Wanyama to Spurs - Official

DT

He must've left the club on good terms to being allowed to make such a statement, especially given the recent history of terse statements about leaving managers and players.

He did the decent thing and stayed the extra year. Good luck to him - I think he'll need it!

Does anyone buy any of that b*****ks?

Very good player for what he does, when on form he breaks up play better than anyone. Average distribution, attitude and discipline though, we couldn't rely on him when needed, hope he fails at Spurs.

Will be interesting to see how he fits into Spurs team with Dembele and Dier being pretty good last season.

[h=1]TO SOUTHAMPTON FANS[/h]Dear All,

I write to you with a heavy heart to announce that I will be leaving Southampton Football Club. As you can imagine it is very emotional for me to say goodbye to the club that gave me the chance to be the first Kenyan to play in Premier League.

Firstly, I would like to thank the most important part of every club, the fans. I want to reassure you that any “quotes” you have read about in the media before my move was announced are false. I would never disrespect you by talking to the media before I have talked to you guys.It took a while for me to win you all over but I can truly say that with your support and affection I have grown as a player and a person.

vicgoodbyeK-300x196.jpg

You guys have always been there to lift us up when we were down, and to celebrate with us when we were playing well. I feel really proud that I got the opportunity to wear the Southampton shirt.

Secondly, football is a team sport and it wouldn’t be right not to thank my amazing teammates. Jose, thanks for leading the team and always being there to pick us up when we needed encouragement. Thanks to the rest of the team for always giving 100% effort, I will miss all of you.

I also want to thank every member of the Southampton staff: those who work behind the scenes and never get credit for their contribution to our success on the pitch. We are nothing without you. I will never forget my time in Southampton Football Club, I will keep club forever in my heart.

Yours in Sport,

Victor Wanyama

Classy stuff Big Vic. All the best

Meh. For me, similar feelings of indifference to what I felt when Morgan and Shaw Left.

Many people last year thought Morgan was irreplaceable. I saw one person refer to him as the 'be all and end all' of our team. No one person is irreplaceable, I'm confident we will find someone decent enough to fill his shoes. Who'd heard of Kante this time last year?

Agree with this. When on form gave us a strength and solidity alien to us in the vast majority of my time supporting Saints.

Agreed. Our blend of pace, strength and ability is what has taken us to these heights. We need to,be careful we don't lose that mix.

The trusting side of me thinks "ah, that's nice of him, what a sincere bloke."

The cynical side of me says "doing the groundwork to ensure he doesn't get booed."

Still even if it's hollow it's a hell of a lot better better than Koeman's sign-off, or Lallana's. At least it looks like he cares.

I write to you with a heavy heart to announce that I will be leaving Southampton Football Club. As you can imagine it is very emotional for me to say goodbye to the club that gave me the chance to be the first Kenyan to play in Premier League.

Firstly, I would like to thank the most important part of every club, the fans. I want to reassure you that any “quotes” you have read about in the media before my move was announced are false. I would never disrespect you by talking to the media before I have talked to you guys.It took a while for me to win you all over but I can truly say that with your support and affection I have grown as a player and a person.

vicgoodbyeK-300x196.jpg

You guys have always been there to lift us up when we were down, and to celebrate with us when we were playing well. I feel really proud that I got the opportunity to wear the Southampton shirt.

Secondly, football is a team sport and it wouldn’t be right not to thank my amazing teammates. Jose, thanks for leading the team and always being there to pick us up when we needed encouragement. Thanks to the rest of the team for always giving 100% effort, I will miss all of you.

I also want to thank every member of the Southampton staff: those who work behind the scenes and never get credit for their contribution to our success on the pitch. We are nothing without you. I will never forget my time in Southampton Football Club, I will keep club forever in my heart.

Yours in Sport,

Victor Wanyama

PS. I had spaghetti it was nice

Classier exit than others in the past...bit harder to replace than some ....but not impossible.

I'm never sure if these posts are serious or not, so forgive me if you're just having a laugh, but he's refused to play for us, agitated for a move, turned his performances on and off when he feels the spotlight is on and all is forgiven because he knocked together a couple of paragraphs that any PR/agent could have turned out?

To be fair the club twitter feed re-tweeted it.

Exactly- we never retweeted Koeman's 'thank you to fans tweet', and when we did that highlights of #InTheBox on youtube, none of Koeman's scenes came up, shows really how much we hate him.

His attitude last summer was very very poor. In all but, the Arsenal game at home & the last 5 games (shop window) he was pretty sh1te all season.

Ive always described him as the best worst player weve ever had. Defensively he is outstanding. Pressing, closing down & protecting the defence he was brilliant. Still don't believe he is a good footballer. I have seen Sunday league footballers who control the ball better, who pass the ball better & general ball mastery is better than he does.

I remember many great games, but it will always be tinged with the Liverpool cup game this season where he was totally inept. The header to make it 2-0 was terrible.

He is going to be difficult to replace, but he is nowhere near the player Morgan is.

Classy message from Big Vic.

Whether it's bull**** or not we have on one side him, Rickie, Morgan and Luke Shaw doing it the right way.

on the other side we have Koeman, Lallana and Lovren......

TBF Lallana put out a similar message in the Echo I believe, it's just that the fans in general rejected it. As for Lovren, well he's just a massive c*ck.

vicgoodbyeK-300x196.jpg

Yours in Sport,

Victor Wanyama

Well said, Vic. We've enjoyed watching you in the team and you have certainly contributed to our rise. Good luck, but have an off day when we play you.

I can't believe we bought him for around the £12m mark and we're selling him at a loss, Spurs have had our pants down here. :x

With one year on left on contract it is harder to get bigger fees than if contract is still 2 or more years

I believe (as mentioned on here earlier i think) if we had sold for more we would have had to pay Celtic but not at 11m...

Could be wrong though...can anyone confirm ?

wanyama was never 6'2, but having clasie, JWP, and Reed as our options will leave us aerially challenged tbh.

Hmmm. I'll have many great memories of Big Vic but I can't honestly say his heading ability will be amongst them.

Hmmm. I'll have many great memories of Big Vic but I can't honestly say his heading ability will be amongst them.

Probably fair that he didn't put in many memorable headers, but he posed a formidable physical obstacle to someone else vying for the ball and probably gave a few concussions that way.

Romeu is the only height we've got left in midfield, the remainder are midgets and, though JWP has bulked up a bit, I don't see JWP or Reed competing strongly in that respect, certainly not Clasie.

Probably fair that he didn't put in many memorable headers, but he posed a formidable physical obstacle to someone else vying for the ball and probably gave a few concussions that way.

Romeu is the only height we've got left in midfield, the remainder are midgets and, though JWP has bulked up a bit, I don't see JWP or Reed competing strongly in that respect, certainly not Clasie.

Don't disagree with anything you say. But muscling the midfield, as JWP discovered last season, is less about height and bulk (though it helps) and more about simply growing a set of balls. Reed still looks to me like a young Billy Bremner style of footballer. What we would give to have someone like that in midfield eh? Agree that Clasie looks the most lightweight of that bunch though clearly it is an aspect of his game that the backroom boys are working on.

Sad to see him go. Will be tough to replace. He made it pretty clear he was leaving this season so shame about the tiny transfer fee. Nice touch with the message.

5 year deal for Spurs would make him 29 at the end. A couple of lads I was talking to in Nairobi last year would suggest he'd be finishing that deal well in to his 30's after a longer than usual youth career.