Katharina Liebherr here for a good while yet

Fitzhugh Fella

Our new book, "The Matches of the New Millennium" - The Saints' 100 Most memorable Matches 2001-16 goes to the printers today with a launch date of11th of August, the 15th anniversary of the first game at St Marys.

We are really pleased that Katharina Liebherr has contributed a personal foreword in which she talks very passionately about the club.

From what she says, and its all her own words, she is as keen as ever to see the legacy of her father continue for a good while yet.

Another fantastic contributor has been Rickie Lambert who has given so much of his time talking about individual matches we selected. An absolute gent to work with so David Bull, the co-editor tells me.

Our new book, "The Matches of the New Millennium" - The Saints' 100 Most memorable Matches 2001-16 goes to the printers today with a launch date of11th of August, the 15th anniversary of the first game at St Marys.

We are really pleased that Katharina Liebherr has contributed a personal foreword in which she talks very passionately about the club.

From what she says, and its all her own words, she is as keen as ever to see the legacy of her father continue for a good while yet.

Another fantastic contributor has been Rickie Lambert who has given so much of his time talking about individual matches we selected. An absolute gent to work with so David Bull, the co-editor tells me.

Thanks for the info, Duncan. Good to know.

Definitely buying this, was going to already but great news that KL very focused on the future, the Liebherrs have been just marvellous for SFC and the city as a whole. Hoping I can order it online from the club if it sells out in the megastore not living locally.

Duncan

You and your fellow contributors do a great job, so my personal thanks to you all for this.

I shall buy the book to add to my growing collection.

Meantime good news about Kat Liebherr

I guess the club must be worth over £200m if she decided to sell, set against the £25m or so she and her father have invested

So quite a capital gain, on paper.

Fair play to her that she doesn't seem to want to realise her capital asset at the moment.

I must say this is a great relief - having heard you say on here that you "have had it with modern football" I for one was deeply concerned that you wouldn't use said modern football as a vehicle for a new book. Phew!

Not sure you have to prefer something to write about it? Much happier writing about footballs golden age but contemporary football I should be banned from reporting according to your logic? Tell you what send me your address and I will send you a book and then you can have another think? Perhaps.

Not sure you have to prefer something to write about it? Much happier writing about footballs golden age but contemporary football I should be banned from reporting according to your logic? Tell you what send me your address and I will send you a book and then you can have another think? Perhaps.

Thing is though is that for many the Sky era is football's golden age. All relative I guess, nostalgia tends to skew our judgement sometimes of what things were really like.

Well done Duncan to you and David.

Look forward to seeing first copy.

The history of Southampton Football Club with Gary Chalk and others owe so much to your hard work & research.

You are a credit to the history of Southampton Football Club.

Duncan

You and your fellow contributors do a great job, so my personal thanks to you all for this.

I shall buy the book to add to my growing collection.

Meantime good news about Kat Liebherr

I guess the club must be worth over £200m if she decided to sell, set against the £25m or so she and her father have invested

So quite a capital gain, on paper.

Fair play to her that she doesn't seem to want to realise her capital asset at the moment.

Finding buyers might be a problem though....

I have spent all afternoon trying to think of something witty to put you in your place but alas I have failed. But thanks for your interest anyway.

On a serious note Duncan I've bought all your books and they're all excellent.

It is somewhat optimistic to conclude that KL will be around for "some time yet" based on a few obligatory kind words to preface your new book. Did you actually meet her and ask the question or was it all arranged though phone-calls and PM's? A company boss who really has a heart or a heartless politician? We'll see when the inevitable turn of our fortunes descends upon us and will fans be so keen and loyal to the owners when put to the same test? Everyone is your friend when you smile!

I am less cynical about the Lambert contribution, surely your next book should be about his story at Saints, almost a biography if you will and I will buy the first 10 copies. The rise and rise of our club like the Phoenix from the flames would be nicely encapsulated by the story of Davis, Fonte & Lambert, three of the nicest guys ever to wear a Saints shirt. If we can find a non-job for Kelvin just to stand around, smile and lark around a bit, then surely we can find a role for Ricky - like explaining to our strikers and attacking mid-fielders the relationship between the ball and the back of the net and the desirability of bringing the two together more than once in a blue moon?

• 2 weeks later...