Who's next to go .......?

david in sweden

well..let's face it ....there's sure to be one or two more.

After all, Claude Puel must have his own list of " want-to-buys," and one suggested is a Mr. Sidibi, a former Puhl player at Lille - who is a full back.

As we have no " nailed-on RB " at present, does that mean that even Ryan Bertrand might be on the move, too.?

The Telegraph has printed a story suggesting Pelle is on his way. Either to Conte's Chelsea, or Koeman's Everton....or even a club in his homeland.

Either way it'll be more money in the kitty, and the possible arrival of a few more new faces......

No 'nailed-on-RB' = healthy competition between two viable options, surely? Soares stock has soared (!) during this competition.

Always going to be stories but we need to strengthen the Mane/Juanmi positions plus a big Vic back up more than the ones you mention I'd suggest.

Bertrand is left back. What are you on about? Guessing Pelle is the most likely still to leave.

There seems to be two camps for the RB spot.....Cedric is (supposedly) Clyne's successor, but RK preferred the unfavoured Martina at the end of the season? Neither is OK.

..taking a brief look at Sidibi's You Tube clip...he's primarily a left-sided player....if he does come.....that means we'll have 3 possible LB's......and now the Echo has quoted

Jordan Amavi (currently) Aston Villa! .........How many FB's do we need?.......

As Pelle hasn't signed / hasn't been offered an extension, it suggests we'll let him go .....at a price. This may be conjecture on my part, but time will tell.

Edited by david in sweden

No 'nailed-on-RB' = healthy competition between two viable options, surely? Soares stock has soared (!) during this competition.

Always going to be stories but we need to strengthen the Mane/Juanmi positions plus a big Vic back up more than the ones you mention I'd suggest.

Redmond may not be the " new Mane ", but he must meet the criteria for one of those spots......It'll be interesting to see who the "new Wanyama " turns out to be......

My view is that we'll get 1 or 2 new players in, but it will not be until later in the summer as Puel will want to assess the entire squad before being in a position to determine where to strengthen. In fact, we may not see any new faces if the deal is that he promotes completely from the youngsters.

I'd be surprised in Martina didn't go. 1 year left of a 2 year deal and was primarily signed due to his versatility playing LB, RB and CB to cover the as yet unsigned VVD and Bertrand's injury. We signed him for 1.2m and should get a little more than that after 'that' goal and some solid performances. Could see him going to the championship?

As I've said before I think Cedric could be great for us given a solid run of games and confidence from the manager, but I'd be happy spending 'big' on a new RB.

I think Redmond might surprise us. I can see him making quite an impact. He may not have quite the pace of Mane, but he seems a more intelligent footballer. He also appears to have better control of the ball and likes to shoot.

Certainly has the potential to be a really good replacement, although he will have to earn his place in the starting line up first...

I think Redmond might surprise us. I can see him making quite an impact. He may not have quite the pace of Mane, but he seems a more intelligent footballer. He also appears to have better control of the ball and likes to shoot.

Certainly has the potential to be a really good replacement, although he will have to earn his place in the starting line up first...

Redmond might turn out to be a good player, but how you can say he has better control of the ball and more footballing intelligence than Mane is over-the-top. I'd be very disappointed if he is the player replacing Mane.

At £10m I hope he doesn't surprise us. I hope we know what we're getting. It's not exactly a punt on an unknown.

Redmond might turn out to be a good player, but how you can say he has better control of the ball and more footballing intelligence than Mane is over-the-top. I'd be very disappointed if he is the player replacing Mane.

Well Mane was great for us. His strength was his pace to get beyond people to give himself room for a shot.

On his fairly frequent off days he would fail to get by the first tackle or if he did then he would either then scuff his shot or not make the sensible decision to pass to someone else in a better position. Again though I agree when he was on his game he was excellent.

From what I have seen of Redmond he is quick enough, but doesn't rely purely on his speed. He has a trick or two and likes to keep the ball closer to him than Mane. He is also decent from the edge of the box but also plays with his head up looking for a killer pass.

He has the potential but Liverpool wanted to pay for Mane as he is lower "risk" I guess but Redmond could well develop into a fine player over the next two years. He has the tools.

