The New, New Manager Thread

St Chalet

Who Would You Choose?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Who Would You Choose?

Wouldn't be surprised if there was something in this one, as sounds more of a "Saints type" of manager than either Pelligrini or Klinsmann. New favourite with the bookies by the end of the day?

He's got "Saints type of appointment" written all over him.

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 57s57 seconds ago

It's my understanding that neither Manuel Pellegrini nor Jurgen Klinsmann are being pursued by #saintsfc to be their new manager

I'm hoping for Claude Puel!

Crikey - Pellegrini out, Garcia out, Moyes and Howe out.....

Sounds like its going to be Puel....

Adam Blackmore ‏@bigadamsport 57s57 seconds ago

It's my understanding that neither Manuel Pellegrini nor Jurgen Klinsmann are being pursued by #saintsfc to be their new manager

I'm hoping for Claude Puel!

You expecting me to listen to that guy over somebody incredibly well informed and in no way a mentalist on Bletchweb?

Simon Peach

‏@SimonPeach

Told Manuel Pellegrini no longer in the running for the #SaintsFC job. Ex-#MCFC manager appeared keen but no longer being pursued

Baffling! If MP was interested why on earth aren't we snapping his arm off. He's a top manager coming off of a good season with City. Either he wasn't in the running at all or flat out rejected us, surely we didn't reject him.

Simon Peach

‏@SimonPeach

Told Manuel Pellegrini no longer in the running for the #SaintsFC job. Ex-#MCFC manager appeared keen but no longer being pursued

If we have turned him down we are mental. Unless we've got someone better lined up... who else out there available and better than him though?

Not sure 'saints style appointment' means much when we've only appointed two managers in the premier league.

Still hoping for Pellegrini myself.

The current regime have only signed one, and clearly did not get that one right either in terms of him signing up to the Southampton Way. Sadly our current board are being shown up now as a bit of a shambles, no evidence of the legendary succession planning when reality bites.

If we have turned him down we are mental. Unless we've got someone better lined up... who else out there available and better than him though?

Yeah exactly. Hope that isn't true and he is still in the running. Pellegrini is by and away the best candidate available.

The current regime have only signed one, and clearly did not get that one right either in terms of him signing up to the Southampton Way. Sadly our current board are being shown up now as a bit of a shambles, no evidence of the legendary succession planning when reality bites.

hahahahahahahaha - nice, good one!!

Yeah exactly. Hope that isn't true and he is still in the running. Pellegrini is by and away the best candidate available.

As much as I like Pellegrini, he doesn't fit our usual recruit. We look to appoint younger hungry managers who are on the upward path. Marco Silva would be nearer the mould we may go for.