View Poll Results: Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Voters
745. You may not vote on this poll
  • Unai Emery

    343 46.04%
  • Manuel Pellegrini

    83 11.14%
  • Frank de Boer

    193 25.91%
  • Eddie Howe

    31 4.16%
  • David Moyes

    16 2.15%
  • Andre Villas-Boas

    60 8.05%
  • Quique Sanchez Flores

    19 2.55%
Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 3023

Thread: New Manager Thread

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Horbury, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    892

    Default New Manager Thread

    I'm putting my neck on the block - I think it's happening.

    So, I will say Frank De Boer

  2. #2

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    Bad taste. We have a Manager.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick75Sfc View Post
    I'm putting my neck on the block - I think it's happening.

    So, I will say Frank De Boer
    Why you start this now is bizarre. Be rubbish if Koeman goes.

  4. Default

    Aww no harm speculating. I'd hope Les is so why shouldn't we.

    I know who I hope we stay away from and that's Van Gaal.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Horbury, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    892

    Default

    I guess I'm getting as fickle as those managers that say they are staying.

  6. #6

    Default

    The odds are short; be ready for him to go

  7. Default

    Is Marcelo Bielsa available. The man who Poch idealises.

  8. Default

    Manuel Penguinini

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Charlie View Post
    Bad taste. We have a Manager.
    Do we?

    If we did, then this speculation could be killed off with one tweet.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Townhill Park
    Posts
    956

    Default

    The Seville manager Emery.Ideal for the Europa League.

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    The Seville manager Emery.Ideal for the Europa League.
    This. Also recognises the need to move players on and the importance of a youth academy. Seems an ideal fit.

  12. #12

    Default

    Zlatan player manager. It all makes sense now as to why his announcement has been delayed.

  13. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Zlatan player manager. It all makes sense now as to why his announcement has been delayed.
    This.

  14. #14

    Default

    Paul Cook

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    4,859

    Default

    100% Unai Emery

    I'd love to keep Ron. But if I were an Everton fan I'd rather have Emery.

    De Boar would be decent but I think we are the perfect club for Emery. If it comes to it, we need to get him in on a 4-5 year contract.

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Paul Cook
    100%, there are so many similarities, both classy, articulate, intelligent, have had huge football pedigrees.

  17. #17

    Default

    LOOK AT ME!!!!!!

    LOOK AT ME!!!!!!!!!

    FROM MY HEAD TO MY TOES, LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

    Sorry, couldn't resist.

    Go on them, i'll go with Bielsa, a good call i'll say.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post
    100% Unai Emery

    I'd love to keep Ron. But if I were an Everton fan I'd rather have Emery.

    De Boar would be decent but I think we are the perfect club for Emery. If it comes to it, we need to get him in on a 4-5 year contract.
    All hypothetical but if Everton want Emery and can't get him, then get Koeman instead who decides Everton are a better bet than Saints, why would we then be able to get Emery?

    He has Champions League too.

  19. Default


  20. #20

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    2,808
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    We sound deluded if I'm honest if we want Emery.
    It's a pipe dream.
    Honestly, I say it is likelier Zlatan will come then Emery will be manager

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    "Make a joke and I will sigh and you will laugh and I will cry"
    Posts
    12,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Charlie View Post
    All hypothetical but if Everton want Emery and can't get him, then get Koeman instead who decides Everton are a better bet than Saints, why would we then be able to get Emery?

    He has Champions League too.

    But Koeman is their first choice, allegedly, so Everton will only offer Emery a job if they don't get Koeman.
    Assuming all these press reports are true. So we should have no problem approaching Emery.

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Horbury, West Yorkshire
    Posts
    892

    Default

    - Diego Simone ?

  23. #23

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sussex/Kharkiv
    Posts
    17,579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick75Sfc View Post
    - Diego Simone ?
    LOL.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    8,467
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Genn Hoddle !!! Just for old times sake !

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick75Sfc View Post
    - Diego Simone ?
    about as likely as me being the next saints manager!

