You Have A 20 - 25 Minute Window For Flights Tomorrow

Gemmel

This is sort of a duplicate to a couple of posts on another thread, but thought it might help some fans out.

Whilst my Saints experience is limited to two European draws, the same applies for England and many other sporting / increased volume events. With my LIMITED knowledge, it seems historically that the flights seem to go up incredibly quickly around 20 - 30 mins after the draw is made.

No idea if that is manual intervention or algorithms built into the carriers software, but some of the examples last year were showing a £200 difference.

In the Euros, my son gambled on a £20 flight, based on us finishing second way ahead of time, which once the venue was confirmed was well over £250.

Probably common sense to most, but if you are sat by the draw and intending to go, will definitely be worth booking a flight ASAP.

Edited by Gemmel

The club are offering travel packages for the away games too, which is worth mentioning.

Can more or less guarantee they'll be very expensive compared to booking the trip yourself within an hour of the fixtures being released, perhaps with the exception of the real long-distance trips to Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan.

They may go up but they come back down pretty quickly. The best time to book is after the first wave. As long as you're not flying to a backwater, there's no need for anyone to get their knickers in a twist.

If you could give me an example (just one) of when flights have come down once a team have been drawn in a particular Country or region, not just Saints or England - Any UK team, then I will eat my hat ... After the first wave????

I am intrigued .... over to you

If you could give me an example (just one) of when flights have come down once a team have been drawn in a particular Country or region, not just Saints or England - Any UK team, then I will eat my hat ... After the first wave????

I am intrigued .... over to you

Yep my flight to Copenhagen for last season's Europa fixture. I booked a few days after the draw was made and my flight was in line with normal seasonal prices. Is that example OK, pal?

Edited by shurlock

This is sort of a duplicate to a couple of posts on another thread, but thought it might help some fans out.

Whilst my Saints experience is limited to two European draws, the same applies for England and many other sporting / increased volume events. With my LIMITED knowledge, it seems historically that the flights seem to go up incredibly quickly around 20 - 30 mins after the draw is made.

No idea if that is manual intervention or algorithms built into the carriers software, but some of the examples last year were showing a £200 difference.

In the Euros, my son gambled on a £20 flight, based on us finishing second way ahead of time, which once the venue was confirmed was well over £250.

Probably common sense to most, but if you are sat by the draw and intending to go, will definitely be worth booking a flight ASAP.

:lol:

The price of your flight changed from £77 .49 to £427 .59 ,this is due to high demand. Grab your seats before it's all gone!

Please continue booking below, or click here to find a different flight.

:lol:

good advice thanks. Although by the time I havve arranged staff etc I wont be able to get the cheap price.

We discovered last year that waiting for consensus in a group of more than 2 people is expensive as hell when it comes to booking flights... This year I was actively objectionable to anyone trying to join the process. :D

We discovered last year that waiting for consensus in a group of more than 2 people is expensive as hell when it comes to booking flights... This year I was actively objectionable to anyone trying to join the process. :D

Yeah, should we get through the groups I think i'll just book tickets for the group and then sell on the flights for anyone who can't make it.

In the time it took me to enter the 5 passenger names both my flights went up by about £30, god knows what they'll be now, I managed to book 4 nights at Prague and Milan and the flights for a total of £272 each which isn't bad!

In the time it took me to enter the 5 passenger names both my flights went up by about £30, god knows what they'll be now, I managed to book 4 nights at Prague and Milan and the flights for a total of £272 each which isn't bad!

They've come back down - that's what's happened.