On what date will we make another signing?!

SaintJackoInHurworth

OK... there are a lot of people getting impatient for our next signing, SO how about a sweepstake to see who can predict correctly which date or dates will see the announcement of further new signings.

So let's see who can make an accurate prediction. Of course there need to be a few rules:

1. Only one prediction per user.

2. Second predictions made by anyone are null and void and can be claimed by anyone else.

3. If someone submits a prediction that they then discover has already been claimed then they may submit another instead.

4. Your first prediction is binding in every other case - you may not change your mind and select a different prediction.

5. Each prediction must correspond to one singular day on the calendar and not to a range of dates. Otherwise the prediction is null and void.

6. Only new signings count - not players signing extended contracts.

7. However, should Saints sign a former Saints player who has left and signed for another club (other than on loan) then that signing WILL constitute a new signing.

8. Dates chosen may be in the current transfer window or a future one.

Incidentally, I am only a registered member of this forum so if admins would like to edit the thread to show dates which have been claimed please feel free. Thanks!

Dates

21 July

22 July

1 August

2 August

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
I accidentally posted this earlier without ever selecting my own prediction. I was going to go for 2 August but as that has already been taken and so hsve the following couple of days, I will go for 1 August instead! ☺

Didn't this guy win?

I'm going for a tactical 3rd August. A relatively big name offensive (positionally speaking, I'm not talking about indecent exposure) player to boost attendance for the Athletic game on the following Sunday.

I live in Fiji, we're a couple of days ahead.

I accidentally posted this earlier without ever selecting my own prediction. I was going to go for 2 August but as that has already been taken and so hsve the following couple of days, I will go for 1 August instead! ☺

And the winner is... er... me! Well, how did that happen?! I've been intending to provide an update of where we were up to with this but I've failed to make the time; yet now it seems less necessary following the announcements of not just one but two signings!

Nevertheless, I hope these will not be the last two signings we make. Hopefully we will soon also be announcing the signings of a couple of attacking players. So, let's keep going with this topic and see what happens...! :)

I'll take August 1.

Good guess... though sadly you were beaten to it... embarassingly enough by me! As a youth worker it is not usually the done thing for me to win my own games, but this is a bit different and in my defence I had originally intended to go for August 2nd but someone beat me to it!

Anyway, I shall enjoy my prize...! :)