  26. #26

    Default

    no thats ****..........!!

  27. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post
    no thats D i c k.....!

  28. #28

    Default

    Jason Dodd and Radhi Jaidi dream team

  29. #29

    Default

    Let's keep it Dutch.


  30. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Dining room table
    Posts
    11,262

    Default

    Meet the new Boss.
    Same as the old boss.

  31. #31

    Default

    You lot are uneducated savages.

    There is only 1 true replacement who has been free since he resigned in Jan and is a biesla disciple and been super successful in South America.

    Jorge Sampoli - Universedad De Chile, Emelec and Chile and was according to him lined up for Chelsea.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a6931866.html

  32. #32

    Default

    Thankfully Roberto Di Matteo has been taken off the market by Villa.

  33. #33

    Default

    Has Zlatan joined yet?

    WUM.

  34. Default

    Roger Schmidt.

    Alternatively, Andre Schubert? (although it could be a bit too early with him)

    Marcelino from Villarreal?

  35. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    You lot are uneducated savages.

    There is only 1 true replacement who has been free since he resigned in Jan and is a biesla disciple and been super successful in South America.

    Jorge Sampoli - Universedad De Chile, Emelec and Chile and was according to him lined up for Chelsea.

    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...-a6931866.html
    I don't disagree with that choice at all. (Or Tuchel, but he's not leaving Dortmund for us!)

  36. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Balls View Post
    100% Unai Emery

    I'd love to keep Ron. But if I were an Everton fan I'd rather have Emery.

    De Boar would be decent but I think we are the perfect club for Emery. If it comes to it, we need to get him in on a 4-5 year contract.
    Paaaaaa, contracts!!

  37. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angelman View Post
    Do we?

    If we did, then this speculation could be killed off with one tweet.
    Or Koeman himself saying he's not interested. Oh, wait a minute, he already did that... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idX09BGAt4o

  38. Default

    Looking at the Everton shortlist (minus Ronald) to see who (in theory) we might get linked with:

    - Unai Emery
    - Manuel Pellegrini
    - Frank De Boer
    - David Moyes
    - Roberto Mancini
    - Paulo Fonseca
    - Ryan Giggs
    - Diego Simeone
    - Quique Sanchez Flores
    - Andre Villas-Boas
    - Martin O'Neill
    - Quique Setien
    - Mark Hughes
    - Lucien Favre
    - David Unsworth
    - Steve Bruce
    - Carlos Carvalhal
    - Didier Deschamps
    - Jorge Sampaoli
    - Louis Van Gaal
    - Eddie Howe
    - Avram Grant
    - Jurgen Klinsmann
    - Gary Rowett
    - Joachim Loew
    - Marcelo Bielsa
    - Sean Dyche
    - Steve Evans
    - Gary Neville
    - Phil Neville
    - Mark Warburton
    - Tim Sherwood
    - Laurent Blanc

  39. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    I don't disagree with that choice at all. (Or Tuchel, but he's not leaving Dortmund for us!)
    Bro....

    1st Hakim and now Jorge, its like we are brothers from a different mother.

  40. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Looking at the Everton shortlist (minus Ronald) to see who (in theory) we might get linked with:

    - Unai Emery
    - Manuel Pellegrini
    - Frank De Boer
    - David Moyes
    - Roberto Mancini
    - Paulo Fonseca
    - Ryan Giggs
    - Diego Simeone
    - Quique Sanchez Flores
    - Andre Villas-Boas
    - Martin O'Neill
    - Quique Setien
    - Mark Hughes
    - Lucien Favre
    - David Unsworth
    - Steve Bruce
    - Carlos Carvalhal
    - Didier Deschamps
    - Jorge Sampaoli
    - Louis Van Gaal
    - Eddie Howe
    - Avram Grant
    - Jurgen Klinsmann
    - Gary Rowett
    - Joachim Loew
    - Marcelo Bielsa
    - Sean Dyche
    - Steve Evans
    - Gary Neville
    - Phil Neville
    - Mark Warburton
    - Tim Sherwood
    - Laurent Blanc
    About the same size of list as players West Ham are interested looking at that from this week

