Saints announce Virgin Media as new main club sponsor

Saint-Armstrong

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 2m

#SaintsFC have announced Virgin Media as their new main sponsor. Told the three-year deal is comfortably the biggest in the club's history

Blasting the FFP out of the water. Re-smashing the glass ceiling which was excellently broken by Everton and Scott Dann.

Simon Peach ‏@SimonPeach 2m

#SaintsFC have announced Virgin Media as their new main sponsor. Told the three-year deal is comfortably the biggest in the club's history

Well seeing as the biggest previous was £1m a year...... But good that it is a company like this rather than a loan shark. I was sure it was going to be Garmin.

A cynic might suggest that the announcement has been rushed out in order to make it 'timely'. Good job that I'm not a cynic though... ;)

Nah, watching the video it looks like the did the advert work on the pitch oust the youth tournament that was there last weekend (hence the small pitches on the pitch). I expect they wanted to release at the weekend but with all the **** at the moment delayed but a day or two. Pretty amazin it didn't leak out properly after they sprayed the ****ing pitch!

I like the international profile and what he says about Virgin 'doing things differently'...perhaps that means staying long-term as a high profile sponsor.

No coincidence about the timing.

Think everyone outside of SFC and Everton are bored with the RK saga - and their announcement will be washed over by the start of the Euros.

Pleased as it is a real step up

I would also like to thank Veho, who are real genuine Saints fans

Yes, it is a step up. Now the news that Frank De Boer is to be the manager and we nick a few Everton players or as someone said we gazzump Everton for Lewis Dunk LOL !

I gives more chance of looking good, so long as it doesn't mean a giant white stuck on panel to make their red writing show up.

Can't be any worse than the kit we had under Poortaloo and Wotte. Looked like the logo was stuck on with pritt-stick by primary school kids.

Wonder how many pompey fans are changing their broadband and tv packages as we speak.

They have the internet in Pompey?

Will say that Virgin Media delivers consistently poor service - only marginally better than their trains which smell like a s**t that has had nervous breakdown.

I may be wrong, I often am, but I don't think Virgin Media run any trains or operate an airline. It was once part of the Virgin Group of companies but was sold and according to Wikipedia is owned by an American, British-based company, Liberty Global, which is one of the largest Broadband Internet Service providers in the World. Definitely no smelly trains.

How is a uk based company selling, Internet and phone services just in the UK a "proper international company"?

"Virgin Media has accepted a $23.3bn (£15bn) takeover by American cable tycoon John Malone's Liberty Global in a deal that threatens to topple Rupert Murdoch's dominance of pay television by creating Europe's largest broadband business.The new company will have its headquarters in the UK, and serve 25 million customers in 14 countries including Germany, Belgium, Switzerland and the Netherlands."