers of the calibre they've had in the past.

We paid around 8 million for him and with one year left plus his age to consider, I would be pleased if we recouped 5 mill. I'd actually expect 4.

That said personally I would keep him another year as he's a useful option but I'm not sure he wants to sit on the bench.

I'd rather keep him for a year than get 4m, we finally have a great choice of strikers and are certain to have at least 6 Europa games + cups games next season. Money coming in this year means 4m or leaving on a free after 1 more year will be neither here nor there.

To phrase it like that article did infers that he has somehow been kept at the club against his will all season and that the club don't want to receive any bids for him at all.

Aren't both of those things true?

You might want to thank the media for informing you that Wanyama wants to leave. They are the only reason it is 'obvious'.

David, good post as usual. Only issue I have is re GP.

He is keen to stay in the Prem' and with us but from what I'm told is after a two year deal. Don't know where the 'wants away' stuff is from, perhaps his agent trying to broker a better contract?

Hi Norm.

It really is difficult to know exactly what is gospel on here and what is just plain lies made up by someone for fun.

I have seen a number of varying posts suggesting that Pelle will go to Juventus or ....whoever?

Of course it could easily be his agent drumming up interest although a number of Italian clubs might well be open to signing their country's number 9 ...despite his age.

If as you suggest he wants to stay, I'd be happy with that. What we need is some competition between our strike quartet, and some cover in case of injury/ loss of form.