  41. #41

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    2,808
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    - Unai Emery
    - Manuel Pellegrini
    - Frank De Boer
    - David Moyes
    - Roberto Mancini
    - Paulo Fonseca
    - Ryan Giggs
    - Diego Simeone
    - Quique Sanchez Flores
    - Andre Villas-Boas
    - Martin O'Neill
    - Quique Setien
    - Mark Hughes
    - Lucien Favre
    - David Unsworth
    - Steve Bruce
    - Carlos Carvalhal
    - Didier Deschamps
    - Jorge Sampaoli
    - Louis Van Gaal
    - Eddie Howe
    - Avram Grant
    - Jurgen Klinsmann
    - Gary Rowett
    - Joachim Loew
    - Marcelo Bielsa
    - Sean Dyche
    - Steve Evans
    - Gary Neville
    - Phil Neville
    - Mark Warburton
    - Tim Sherwood
    - Laurent Blanc

    The ones in bold are the ones where I'd be over Koeman, but a fair few are just delusions!

  42. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Looking at the Everton shortlist (minus Ronald) to see who (in theory) we might get linked with:

    - Unai Emery
    - Manuel Pellegrini
    - Frank De Boer
    - David Moyes
    - Roberto Mancini
    - Paulo Fonseca
    - Ryan Giggs
    - Diego Simeone
    - Quique Sanchez Flores
    - Andre Villas-Boas
    - Martin O'Neill
    - Quique Setien
    - Mark Hughes
    - Lucien Favre
    - David Unsworth
    - Steve Bruce
    - Carlos Carvalhal
    - Didier Deschamps
    - Jorge Sampaoli
    - Louis Van Gaal
    - Eddie Howe
    - Avram Grant
    - Jurgen Klinsmann
    - Gary Rowett
    - Joachim Loew
    - Marcelo Bielsa
    - Sean Dyche
    - Steve Evans
    - Gary Neville
    - Phil Neville
    - Mark Warburton
    - Tim Sherwood
    - Laurent Blanc
    YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  43. #43

    Default

    Someone who cares about Saints.

    Fed up getting managers in who use us to reach the next level.

  44. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Convict Colony View Post
    Bro....

    1st Hakim and now Jorge, its like we are brothers from a different mother.
    Wijnaldum before that (Jury still out on him, but I'm convinced he'd have been great for us - Squad-wise, I'd happily trade him for Ramirez/Juanmi)

  45. #45

    Default

    To be fair without being crazy I wouldn't be destroyed if we got Gary Neville.

    I followed his games every week at Valencia and the lack of luck he had was incredible.

    I think he is a progressive manager and would do a very very good job for us, he likes teams to play like us and during his time in spain his strikers made Pelle look like Suraez.

    F8ck it I've said it, I would take Gary Neville, there is a lot to like about how he conducted himself and what he was trying to achieve in Valencia.

    The biggest problem was the language, Jorge Medes overpaying for rubbish clients of his and injuries destroying his team most weeks.

  46. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Wijnaldum before that (Jury still out on him, but I'm convinced he'd have been great for us - Squad-wise, I'd happily trade him for Ramirez/Juanmi)
    True dat, Winjanldum my love child from last summer, I just want an AM for summer.

  47. #47

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Carlo Ancelotti would be nice

  48. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marching Halos View Post
    Carlo Ancelotti would be nice
    Reading his book at the moment and he is awesome based on the first 3 chapters I've read, he is very much of the cool, controlled guys who Zlatan & Ronaldo love.

  49. #49

    Default

    Eddie Howe or Pellgrini

  50. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marching Halos View Post
    Carlo Ancelotti would be nice
    Given that he's just about to take over Bayern Munich, that's not going to happen. Not that it would anyway.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •