Who Replaces Wanyama?

Andy Durman

Grzegorz Krychowiak all day long

Unrealistic I know,but if West Ham can offer £40m for Lacazette & Leicester £25m for Deeney, a £25-£30m bid for a class player like that is not beyond the realms of possibility

Grzegorz Krychowiak all day long

Unrealistic I know,but if West Ham can offer £40m for Lacazette & Leicester £25m for Deeney, a £25-£30m bid for a class player like that is not beyond the realms of possibility

He's off to PSG apparently.

If we are committed to youth then we already have Victors replacement.

Reductio ad absurdum ....

Yes we are committed to developing young players but that does not mean an entire team coming through the academy. We all know a replacement for Victor will likely have to be found outside the club.

Much depends on what the club think and expect from Clasie and Reed if a replacement is bought.

They will partner Romeu.

Is there any other young midfielders knocking on the first team door?

Judging by Andy's previous posts I think he sees JWP as the hope of the side in the wake of Vic's move. We surely have to replace Vic with a quality DM.

Reed/JWP/Davis/Clasie are a no go because they're too small.

Romeu could do a job short term but not sure he is the answer.

Sure we have a few lined up, shame about Krychowiak as he'd be perfect, but think we all knew he'd be too ambitious for us.

Idrissa Gueye, Ignacio Camacho, Christoph Kramer, Axel Witsel?

We don't have anyone to replace VW, not like for like anyway. I expect what will happen in Mane will be sold and then a new manager appointed. He will be given the sale money from both to then go and improve the squad. Lose 2 and replace with 4 i imagine.

We seem to go along the lines of having a stronger squad but no superstar players. We turn them into £20M+ players and then sell. Then the process is repeated.

I expect us to pick up a few 18yrs and under players this summer to improve our youth set up with the aim of bringing them through in a year or two.

If the rumours are true about Morgan being told he has no future at Man U I think the club should pull out all the stops to get him back here. Weather Morgan would come back is open to debate but the club should at least give it a go.

Edited by doddisalegend

If the rumours are true about Morgan being told he has no future at Man U I think the club should pull out all the stops to get him back here. Weather Morgan would come back is open to debate but the club should at least give it a go.

Where are these rumours? Regardless, I endorse this move :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Where are these rumours? Regardless, I endorse this move :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Morgan Schneiderlin is surplus to requirements at Manchester United and is set to be reunited with his former boss Ronald Koeman at Everton - reports The Sun. Jose Mourinho is in the middle of a clear-out since taking over at Old Trafford and believes that the former Southampton midfielder does not fit with his plans for next season. Schneiderlin - who cost £25m a year ago - would be available for a reduced fee, and Koeman is desperate to team up with the Frenchman again at Goodison Park.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2016-2017/paper-round-jose-mourinho-to-sell-25m-manchester-united-midfielder-man-city-want-andros-townsend_sto5656825/story.shtml

link? I'd be interested to read those reports Cheers

The deal is not yet done but he now heads a small shortlist, with Southampton impressed by his track-record and ideas, specifically a willingness to promote young players, working on a limited financial budget, pressing attacking football and experience of European football.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/23/southampton-claude-puel-emerges-as-front-runner-to-succeed-ronal/

The deal is not yet done but he now heads a small shortlist, with Southampton impressed by his track-record and ideas, specifically a willingness to promote young players, working on a limited financial budget, pressing attacking football and experience of European football.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/06/23/southampton-claude-puel-emerges-as-front-runner-to-succeed-ronal/

Doesn't mean he will have a limited budget here? Might be compared to the bigger clubs but compared to nice?

Cheers.

Morgan Schneiderlin is surplus to requirements at Manchester United and is set to be reunited with his former boss Ronald Koeman at Everton - reports The Sun. Jose Mourinho is in the middle of a clear-out since taking over at Old Trafford and believes that the former Southampton midfielder does not fit with his plans for next season. Schneiderlin - who cost £25m a year ago - would be available for a reduced fee, and Koeman is desperate to team up with the Frenchman again at Goodison Park.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/premier-league/2016-2017/paper-round-jose-mourinho-to-sell-25m-manchester-united-midfielder-man-city-want-andros-townsend_sto5656825/story.shtml

Thanks.

Looks at though he's had his turned by a big club though :p

Doesn't mean he will have a limited budget here? Might be compared to the bigger clubs but compared to nice?

Could be but you also need to consider that reports also suggested that Garcia wasn't impressed with the budget on offer.

Done his ACL or broken his leg hasn't he? Was a pretty nasty injury, but I can't quite remember exactly what it was.

That was Ryan Seager, who was on loan at Crewe.

All for playing young players but current crop are different proposition to Shaw and that crop. Anyone that says we won't need to buy to replace Victor needs certifying (or thought Lowe and Wilde's experiment would end well) and seem to remember the club saying they were seeking a replacement thankfully.

Hope the mention on the Telegraph small transfer budget isn't true though, especially with the new TV deal. Would expect to see a decent budget but not OTT or anything that puts the club at risk. Some of the messaging out of the club via the press and the low-name new manager are a concern though.

It is justified.

Harry Reed made the squad 7 times, with one 10 min sub in at Norwich. Or Ryan Seager - last season on the bench twice a step back from the season before where he was on the bench twice and a third match he managed 1 minute. And that's about it. Not even a pretence or giving them a feel of the first team.

Ozan Tufan in our sights apparently...

Sunderland, Manchester United, Everton and Southampton are all chasing Turkey international Ozan Tufan, 21. The Fenerbahce midfielder scored in his nation's 2-0 win over the Czech Republic in the Euros.

If Morgan is surplus then I'd pay £20 million to get him back, if the only other interested suitors are Everton we'd surely be able to attract him back here over them.

Others maybe William Carvalho, might be out of league but worth a go and his other Portugal team mate Danilo.

The point I'm trying to make is that Koeman is criticised for not playing the youth, but some of our senior players have very big shoes to fill and I don't see the youth quality. JWP and Targett perhaps being the exception.

Agreed. In previous seasons, Academy players coming into the first team was more of a necessity. Lallana earned his spurs over a period of several seasons.

Luke Shaw's choice ahead of Fox was a no-brainer. Chambers took his chance when Clyne was out injured and Sam Gallagher was in when we had a injury crisis up top.

For much of last season, almost all of the first team, and most of the bench had international experience at some level....whilst both of the youth sides had devastating injury crisis which took time to resolve, and although we saw a few new prospects, I didn't think any of them was anywhere near replacing a first team regular.

We should do all we can to bring Morgan back if the price/wages are right. I Presume we have a sell on clause so we can offer ??% more than other clubs at the very least we should make Everton pay top price if they really want him.

We should do all we can to bring Morgan back if the price/wages are right. I Presume we have a sell on clause so we can offer ??% more than other clubs at the very least we should make Everton pay top price if they really want him.

Agree.

Him and Chamberlain should be out priority signings. People would have completely forgotten about Wanyama and Mane if we got those two back.

We haven't seen Gardos in action for over a year....on the road to recovery he must have learned something to better himself.

How might he do at CB (with Fonte) and play Virgil as DM?..... VvD's more mobile than Wanyama was, he can pass better ......and can also " put himself about ".

Gardos' problem is speed of thought with the ball, I don't think a year off is exactly going to sharpen his skills in that area.