JRod Transfer Rumours

ART

In my opinion he showed enough in the few minutes he was on to suggest that he can rediscover his ability. OK, there was not enough time to really assess him, but he was getting into good positions and showing appetite for the ball. It was just a shame that his teammates did not pass the ball to him when he got into some of those good positions. More significantly on one attack he showed real persistence in the box and almost created an opening. Admittedly just before that he showed a little fear of a crunching tackle coming in, but nevertheless, he did hold his ground and came out of the situation fine. The more he can have experience like that the more confidence he will gain that his injury worries may be behind him.

Diffiicult to assess his capabilities now as his previous success was over 2 years ago. He looked good then - in a team that was playing well.

If Puel continues to play two fast, lightweight strikers (Redmond and Long) then JayRod gets no place as a traditional style front man.

He needs some more games in PL2 to help him find form, but it's no idea to let him go, unless we have a proven replacement " hidden away in the Black Box".

He's definitely lost an awful lot of his quality, but letting him go would confirm what we all know that the board have completely given up. We need MORE players not fewer. Can't see it happening, this would be too obvious and Reed/Liebherr are far more subtle with their destruction plan.

Edited by niceandfriendly

He's definitely lost an awful lot of his quality, but letting him go would confirm what we all know that the board have completely given up. We need MORE players not fewer. Can't see it happening, this would be too obvious and Reed/Liebherr are far more subtle with their destruction plan.

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] "destruction plan". Brilliant

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

The Sun are reporting Hull are wanting to take Jay Rodriguez on a season loan loan

With about 13 professionals available I'm sure they will want to take anyone who's played over 50 Premier League games and looked decent at any point.

His dad responded to some questions on twitter about this rumour a couple of days ago and was sort of saying "I'm not saying anything, BUT wait and see" with lots of winks, etc. Sounds to me like there is something in this one and it could well go ahead. I don't think it changes much for us tbh.

His dad responded to some questions on twitter about this rumour a couple of days ago and was sort of saying "I'm not saying anything, BUT wait and see" with lots of winks, etc. Sounds to me like there is something in this one and it could well go ahead. I don't think it changes much for us tbh.

Apart from leaving us with 3 strikers.

He's been out of the starting line-up for so long now that you've got to wonder if he's ever likely to regain his previous form. I'm certain that he and the club have done everything possible to return him to fitness, but he's not a regular starter and I can't help but think that he may not be. I was absolutely gutted when he got injured at the etihad when he was practically nailed on for a place in the world cup squad, nobody would have deserved it more imho. But those type of injuries are very hard to come back from, and the time it takes must have a serious effect on the player as well.

It makes sense him going out on loan if it gives him regular playing time. He's certainly not going to get that remaining at the club under the current formation.

I'm certain Puel will be bringing in strikers from France or Europe that he feels will enhance the diamond formation. That means little likelihood of playing time for JRod and Austin either.

One player I do forsee getting a look in is Jake Hewlett. I believe Puel has him lined up for fast tracking into the first team.

Until he gets his form back or until we get another striker in ( should Puel really not fancy him), we should be using him to replace one of Redmon Long or Austin with 15-20 to go, I think Jay Rod will recover some of his old form and be good enough to start again and score goals and I would be gutted if he left, if in Jan he still does not look like he will be 90% of the player he was then maybe sell or loan him.

I think it makes a lot of sense for JRod to go out on loan but it's a shame as I thought he was going to be a very good player until his injury. He may still get back to a good level but won't sitting on our bench. I'm sure we will replace with some quality if we do let him go.

I think the next youngster that will come through is Olefema ( or however you spell it!) rather than Hesketh.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If we loan him out and then sell Fonte I am seeking a ST refund - seriously, why lose anyone when we have a Europa League campaign? Would be utter foolishness - and don't say we can buy in more/better, as they wouldn't gel until Xmas when it would be all far too late.

If we loan him out and then sell Fonte I am seeking a ST refund - seriously, why lose anyone when we have a Europa League campaign? Would be utter foolishness - and don't say we can buy in more/better, as they wouldn't gel until Xmas when it would be all far too late.

