Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah if we bent over backwards and let him do us up the ass. Every manager would have stayed if we were held to ransom.

He only wanted to stay one more year and didn't want to sign an extension. That's his prerogative. I'm not a massive fan of how he left but some people think the club can do no wrong.

He only wanted to stay one more year and didn't want to sign an extension. That's his prerogative. I'm not a massive fan of how he left but some people think the club can do no wrong.

The club have a prerogative to not let managers go into the final year of their contract where they hold all the aces. They'd be utterly retarded to let that happen and they didn't.

The club have a prerogative to not let managers go into the final year of their contract where they hold all the aces. They'd be utterly retarded to let that happen and they didn't.

Yeah but that wasn't my point. People are making fun of Koemans comments referencing players/managers being loyal to their contracts. He was willing to see his out.

Yeah but that wasn't my point. People are making fun of Koemans comments referencing players/managers being loyal to their contracts. He was willing to see his out.

Well I will make fun of Koeman's comments because he is deflecting. Lukaku not honouring his current contract isn't the point at all, he has never suggested anything of the sort. The fact that he is unwilling to sign a new one because Everton are unlikely to ever achieve anything, despite their bluster about they are going to take the world by storm is the issue here, and Koeman responds to it by offering a strawman argument.

was he though? He fired his first agent after he told Everton Ronald wasn't interested and got his new agent to start negotiations with Everton. Koeman was happy to stay if no one else was offering him a job which isn't exactly respecting your contract and more like pragmatism.

Edited by doddisalegend

And you're moaning about people saying "the club can do no wrong". Well, what did they do wrong, exactly, being that letting Ronald Koeman go into the last year of his deal would have been pretty stupid thing to do?

And you're moaning about people saying "the club can do no wrong". Well, what did they do wrong, exactly, being that letting Ronald Koeman go into the last year of his deal would have been pretty stupid thing to do?

Exactly this, he wouldn't have seen out his contract with us when the huge £6m offer from Everton came. He didn't sign a new contract because it put him in a better position to move if an offer came in.

Well I will make fun of Koeman's comments because he is deflecting. Lukaku not honouring his current contract isn't the point at all, he has never suggested anything of the sort. The fact that he is unwilling to sign a new one because Everton are unlikely to ever achieve anything, despite their bluster about they are going to take the world by storm is the issue here, and Koeman responds to it by offering a strawman argument.

Be fair, Koeman is well on the way to becoming the Dutch David Moyes. Everton haven't got a glass ceiling, more of a glass bungee (which they invented)!

I still recon the next manager at Arsenal will be Koeman.All the Everton talk about new stadiums and big ambitions,well they are all there at Arsenal the club just need the right direction and its not from Wenger.Do you think he would have stayed next year at ours now ?

Exactly this, he wouldn't have seen out his contract with us when the huge £6m offer from Everton came. He didn't sign a new contract because it put him in a better position to move if an offer came in.

He's got his move to a top eight club who are 'living in the past' according to their best player, who should know!

It was a very strange move and made bacause no big clubs wanted him..... He has made his bed and it hasn't done him any favours when big clubs look at him now....

I expect him get a bigger club at some point but not to succeed. I really cannot see one of the big four or five taking a punt on him here.....

Koeman would have failed miserably here this season and he knew it which is why he ran off to the first bolt hole he could find lording them as a 'big club' yeah right ok, what ever you say .....

Edited by captainchris

I still recon the next manager at Arsenal will be Koeman.All the Everton talk about new stadiums and big ambitions,well they are all there at Arsenal the club just need the right direction and its not from Wenger.Do you think he would have stayed next year at ours now ?

Strange, but I think another year with us would have made him more attractive to Arsenal or Barcelona than he is now. Another finish between 6-8th with us would have been noted and be seen as an achievement. Instead of which he's likely to finish 7th with Everton. Is that such an "achievement" ? They are afterall a "big" club in many people's eyes, and he's had money to spend and a player such as Lukaku at his disposal.

Seems Ronnie thinks you cant let someone just see out the last year of their contract...

Ronald Koeman admits Ross Barkley will be sold this summer if he does not sign a new contract at Everton.

But Barkley's situation is different to Romelu because next season will be the last year of his contract.

"You make decisions at the end of the season and you sign a new contract or you sell the player. There is no 'ultimatum' but that's *business - and the player needs to *understand this."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10804474/ronald-koeman-tells-ross-barkley-to-sign-new-everton-deal-or-be-sold-this-summer

Seems Ronnie thinks you cant let someone just see out the last year of their contract...

Ronald Koeman admits Ross Barkley will be sold this summer if he does not sign a new contract at Everton.

"You make decisions at the end of the season and you sign a new contract or you sell the player. There is no 'ultimatum' but that's *business - and the player needs to *understand this."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/10804474/ronald-koeman-tells-ross-barkley-to-sign-new-everton-deal-or-be-sold-this-summer

RK obviously learnt this at The Les Reed School of Economics

What player doesnt want to go to a bigger club and earn more money? A young English midfielder.... All the top teams in England will be interested in him.

Because at the end of his contract going on a free he negotiates his own terms and gets a massive signing on fee.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting little snippet for you all...

I've been visiting family this weekend and saw my 14 year old nephew who is in the Everton academy. I asked him what he thought of Koeman.

He said he is undoubtedly a good manager, but he shows zero interest in the academy. The previous managers in his time there (Moyes and Martinez) were frequently seen around the training ground and always took time to get to know the kids, but apparently Koeman never visits and doesn't even bother to say hello if he passes them in a corridor.

Fits with what we already knew about his ignorance of our own academy while he was with us. I told my nephew not to worry because he will no doubt have already moved on again by the time he's old enough to sign a pro contract.

Holgate (20), Pennington (21), Davies (18 ) Calvert - Lewis (20), Lookman (20) and Kenny (20) all part of the Everton starting 11 or bench today.

If they are good enough they play for Koeman, he's proved that. Think he might object to being told to play academy players before he thinks they are ready?

Holgate (20), Pennington (21), Davies (18 ) Calvert - Lewis (20), Lookman (20) and Kenny (20) all part of the Everton starting 11 or bench today.

If they are good enough they play for Koeman, he's proved that. Think he might object to being told to play academy players before he thinks they are ready?

Almost as if they have a lot of injuries... http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

None of Holgate, Calvert-Lewin or Lookman came through the Everton academy, and Pennington is 22. Pennington has only been playing because of Coleman's broken leg and now Williams' suspension. The only one of those he's really placed real faith in, in terms of a proper run in the side, is Davies.

None of Holgate, Calvert-Lewin or Lookman came through the Everton academy, and Pennington is 22. Pennington has only been playing because of Coleman's broken leg and now Williams' suspension. The only one of those he's really placed real faith in, in terms of a proper run in the side, is Davies.

Dont spoil his poorly "veiled" pop at the club he claims to support but just trolls about...

Signed from Charlton for circa £10 million, is hardly an Everton academy product !