CONFIRMED: Juanmi signs for Real Sociedad

Saint-Armstrong

Southampton Football Club can confirm that Juanmi has completed a permanent move to Real Sociedad for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old signed for Saints last summer, moving to St Mary’s from Spanish club Málaga.

The Spain forward made two starts and 17 substitute appearances during his time on the south coast.

He now returns to La Liga, joining a Sociedad side that finished ninth in the table last season.

Southampton Football Club would like to thank Juanmi for his time at the club and wish him well for the future.

Good luck to the bloke, worth a punt with signings like these, always is, you never know who you might unearth :)

I thought he would come okay after his assist to Long in Europa League game, guess not, but good luck to him.

What an awful signing he was.

Must have been a Cortese signing, like all the bad signings have been. Oh wait.

No loss, never looked up to it, hopefully will allow one of the youngsters to break into the squad assuming we get a new manager who has faith in youth.

2. Being a large part of a particularly good episode of 'The March' Saints videos

That was a good episode. Watch it back now though and I bet it would seem a bit overly backslappy between Les and Ross Wilson, hyping up the scouting and acqusition of Cedric as a replacement for Clyne and Juanmi as an exciting talent.

No doubt it didnt appear to be working out for him here. But surely its worth giving him another couple of months to let the new manager cast his eye over him and see if he had anything worth working with? Might have just not seen eye to eye with RK.

How much money did we lose on him?

I've heard about £3m, but not sure.

Shame: good player who could have developed... but didn't. So, not good for Saints or PL then!

Wish him well back in Spain. Hope he doesn't do a 'Pogba' on us.

I'm sure he was allowed to train every day.

He was the least suited of a few signings that struggled with the tempo and physicality of the PL.

Hopefully we learn for this summer.

I think Adam Blackmore said that towards the end some players felt as if it didn't matter how well they played, Koeman would't play them. I Koemans persistence in playing Pelle went when he went through through that stage where he couldn't hit a barn door is testimony to that. Victors behaviour and constant starts over the arguably better Romeu too. I don't think he's a manager that gambles on players like Poch did/does.

I'd have said Austin was his replacement, sort of. Don't think there's room in our squad for another attacker unless another one leaves.

He never really nailed down a position (and likewise, we never seemed to know where to play him).

If anything, he was probably thought of as playing off the main striker.

Dire. Remember his start against Aston villa in the cup, no physicality, no pace, no obvious skills. Good to get him off of the age bill. A risk worth taking but obviously hasn't paid off and hopefully he can do better back in Spain. Watch him score 20 this season now haha!

There was a game at the end of the season where Juanmi came on putting in a good performance, but there was one strange moment where he was standing in acres of space in a great position right on the edge of the box, and right in front of JWP who had the ball and just needed to slide it forwards, but he blanked him and sent it in the opposite direction.

Genuinely feel bad for him because he never failed to give 100% in the (very) small cameos where he did make an appearance. He actually forced a very good save out of Guzan when we were 0-1 down at home to Villa which, had it gone in, maybe would have changed things.

Poor lad just had the most dainty, high centre-of-gravity running style and I've never seen a player be shouldered off the ball just so, so easily by literally any opponent. Feel bad for the guy and hope he hasn't damaged his career at all.

But having said that, there's a difference between being nice and lol...basically just lying...

Shame. Showed flashes of real ability.

LMFAO.

No.

No he didn't.

Oh well thought he looked promising in his little cameos. Cheap little gamble that didn't pay off no big drama.

I thought he looked a good little player; I don't argue with the Club's decision to move him on, but I do see Juanmi's (and Harry Reed's) limited opportunities as questionable decisions by Koeman.