Ronald Koeman Joins Everton - CONFIRMED

Jimmy_D

• 7 months later...
In his dreams. What has he done to deserve the job? And after his spell at Valencia he would be lucky to get a top flight job there.

Now Poch... if the Espanyol thing doesn't get in the way.

There's pictures of him everywhere at the Nou Camp, he's revered there because of his playing days. I'd suggest it were more to do with experience and popularity if Koeman were to be appointed rather than managerial brilliance.

Ronald may be an arrogant turncoat with a penchant for a holiday, but the Koemans were a great management team for us.

Was he though? If we'd been Mané-less last season we would be in much the same position as we currently are. Our (Mané's) latter season form papered over some pretty considerable cracks in my opinion.

Was he though? If we'd been Mané-less last season we would be in much the same position as we currently are. Our (Mané's) latter season form papered over some pretty considerable cracks in my opinion.

Had Koeman not joined we would have arguably been Mane-less.

I'm not sure how a team full of superstars used to the tika taka style of football would react to the MoPo high pressing game, and his intensive high-energy training regime. I'd love to see either of our exes go there, if only to read the indignant reactions on Spurs/Everton forums.

Given Barcelona are still the high pressing team I think they'd manage.

Would take MoPo back in a heartbeat. For me the most promising manager we've had.

I get the impression Les would take MoPo back in a heartbeat too. After we lost Koeman there was a lot of talk about what we want to achieve, and a lot of referencing back to Pochettino's time. He may have left the club in a slightly underhand way which left a bad taste, especially as he went to Tottenham, but he was undoubtedly an excellent (maybe even perfect) fit for the way the club operates.

Will never forget that cup game at Sunderland. That was all MoPo, we were utterly shocking.

Remember driving home thinking what a total tool he was. No doubt he is an outstanding manager, but he went down a long way that day.

Similar to Koeman at Shef Utd in the cup, but MoPo's decisions that day were a joke.

Koeman is a legend there and has done very well in England

Mopo took over a spurs side that has been finishing top 5 for the past 12-13 years and has err finished top 5. Still not won a single trophy and did awful with espanyol

Glasgow I thought you had mellowed and moved on. The whole MoPo obsession which coincided with your banning was a dark chapter in your history. You're better than that pal.

Koeman is a legend there and has done very well in England

Mopo took over a spurs side that has been finishing top 5 for the past 12-13 years and has err finished top 5. Still not won a single trophy and did awful with espanyol.

And Koeman's going to land Everton a top 7 finish, which as you've been telling everyone repeatedly, is what they are.

Not sure how much I'd be laughing about this, pretty sure the first thing Koeman will do is try and sign VVD.

If you assume he's off at somepoint anyway i'd rather it was Barca than to a team in our league. I'm also pretty sure we'd get a better fee from them than most other sides too.

I'd pay to see the look on Messi's face when MoPo instructs him to do late afternoon extra sprinting sessions.

Messi works really, really hard, man. They all do at Barca!

PS saying you'd take Pochettino back is like saying you'd "take" Ancelotti or Guardiola or Mourinho. The guy is one of the best.

It was probably Koeman's career plan to go to a big club, preferably Barcelona or Arsenal, at what he expected to be the completion of a highly successful 3-year contract with Saints. I don't think any of us realistically expected him to stay here for any longer than that. If the club had made it clear they were happy with that, I guess he would have stayed until the end of this season. Would we have done any better? It's hard to say. The new contract he has with Everton has presented him with a bit more of an obstacle. He may feel he has to stay there for at least another year.

So no better than MoPo then.

Koeman has won more as player and manager.

Koeman would probably get the nod ahead of Mopo (for Barcelona) based on his history with the club too

For me Mopo is definitely on the high potential list, however until he starts to win trophies id be surprised if Barca took a gamble.

Koeman has won more as player and manager.

Koeman would probably get the nod ahead of Mopo (for Barcelona) based on his history with the club too

For me Mopo is definitely on the high potential list, however until he starts to win trophies id be surprised if Barca took a gamble.

Each to there own. If it was a straight choice between the two, I'd have MoPo all day long.

Each to there own - agreed.

41% win rate v 54%

0 trophies vs 8 trophies

And I'm sure if MoPo had managed one of the best teams in the Eredivise he'd have also won 8 trophies. But you knew that already.

Much preferred watching us under MoPo than RK. I've no doubt when (not if) he gets one of the top teams to manage, he will lots of trophies.