New Manager Thread

Yorkshire Saint

Who should replace Ronald Koeman?  

745 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Ronald Koeman?

Thought he looked very average and certainly not the level we should be looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds a bit harsh. 5th in La Liga last season, plays attractive football, promotes academy players. Won Bilbao their first major cup in 31 years by beating Barcelona 5-1.

He's been around a while but has experience of doing well with more than just one club.

Sounds a bit harsh. 5th in La Liga last season, plays attractive football, promotes academy players. Won Bilbao their first major cup in 31 years by beating Barcelona 5-1.

He's been around a while but has experience of doing well with more than just one club.

Mainly in Greece though - jumped/sacked a few times. Most managers promote youth if they have no other options. Sorry nothing to excite me and would have Moyes over him.

Mainly in Greece though - jumped/sacked a few times. Most managers promote youth if they have no other options. Sorry nothing to excite me and would have Moyes over him.

Fair enough. Did well at Valencia, took Espanyol to the UEFA Cup Final. But as you say, his best record comes in Greece.

Wonder who the mystery manager could be, if not Valverde...

Valverde could be very interesting - he has been linked with Real Madrid (hence the new contract) but the new contract is only until June 2017. Learnt under Cruyff and played for Barcelona and has done really good stuff at Bilbao.

Sure this is all made up but sounds like just the sort of manager we would go for and seems to fit the SOuthampton Way.

Not a hipster name at all and I'll probably get pelters but Mark Warburton hasn't been mentioned?

Earning a good reputation and apparently plays a good style but would he make the famous Black Box? I think he'd be ahead of the inexperienced Giggs/Neville suggestions at least.

I will confidently predict that, who ever we appoint, there will be people on here who are underwhelmed.

I don't think there was hardly anyone that was underwhelmed when Koeman joined, which shows that it is possible to find someone to bring in that unites the fan base. Who that is, i don't know.

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?50673-Koeman-Appointed&highlight=Koeman#.V2BsTHp4WrU

If any Euros team managers are top of our list it could be a long wait, unless it's Roy of course! (joking)

Are there any Euro managers which would suit 'the Southampton way'? Is Joachim Loew ready for a change?

Got a suggestion? Some of the more lesser known suggestions were interesting I thought.

Obviously I have. We could probably poach Mark Hughes if we had any balls, but I think we're holding out for Chris Coleman, it'll be a proper coup after he wins the euros.