Pelle Set to Leave For China - Telegraph

Guided Missile

Still think it's a shame we are selling him, after watching the Euros and seeing him work so well with Eder, and then seeing the Greizman/Giroud combo work well together it would be good to have that little/large two striker option.

But he's going out the league and we are making a tidy profit so no complaints really, plus it's a massive pay day for him that will mean he is set for life.

Despite all the compelling evidence above that this "source" is talking complete and total made-up bull$hit,, I think we have to commend this chap for having the balls to start a thread.

Never listen to that "source" again...and please go back and ask for an explanation as to why he was 1000000% utterly wrong.

Thanks.

Another post that littered this thread like so many dog turds. I expect a full apology and some degree of grovelling before I post any further nuggets for you losers to masturbate over....

Another post that littered this thread like so many dog turds. I expect a full apology and some degree of grovelling before I post any further nuggets for you losers to masturbate over....

No pal, your original story -that Pelle failed to turn up for a game- was shown to be total c**p.

As for stories that he was off - well my pet dog could have worked that out.

• 2 weeks later...

Just scored his first goal in his first game there, definitely too good for that league then again a lot of players over there are.

He didn't get that much of a break after the Euros did he? Less than 3 weeks since Italy were knocked out and he's back playing "competitive" matches.

Just scored his first goal in his first game there, definitely too good for that league then again a lot of players over there are.

He didn't get that much of a break after the Euros did he? Less than 3 weeks since Italy were knocked out and he's back playing "competitive" matches.

Not quite. His first game was the 1-1 draw away to Liaoning with Shandong's goal scored by Montillo

I expect he limped and struggled all the way to the bank.

How?? As according to some loons on here he never moves....must have hit him and gone in...

Italy manager Giampiero Ventura has questioned Graziano Pelle’s decision to head to China this window. The former Southampton forward was one of the standout players for his country in Euro 2016, but his place in the national team could be under threat.

Voetbal International have reported on comments Ventura made with regards to the ex Feyenoord star leaving Southampton. Ventura believes a player must have a desire to win, which he thinks won’t be the case for Pelle at his new club.

Ventura said a main motivation (probably the only motivation) for players to move to China is for the wages, and has questioned how Pelle’s transfer will change things.

“Players need to have a desire to win, going to a lesser league doesn’t help in that regard. So 50 percent is China, the rest is the big wages. A player has to be strong psychologically and temperamentally,” said the Italy coach with regards to Pelle.

Despite interest from clubs in Italy and across Europe, Pelle recently joined Chinese side Shandong Luneng in a multi-million-pound deal.

A number of top players in the past six months have joined clubs in China, and Pelle will be joining up with former Newcastle United forward Pa**** Cisse at Shandong Luneng.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/manager-unhappy-southampton-transfer/?

• 1 month later...
Dutch and Italian media reporting Pelle is regretting his move to China. Apparently his girlfriend (Viktoria Varga) is unsettled and Pelle isnt enjoying the quality of football in China.

Should we try a loan bid in January?

Source: http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=288638 (in Dutch).

Yes (& get them to pay 100% of his wages)

Dutch and Italian media reporting Pelle is regretting his move to China. Apparently his girlfriend (Viktoria Varga) is unsettled and Pelle isnt enjoying the quality of football in China.

Worth a try but I don't think she will come back without him.

:lol: what the hell was he expecting. I'd have thought he would be a standout player in china racking up a decent number of goals...I take it he isn't.

Exactly. You pocket the cash and make the most of it - or you don't go in the first place. Going and wanting to come home 1 month later is really lame.

Although he is about 1m quid better off for his month there than he would have been staying here. Silver linings and all that!