Jay Rod and Austin to destroy the Prem next season :)

Roboze

I reckon Jay, has been allowed ample to to recover and not rushed back, because the club believe he will get back to his old form, and Austin was always bought for the coming Season, so know no to rush him back for an end of season run, they have a good partnership before. get ya prayer beads out!! IF thay can stay fit, we willbe smashing them in :)...........IF!!

J-Rod took some kind of knock against City in a tussle with Nasri and worryingly he was neither seen of nor spoken of ever since, thought at least we'd get an update on his condition but no. Hope I'm wrong but I think he'll be another Michael Svensson

I reckon Jay, has been allowed ample to to recover and not rushed back, because the club believe he will get back to his old form, and Austin was always bought for the coming Season, so know no to rush him back for an end of season run, they have a good partnership before. get ya prayer beads out!! IF thay can stay fit, we willbe smashing them in :)...........IF!!

You been on the sauce?

I remember a comment being made by a relatively formal source (the club, Jay himself, etc) that post-injury he was able to achieve sprint times that were better than before he got injured....

Will be interesting to see which Jay Rod turns up next season...

I was surprised we offered JayRod such a long new contract before he had proved he could make it back to his old form. I have to say I was equally surprised we signed Austin. The combination of low fee, high wages, injury troubles didn't feel like a recent Saints signing at all. Wonder who pushed for that one?

I was surprised we offered JayRod such a long new contract before he had proved he could make it back to his old form. I have to say I was equally surprised we signed Austin. The combination of low fee, high wages, injury troubles didn't feel like a recent Saints signing at all. Wonder who pushed for that one?

To be fair I think we were scared of losing Jay there was a lot of rumoured interest IIRC?

You're not alone. I really hope that j-rod can get back to being a pl striker, he's a genuinely decent bloke and deserves another shot at it, but it doesn't look likely to me. As for charlie austin, I was over the moon when we signed him, and even more so when he nodded in that header on his debut. But he's hardly seen any game time since then, you've got to wonder how that's going to work out.

Seems very odd in hindsight that in a summer when we lost Pochettino, Lambert, Lallana, Lovren, Shaw, and Chambers, we drew our 'line in the sand' at Rodrigues...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Who on earth else would have given him that sort of deal until he had proved he was fit?

To be fair, wasn't he already on quite a long deal already when he snapped his acl? I'd guess that from the clubs point of view it might have been viewed as damage limitation in the hope that he'd do a walcott and bounce back.

You have to presume the coaching and medical staff know what they are doing (those sprint speeds, for example). But those of us who can only go by what we saw at the end of the season, "running though treacle" I think someone said, have legitimate worries.

I must admit to a concern about J-Rod.

If doesn't get back to his old form next season I don't think he ever will. Terrible shame for the bloke, he was on fire, had just broken into the England squad, and looking like only getting better. Then one unbalanced landing with too much weight on one knee fecked it all up. Really hope he gets back but just don't think it's going to happen sadly.

Austin will be fine next year and get back to his 15-20 goal season. He is not injury prone, in fact the previous 4 seasons he played straight through and in almost all the games. This year was just one of those things, and he will be fit and ready to go.

Austin will be fine next year and get back to his 15-20 goal season. He is not injury prone, in fact the previous 4 seasons he played straight through and in almost all the games. This year was just one of those things, and he will be fit and ready to go.

mmmm user name Striker...... joined in jan 2016..... Hello Charlie :p

I reckon Jay, has been allowed ample to to recover and not rushed back, because the club believe he will get back to his old form, and Austin was always bought for the coming Season, so know no to rush him back for an end of season run, they have a good partnership before. get ya prayer beads out!!

IF thay can stay fit, we will be smashing them in :)...........IF!!

well :rolleyes:......we live in hope.

Austin is not that much of worry for me, people are making out like he's Sturridge or Wilshere levels of injury but before last season he'd had seasons of 36, 37, 40 and 46 games.

Jay Rod I'm not so sure on, I have this worry, especially looking at him last year that they've bulked him up on muscle mass to prevent injury and he's lost a bit of his pace and agility for it.

But we'll see, a full pre-season could do wonders for him.

Austin is not that much of worry for me, people are making out like he's Sturridge or Wilshere levels of injury but before last season he'd had seasons of 36, 37, 40 and 46 games.

Jay Rod I'm not so sure on, I have this worry, especially looking at him last year that they've bulked him up on muscle mass to prevent injury and he's lost a bit of his pace and agility for it.

I think that's the problem - wont last a full pre-season!!

I think Jay is excellent, but I'm with a few others who have a nagging fear. The bloke has spent 2 years, pretty much, injured. He's coming on 27 now I think, so right into the prime of his career. He had a full pre-season last year, lots of goals in the games and played a part on the EL games....but then got injured around September and we didn't really see him again.

I want nothing more than to see him back on the pitch rampaging down the left and cutting in as he did so well.

I think Jay is excellent, but I'm with a few others who have a nagging fear. The bloke has spent 2 years, pretty much, injured. He's coming on 27 now I think, so right into the prime of his career. He had a full pre-season last year, lots of goals in the games and played a part on the EL games....but then got injured around September and we didn't really see him again.

I want nothing more than to see him back on the pitch rampaging down the left and cutting in as he did so well.

Did he re-injure himself at the end of last season or not? I recall him not making the bench. I really hope he gets back to playing as (like you say) I have a slight fear about him.

When a knee injury drags on, I start to think about Killer's knee. Hopefully we're wrong and he's back to form in pre-season.