Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

It say either for Tadic or for Redmond I'd reckon. Looks a clever enough player to play anywhere in the forward line to me.

Interesting to see Sky and BBC both seem to keep changing their minds on our line up, sometimes they think it's a diamond sometimes they think it's 4-3-3, hopefully we are confusing the opposition as well.

It say either for Tadic or for Redmond I'd reckon. Looks a clever enough player to play anywhere in the forward line to me.

Interesting to see Sky and BBC both seem to keep changing their minds on our line up, sometimes they think it's a diamond sometimes they think it's 4-3-3, hopefully we are confusing the opposition as well.

I noticed that too. It's quite a fluid system, so it varies.

That won't happen. We will only ever start 3 from Boufal, Austin, Long, Redmond, Tadic and Rodriguez.[/QUOTE]

of course, but just think what the bench will look like. :D

Claude could give them all 45-60 minutes a game ....and then maintain their high level of stamina throughout the whole season.

Looking at his " Euro record " in France, he knows that big titles are won and lost in the last month of the season. Liverpool and Spurs would testify to that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Two good games from Boufal at Arsenal and especially Palace where he was our best player. If we get him on the ball in dangerous areas then he will be a huge asset. Just has that ability to wriggle past players when he looks like he shouldn't be able to.

Was a bit suprised when he was subbed yesterday as was the only player who looked likely to create anything.

Two good games from Boufal at Arsenal and especially Palace where he was our best player. If we get him on the ball in dangerous areas then he will be a huge asset. Just has that ability to wriggle past players when he looks like he shouldn't be able to.

Was a bit suprised when he was subbed yesterday as was the only player who looked likely to create anything.

Good performance yesterday. Surprising he was subbed.

He's going to become something special for us I think.

• 4 weeks later...
No.10 in a 4-2-3-1 system is his best position IMO.

Would be a very attacking 10 if played with two wide players also. Not the type to drop in and make up a solid 3 in the middle when under a bit of pressure in the way an Alli or Barkley type can.

Are we good enough to be that expansive?

Well for sure no point in him hugging the touchline as he did on Wednesday, then going around in circles. Number 10 or nowhere from what I have seen, can't really tackle, too lightweight. Which makes it either him or Tadic in the team.

Don't think he is too lightweight as I have seen him get stuck into tackles and track back to tackle on the edge of our box quite a lot, in fact I would say he is probably one of our more effective forwards for tackling/tracking.

Some explain to me how this is a suprise....

His season with us is over. Due to his EPL status, he will play every minute and will come back with a fresh injury or a relapse of his old injury.

Predicting the future again alps, Good as you are always wrong

Why are you so gloomy all the time?

His season with us is over. Due to his EPL status, he will play every minute and will come back with a fresh injury or a relapse of his old injury.

Or you can look at it as he hadn't played since May when he picked up his knee injury and then missed the first 2 months of our season getting back to fitness as he had his knee op in Jul. Therefore he is probably a couple of months behind where he was in Lille in terms of form and fitness and by going to the Afcon he will play more in warm weather (so less prone to injury than doing so in the cold here) and get more games under his belt and come back ready for some full 90 mins.

We are a team that isnt reliant on 1 player, his absence provides other opportunities within the squad (Bertand > Targett > Mcqueen etc) and also given the recent form and results of Morrocco unless him and Hakim "me and supersaint's god" ziyech decide they want to make a statement they will probably be out of the comp after the group matches.

I am for one defo watching morrocco's games in this.

giphy.gif

You worry too much my love. He may well have a great tournament and come back in fine fettle and great form.

Feel sorry for him at times. He's a magician on the ball but he's at the wrong club in terms of having the personel around him on his wave length.

Me too, though part of me thinks that the great players make the players about them better.... We'll see I guess

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

He bottles tackles, but has twinkle toes like no player I've seen at SMS. He just needs others around him to be better as he simply does not have a choice but to try and take on that third opponent. Get him in the middle and on the ball. He is our only attacking threat at the moment.

• 1 year later...

Dismal signing, all considered.

Loads of ability but not suited to the PL, lacks a burst of pace or the desire to get away from someone and just far too inconsistent.

Massive disappointment and terrible Mane replacement.

He bottles tackles, but has twinkle toes like no player I've seen at SMS. He just needs others around him to be better as he simply does not have a choice but to try and take on that third opponent. Get him in the middle and on the ball. He is our only attacking threat at the moment.

Agree - He's been inconsistent, at best, but is clearly one of our most talented players.

IMO, he has to start the remaining games to give us a chance - He's not the best at getting stuck in, but to his credit he works hard for a 'flair player'

Dismal signing, all considered.

Loads of ability but not suited to the PL, lacks a burst of pace or the desire to get away from someone and just far too inconsistent.

Massive disappointment and terrible Mane replacement.

Worse than Ramirez, would you say?