Claude Puel Announced as New Manager - OFFICIAL

Jimmy_D

Let's think back to when Koeman was hired. We were favorites for relegation until rhe season got underway. I believe with Puel's appointment we are in a far better situation, so why all the pessimism and nastiness from certain folk on here.

The best thing about getting a new manager from another country is that he will know every player in France and hopefully can bring some gems with him that others perhaps are slightly unsure of.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Best of luck to him he isnt here for his interviews but god that was boring! didn't look the least bit excited to be here or interested in us but maybe that's a french thing?

Apparently he's actually quite an aggressive presence on the touchline (my driver in Cannes last week was a former Ligue 1 player, and said Puel was a 'take no sh*t' manager). In the interview he just comes across as a laid back guy whose lack of conversational urgency is heightened further by having to think in his second language.

Apparently he's actually quite an aggressive presence on the touchline (my driver in Cannes last week was a former Ligue 1 player, and said Puel was a 'take no sh*t' manager). In the interview he just comes across as a laid back guy whose lack of conversational urgency is heightened further by having to think in his second language.

Yeah, read a couple of pieces that say he's quite calm with the press and they never love him because he doesn't give them a line every time they turn up, but he's very outspoken behind the scenes and is very animated and vocal on the sidelines also.

The French writer from L'Equipé earlier said if he anyone isn't pulling their weight then they're going to fall out with Claude quickly.

Really? I thought he looked bang average when we switched to 3-5-2 even though he wasn't so exposed defensively anymore. IMO he only received praise because he provided a couple of assists, but for every cross he got right I can remember him fluffing one and drilling it straight into their RB.

Put it this way, if he wasn't an academy product then i'd be pretty ****ed off we spent money on him.

But that's just my opinion :)

I thought his crossing was gash in a back 4 but good when he played further forward.

And if by chance we do will you still be there in the Championship. I will, and so may you, but I'm not sure about some on here.

Had a ST in league 1 and championship would do again ( its cheaper for more games for a start) but I doubt saints will be back there anytime soon

It's Southampton not Soosamton!!!!!!!

Fookin'ell let's not beat him up over that, half of our supporters can't even pronounce it properly. I've had fans from Dorset and Wiltshire sitting around me before supporting a team called something like Sayfaamptin, Salamptun or Saamtin. If it helps it pronounced South-ampton.

Had a ST in league 1 and championship would do again ( its cheaper for more games for a start) but I doubt saints will be back there anytime soon

I agree. Shame others seem to think we are on the road back there with this appointment. I would rather watch Saints try and play good football and come unstuck occasionally than watch the sterile boredom of Koeman's mid-season.

Must say i'm slightly disappointed. I know every appointment is a bit of a gamble but this seems a higher gamble then need be for a club that just finished 6th. I hope he's not been given a quota of youth players he needs to bring through or told to play a certain 'Southampton Way'. Think we should have let Koeman see his contact out.

Well all good with the new manager who sounds ideal but not at all sure about Black.....

How is he a 'good fit' I wonder...

Villa were incredibly terrible last season and wasn't Black first team head coach or Assistant Manager.....?

For all of 4 months, by which time they were already doomed.

Interesting post on Reddit:

"Puel bought...

Aly Cissokho for 15 million

Kader Keita for 15 million

Mathieu Bodmer for 6.5 million*

Jean II Makoun for 15 million

Ederson for 15 million

All these players were average at best during their time at the club and were resold for barely a third of what we bought them."

Well all good with the new manager who sounds ideal but not at all sure about Black.....

How is he a 'good fit' I wonder...

Villa were incredibly terrible last season and wasn't Black first team head coach or Assistant Manager.....?

Look at the players Villa had Koeman or poch would have had trouble keeping that lot up..

"Puel bought...

Ederson for 15 million

All these players were average at best during their time at the club and were resold for barely a third of what we bought them."

Which club? Over how long a time period? Is this one summers spending?

Which club? Over how long a time period? Is this one summers spending?

Lyon - http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/olympique-lyon/alletransfers/verein/1041

He spent a **** load and it didn't do well. There was a bit on the radio I think with Alex Crook, who said that the "black box" signs a lot of the players (ie not the manager per se) and that Puel would prefer it that way (ie not having full responsibility).

He spent a **** load and it didn't do well. There was a bit on the radio I think with Alex Crook, who said that the "black box" signs a lot of the players (ie not the manager per se) and that Puel would prefer it that way (ie not having full responsibility).

Cheers. I was trying to get some context is fine throwing something like that out there but with out more detail it's hard to judge.

I've learned to trust our board a lot better in the last few years. It's almost as if they know football better than I do!

I have a feeling that this guy will do well for us and maybe actually stay for a while. I've read the tea leaves, so I'm ITK.

Well you can't argue with a direct quote of something a person didn't actually say.

"Puel bought...

Ederson for 15 million

Forren , Mayuka, Ramirez, Osvaldo and the long loan of Taider proves not everyone gets it right.

All those players Puel bought when I watched were decent players and can see why he bought them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Give it to Ron

I don't know the first thing about our new manager's assistant Pascal Plancque - but let's face it his name does amuse more than a little.

No doubt soon to be known as "Rodney" to all and sundry.

I thought it might be pronounced as in:

Asst manager apparently - still a vacancy for fitness coach? 4 have left only 3 in

I think the French / English speaking Jaidi will have a bigger role. He was with the u21 team all last season and knows the qualities of all the younger players.

The Nice fans are mostly taking the pis s out of him. The last post is "Good luck Claude. Do not return".

http://forum.ogcnissa.com/viewtopic.php?t=27023&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=270&sid=8a46d9b82a08816750cf6f9b398cc66f

Interesting translation ?