We said we needed a winger before Mane went. I assume that was Redmond, which is fair enough.

Now we need another winger/no10/striker like Mane to compete with Tadic, Redmond, Long and dare I even say Rodriguez.

If we consider than Redmond is Mane's replacement (he might need half-a-season to get up to speed), but I think there's enough competition in that spot already.

There are a few unhappy players on the bench as it is....don't think we need any more, especially if Puel is looking to bring in someone from the U21's. (Seager /McQueen?)

The three players I expected to go this summer have either gone or going I don't think there will be any more through the exit door. As for no nailed on right back IMO Cedric has shown that he is more than capable to hold down that slot with his performances in the Euros. I forgot Juanmi that makes four mind you he was easy to forget.

Edited by Toomer

We're going to sell at least another three. We've not signed a player for two weeks now. Quite clearly, Les Reed is clueless and is going to gamble on Reed and Gallagher this season. There may be several weeks of the transfer window left, but it will only be for selling Tadic, Pelle and Bertrand. If we were going to sign anyone, we would have done it by now. I envy Middlesbrough, they're making signings and showing intent in the transfer market, whilst we're being bullied by Liverpool into selling Mane for a measly £35 million. #meltdown

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

We're going to sell at least another three. We've not signed a player for two weeks now. Quite clearly, Les Reed is clueless and is going to gamble on Reed and Gallagher this season. There may be several weeks of the transfer window left, but it will only be for selling Tadic, Pelle and Bertrand. If we were going to sign anyone, we would have done it by now. I envy Middlesbrough, they're making signings and showing intent in the transfer market, whilst we're being bullied by Liverpool into selling Mane for a measly £35 million. #meltdown

1.2/10

We're going to sell at least another three. We've not signed a player for two weeks now. Quite clearly, Les Reed is clueless and is going to gamble on Reed and Gallagher this season. There may be several weeks of the transfer window left, but it will only be for selling Tadic, Pelle and Bertrand.

If we were going to sign anyone, we would have done it by now. I envy Middlesbrough, they're making signings and showing intent in the transfer market, whilst we're being bullied by Liverpool into selling Mane for a measly £35 million. #meltdown

Don't panic, and get yourself labelled as " a July bed wetter" Tony....historically most of our signings have been in the last week or 10 days before a season start.

I'm sure that Puel also has one or two of his former players in mind, and we won't know who they are until he signs them.

It was either KBilly or Guan who said five were likely to go. Pelle, Mane, Wanyama, Juanmi and Tadic. 4 out 5 gone. My money would be on Tadic next, hope not though.

Wasn't Tadic only wanting to leave due a dispute with RK though ?

• 2 weeks later...
It was either KBilly or Guan who said five were likely to go. Pelle, Mane, Wanyama, Juanmi and Tadic. 4 out 5 gone.

My money would be on Tadic next, hope not though.

......you could be right at that.

Tadic and Martina both in the news now....with Tadic replacing the " soon-to-be transferred " Sane .....and Martina possibly joining Ron and Erwin at Everton.

Claude Puel will surely want one or two of his own choice.... and the above-mentioned are now relics of the " Koeman Administration ".

It was either KBilly or Guan who said five were likely to go. Pelle, Mane, Wanyama, Juanmi and Tadic. 4 out 5 gone. My money would be on Tadic next, hope not though.

Interesting to see the "Tadic doesn't fit the formation" stuff doing the rounds at the moment, but he's been too heavily featured in the OS training pics to be going anywhere IMO.

......you could be right at that.

Tadic and Martina both in the news now....with Tadic replacing the " soon-to-be transferred " Sane .....and Martina possibly joining Ron and Erwin at Everton.

Claude Puel will surely want one or two of his own choice.... and the above-mentioned are now relics of the " Koeman Administration ".

that is a false rumour

that is a false rumour

I'd find it vaguely hilarious if Koeman's first two "name" signings for Everton were Saints' back up keeper and back up right back - though it makes a lot of sense for us to sell Martina (or offer him a new contract on slightly improved money).

OK thanks...... I'll take that as Gospel then......or :rolleyes:

Nick Illingsworth on the uglies posted that he made up the rumour to see how the system works (or something like that) and it appeared in various footy blogs etc