League Championships

SO16_Saint

So in another thread I mentioned an idea I've been thinking about. I really should speak to Fifa :)

Basically it's where each of the top European Leagues put together a team and compete against each other, akin to the Euros or WC.

Each team is made up of the players from each League - regardless of nationality.

Each team has to have at least 1 player in the 23 man squad.

Who would be in your PL Team?

I'll give this a punt. I guess pick the best player from each club then add 3 top players.

GK: de Gea (Man Utd), Butland (Stoke), Foster (WBA)

RB: Bellerin (Arsenal), Clyne (Liverpool)

CB: van Dijk (Southampton), Stones (Everton)

CB: Williams (Swansea), Kompany (Man City)

LB: Daniels (Bournemouth), Bertrand (Saints)

DM: Kante (Leicester), Gueye (Villa)

AM: Payet (Wham), Hazard (Chelsea)

LW: Bolasie (Palace), Brady (Norwich)

RW: Mahrez (Leicester), Sissoko (Newcastle)

Str: Kane (Spuds), Defoe (Sunderland)

Str: Aguero (Man City), Ighalo (Watford)

Bloody hell Thats harder than I expected, especially trying to get a balanced squad. The likes of Alli, Vardy, Morgan, Ozil and Toby couldn't be accommodated, and other good players too. (I went with 2 Saints though!). There are bound to be better squads out there.

I'll give this a punt. I guess pick the best player from each club then add 3 top players.

GK: de Gea (Man Utd), Butland (Stoke), Foster (WBA)

RB: Bellerin (Arsenal), Clyne (Liverpool)

CB: van Dijk (Southampton), Stones (Everton)

CB: Williams (Swansea), Kompany (Man City)

LB: Daniels (Bournemouth), Bertrand (Saints)

DM: Kante (Leicester), Gueye (Villa)

AM: Payet (Wham), Hazard (Chelsea)

LW: Bolasie (Palace), Brady (Norwich)

RW: Mahrez (Leicester), Sissoko (Newcastle)

Str: Kane (Spuds), Defoe (Sunderland)

Str: Aguero (Man City), Ighalo (Watford)

Bloody hell Thats harder than I expected, especially trying to get a balanced squad. The likes of Alli, Vardy, Morgan, Ozil and Toby couldn't be accommodated, and other good players too. (I went with 2 Saints though!). There are bound to be better squads out there.

Without overanalyzing, I would swap out Kompany who is unlikely to play due to injury, for Toby.

Worth bearing in mind that La Liga could boast an attack comprising Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Bale & Griezmann. All different nationalities. You could have 3 from Barca and 2 from Madrid and still comply with the rules...!

A league championships every 4 years would be brilliant- none if this one from each team though- just the bext XI available-

Take the top 4 leagues and have a group of 4, it wouldn't take long and would be simple- just a simple group, no round robins.

A league championships every 4 years would be brilliant- none if this one from each team though- just the bext XI available-

Take the top 4 leagues and have a group of 4, it wouldn't take long and would be simple- just a simple group, no round robins.

So that would be 14 players from a bag containing Man U, Man City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Vardy.:lol:

No, like the rules as it makes the team more representative, removes the big team bias, and would be a laugh, PLUS all the fans would get behind their player and team.

Worth bearing in mind that La Liga could boast an attack comprising Suarez, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Bale & Griezmann. All different nationalities. You could have 3 from Barca and 2 from Madrid and still comply with the rules...!

that is true, but their GK, defence and midfield would be cr@p

they'd also need Kevin "we will score one more than you" Keegan to manage them