Next five year plan

9-3

Was chatting to an old coach recently. Said some interesting things.

Markus had a fund for the club, on his passing and for the year Cortese left, he was going to make club self sufficient and stop going to Kat for funds. Poch was to get £60m that season. Kat took the money, les teamed up with Kat and Cortese walked on hearing Kat's plans.

Contrary to beliefs, Cortese was very popular with both coaches, players and most of key people at club.

Markus had a fund for the club, on his passing and for the year Cortese left, he was going to make club self sufficient and stop going to Kat for funds. Poch was to get £60m that season. Kat took the money, les teamed up with Kat and Cortese walked on hearing Kat's plans.

Contrary to beliefs, Cortese was very popular with both coaches, players and most of key people at club.

read that about ten times and still can't make head nor tail of what you're trying to say.

Babelfish~~: Markus left an endowment for the club. Pochettino should have got £60m for the team but Kat pocketed the money. Les and Kat teamed up and Cortese, who was Mr Popular, left.

I could even kind of believe that - except probably more likely the club rowed back on the £60m due to Cortese inspired ****ups, overspends and disasters elsewhere - Staplewood, Osvaldo etc.

There's always loads of rumors and Chinese whispers, but if you look at what we know as fact, the picture can become a little clearer.

In the first year back in the Premier League. Cortese took a loan out against future ticket & season tickets sales. Given that comes to around 12million, we can probably guess that the loan wasn't much bigger than that. The second year he took a larger loan out based on all income including television rights and there was a charge against every asset, fixture, fitting, player, stadium, training ground, houses etc. etc. The signatories on the loans, was Gareth Rodgers and I think from memory (I could be wrong) Cortese as well (These documents are available from Companies house for two pounds each). Both Charges have now been settled, so there is no debt outside of the Directors loans from Katrina, which I think the last set of accounts showed as 60 million ( Someone on here will have the exact figure)

So since the family took over (And including the initial purchase price) as of the last set of accounts, it looks like we are 60 million down. Given that includes around 40 million on the training ground. That is pretty incredible. Additionally what will be interesting is to see how much of the 60 million has now been paid off from the players sales (Which I think will include, Lallana, Lovern etc) when the next set of accounts is released. But...... with the new TV money (And I could be way off here) and potential player sales of Wayanama and possibly Mane, there could be a completely clean balance sheet and all debts settled. That would simply be incredible, from the standing start of minus ten points in league one, to a top Premier league club, playing in Europe. I couldn't even guess at the value of the squad let alone what the whole club is worth now, but as an asset it must be one of, if not the biggest in Katrina's portfolio. The club will absolutely have to be self funding and probably has for the last couple of years, so that shouldn't bother people, but at that point in which debts are settled, I don't think you will see Katrina repeating loans and investments to tune of what she has done historically.

Additionally worth noting that Cortese is on record as sneering and laughing at the clubs who took the types of loans that he did. in fact he even said he would never do it..... but he did in very first year back in the prem.

Will that involve Kat, Ralph and Sir Les?

Nothing lasts for ever?

On that note, this has been been the best last five years ever.

This summer is all part of the current 5 year plan. Everything is going exactly how the club have predetermined!

This summer is all part of the current 5 year plan. Everything is going exactly how the club have predetermined!

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't really understand that. Could you explain it a bit more, Avenue_Saint? Where/Who did Kat take money from and what money was it?

• 1 year later...