EFL Third Round - Crystal Palace (H)

Picard

Play our strongest side to win this and qualify for the EL or play some reserves? I think they'll be a fair few reserves selected a) because of EL demands and b) to encourage the youngsters.

This is a season where it is perfectly acceptable to bin the League Cup off to the youngsters. Something has got to give and we need to give the EL a real go.

This is a season where it is perfectly acceptable to bin the League Cup off to the youngsters. Something has got to give and we need to give the EL a real go.

Personally it has to be a mixture. Hesketh, reed, Stephens etc alongside some first team players.

Throwing youngsters to the wolves like Harry did would be criminal imo.

Ooooo that's really got me searching for an excuse to get home early from work for!!

Still them doing us in the Cup last January was the game to light the blue touch paper for a not too shabby remainder of the season. I would take that bit of lightening striking twice especially in September.