In other words if all tabloid rumours about any of our players leaving come true but we don't sign anyone else.

So far our net loss is one player on last years squad and I fully expect us to sign someone else before the window closes.

In other words if all tabloid rumours about any of our players leaving come true but we don't sign anyone else.

So far our net loss is one player on last years squad and I fully expect us to sign someone else before the window closes.

We are two players down. Players named in our squad for the 2nd part of 2015/16 season no longer with us:

Kelvin Davis

Stekelenberg

Wanyama

Juanmi

Mane

Pelle

Additionally, we also had Ramirez on our books last season.

Important to the JRod going on loan debate is that 3 of the above (4 if you include Ramirez) are attacking midfielders or forwards. Only one of our incomings (Redmond) is an attacking player. That leaves us 2 (or 3) attacking players down already (which would still give us a deficit if you are correct and we bring one more in).

Having said that, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing for JRod to have some loan time - PROVIDING we bring in at least 2 attackers, at least one of which should be a striker (say, Berahino or Ings). Given that JRod has been linked with 2 teams now, Hull and WBA, it looks as if him being loaned out is a possibility. Personally, I would rather it was to a Championship team and only for 3 months. However, I think only season long loans are allowed this year? (Hope I'm wrong.)

Stek was only ever a loan to cover Forster's injury. Ramirez played about 3 games for us last year, you can't count him as a player lost. Likewise, Juanmi contributed sweet FA.

In McCarthy and Redmon we have basically replaced 4 of the players you've listed.

Hoj replaces Wanyama.

Austin replaces Pelle

Basically were left needing a replacement for Mané with Pied as extra cover.

Even in your ridiculously optimistic version of events, we're left ONLY needing to replace our best attacker with a week of the window remaining. That's a big ask, and still leaves us basically standing still quality wise in a league that's improving elsewhere.

That's before we dwell on the fact no one has really replaced wanyama, Austin hasn't offered anything yet, our formation is making us weaker and our captain might not want to be here.

Still, it's all amazing.

How is it ridiculously optimistic?

Why can't people see that Hoj is our replacement for Wanyama? Just because he can pass better and his second touch isn't a tackle half the time. Perhaps if he was black and got sent off for 2 stupid yellows at Old Trafford some people would be more convinced, I don't know but he is what we've got and I for one am pretty happy with that particular swap.

Austin scored something like 18 goals for QPR at this level, more than Pelle ever managed, so it's reasonable to assume we might get something decent from him.

Puel and his tactics don't have me convinced either but our playing squad isn't that far off. We do need to replace Mané and I would hope for someone a fair bit better than Redmond. Apart from that I'd say the squad looks alright.

JRod going on loan to WBA provides the opportunity of him linking up with Ricky Lambert. This is something that may help JRod rediscover his old form easier.

Any such move would definitely indicate Berahino in line for a move to Saints.

JRod going on loan to WBA provides the opportunity of him linking up with Ricky Lambert. This is something that may help JRod rediscover his old form easier.

Any such move would definitely indicate Berahino in line for a move to Saints.

Lambert is done at this level, so he won't be linking up with him at all. He barely gets on the pitch for them now.

How is it ridiculously optimistic?

Why can't people see that Hoj is our replacement for Wanyama? Just because he can pass better and his second touch isn't a tackle half the time. Perhaps if he was black and got sent off for 2 stupid yellows at Old Trafford some people would be more convinced, I don't know but he is what we've got and I for one am pretty happy with that particular swap.

Austin scored something like 18 goals for QPR at this level, more than Pelle ever managed, so it's reasonable to assume we might get something decent from him.

Puel and his tactics don't have me convinced either but our playing squad isn't that far off. We do need to replace Mané and I would hope for someone a fair bit better than Redmond. Apart from that I'd say the squad looks alright.

Spot on.

Except Hoj will be collecting yellows, hopefully not as stupid as some of Victor's. Hoj is definitely the more accomplished footballer, great buy from what I've seen so far.

It's hard to see where Austin fits into the formation we've seen so far. I'm hoping that we're seeing the new formation to bed it in alongside the 4-2-3-1 that has Charlie's name all over it.