'Blame it on Koeman'

Charlielaw

Wasn't it all said about Koeman when he cleared out his desk? Someone who fans thought was honest and reliable did a U-turn but for an understandable reason - lots of money. His comments about not wanting a 'fight' with Southampton over players suggest he is well aware that people here felt cheated but that doesn't mean no one wanted him to go. OK, so he turned out to be a hypocrite lacking integrity but that doesn't make him a bad manager. Dishonesty in football management seems fairly common but a few Saints' fans weren't as committed to Koeman as it might have appeared. Could be why some people have no interest in apportioning 'blame'. Words like 'water' and 'bridge' come to mind.

Surely its time to put the fear of god in him by resurrecting that terrace classic "look like a wotsit". I'm yet to see anyone subject to that level of vitriol recover. The chant was credited with our rise up the league as ginger players would go to pieces at he abuse which cascaded down from the Northam stand. Telling Koeman he looks like a wotsit will surely have a similar effect and ensure not just a league double for saints but having him question his very existence on the planet.

Wasn't it all said about Koeman when he cleared out his desk? Someone who fans thought was honest and reliable did a U-turn but for an understandable reason - lots of money. His comments about not wanting a 'fight' with Southampton over players suggest he is well aware that people here felt cheated but that doesn't mean no one wanted him to go. OK, so he turned out to be a hypocrite lacking integrity but that doesn't make him a bad manager.

Dishonesty in football management seems fairly common but a few Saints' fans weren't as committed to Koeman as it might have appeared.

Could be why some people have no interest in apportioning 'blame'. Words like 'water' and 'bridge' come to mind.

Our fantastic run-in at the end of last season must have been embarrassing for RK - (knowing he was on his way to Everton). Few people expected us to finish so high.

Had it been Saints who finished 8th ....he might have got some sympathy....(I did my best ...this team can't improve)...then his departure might have seemed more acceptable (to some), but to have to give a final press conference....and smile....when we we're on the verge of a Europa League place must have taken a lot of gall.

One can only think that if he doesn't better Everton's dismal 11th place finish.....he might recall the comment that " money doesn't always buy success "

Thanks for the 2 years Ronald..... but don't expect too many good luck wishes.

Our fantastic run-in at the end of last season must have been embarrassing for RK - (knowing he was on his way to Everton). Few people expected us to finish so high.

Had it been Saints who finished 8th ....he might have got some sympathy....(I did my best ...this team can't improve)...then his departure might have seemed more acceptable (to some), but to have to give a final press conference....and smile....when we we're on the verge of a Europa League place must have taken a lot of gall.

One can only think that if he doesn't better Everton's dismal 11th place finish.....he might recall the comment that " money doesn't always buy success "

Thanks for the 2 years Ronald..... but don't expect too many good luck wishes.

Not sure why you think he knew he was going to Everton before the end of the season... when did he sack his agent? Because until then he didn't even know he had an offer from them.

Surely its time to put the fear of god in him by resurrecting that terrace classic "look like a wotsit". I'm yet to see anyone subject to that level of vitriol recover. The chant was credited with our rise up the league as ginger players would go to pieces at he abuse which cascaded down from the Northam stand. Telling Koeman he looks like a wotsit will surely have a similar effect and ensure not just a league double for saints but having him question his very existence on the planet.

Ruined Adam Bogdan's promising career, one day Bolton Prem keeper, the next third rate Liverpool back up.

Not sure why you think he knew he was going to Everton before the end of the season... when did he sack his agent?

Because until then he didn't even know he had an offer from them.

Mmm.?....

...thought I read that he was ready to sign an extension, but changed his agent in...February (?).. and after Martinez got the push, his new agent began talks with Everton.

Sorry..tbh ....I've forgotten the precise source, but it has been fixed in my head for sometime past....which is why I wrote about the embarrassment of Saints' good finish.