ADAM LALLANA: "I didn't want to be Southampton captain"

rickylambert

Would anybody have wanted to be Southampton captain of past of the job at the time was explaining results to Cortese.

He made ones hell of a lot of errors in the way he left, I don't think what you referenced there adds to it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

(my mate) rohypnol?... this seems to be the message mostly implied from the article. So reading barely between the lines MP uses 'fragrances' and 'herbal' highs to induce naive players into believing he is special...figures :p Klopp however prays on the similarly vulnerable by pretending to be their special friend in order to get them to do what he wants. I always knew it...the beard was a giveaway... Lallana was a victim and was bullied into carrying an armband of importance by that evil midget Cortese.

What am i reading? it's like a ****ing chapter from Mills and Boon or Fifty Shades of Grey...

‘As soon as I mentioned that to him he was like, “This . . . This . . . This needs to stop! You can’t feel the weight of speaking to the chairman if results aren’t going well! This is my job! You are my player! I want you to be free!”

‘The relationship grew from there. I would call into his office two or three times a week, to look at clips and things. He would offer me his mate (South American herbal tea). I remember him having these joss sticks lit and that smell reminds me of being in his office.’

‘There aren’t too many managers who you would have a friendship with after going your separate ways but I do with him,’ says Lallana. ‘Last year, of course I was desperate for Tottenham to win the league but it was for him'

**** me anyone would think Lallana was trying to engineer a move to Tottenham with this kind of absolute noshing off of MP... if i was cynical I'd think that Lallana has been told he may not be first choice this season...

rats and sinking ships? (his own, rather than clubs)

Reading the rest of the article and highlighting it down to one or two lines after all the drivel above about MP being incredible... Klopp... 'We just have a relationship like normal people do.’ and not that i'm insinuating that Lallana does have any pride issues with his appearance...'with the meeting point the hotel lobby. Klopp was looking at how everyone was dressed and when he saw Lallana he shook his head, smiled and enquired: ‘What the **** is that?'

from what i can tell the rest of the interview is Lallana trying to profit off his unfortunate England team mates reputations declining as a result of the Iceland game and Lallana luckily not being deemed good enough even for that task ...i wasn't picked... but I could have turned the game...maybe...probably not...but maybe....

Sorry but Lallana I had no problem with when he left us other than the how, he did a good job as a footballer for us, but when he does this sort of **** you see his personality is ****ing awful, he is a true narcissist, believing he is far better than he is and a proper mercenary ****. God knows what backroom politics he may have been involved in but can only interpret from his public actions and interviews he was a ****ing snake.

Rules seem to be:

Y person is boss/has power.

x person is brilliant and reasons why.

Y person is okay and wouldn't have bad thing to say about them etc.

Jeez I'm more offended for Liverpool in this article than I was for us back when he took out that embarrassingly narcissistic advert in the local paper that backfired.

(sorry for rant... Cider and vomit worthy article made me do it. Beer has always had this way of making me feel amazing and special and it was a real privilege to drink beer I always look out for it, but cider is great and I think we will do well together, I look forward to working with it in the future.)

Edited by Mallagroth

He was and is an absolute disgrace to Southampton FC. Will never be welcomed back.

It absolutely astonishes me when I see people on here saying they'll forgive/ forget etc. This is a man that was supposed to be our Captain, leader and potential Le God legend status. Instead he weirdly turned his back on the City and club that made him in a unfathomably offensive way, declaring love for a manager he knew 5 minutes, begging for cash he didn't need, paying £350 for an ad in the local paper that ignored the staff and support he was given since he was 12 after going on strike from the club we all support.

Look, I get it, Lovren's funny ain't he? Loony mercenary foreigner paid £60k a week getting smashed by a £200 a week tree surgeon. He left first opportunity, like Mane, Wanyama and others with zero affinity to Southampton. Lallana was 100x different. He could have stayed, yeah the Manager may have left but he as Captain, a lad at the club since 12 (that helped him with his heart condition) would lead us onwards. Nah, the dirty grass wanted money. Wouldn't listen to the club and pimped himself to Rodgers. His interviews since have been beyond insulting to us. I love the fact he's won **** all and has to live in a **** hole. Every time he plays us he completely melts, I mean absolutely loses it - he's clearly weak minded and easy to get to - I love that!

SFC are not run by nasty people. The lack of acknowledgment to him when he left was calculated, he is/ was/ will always be a nasty little rat.

Could have been a legend but instead the only Saints player in my 35 year life I genuinely loath. He insulted every money paying Saints fan and Sotonian.

He was and is an absolute disgrace to Southampton FC. Will never be welcomed back.

It absolutely astonishes me when I see people on here saying they'll forgive/ forget etc. This is a man that was supposed to be our Captain, leader and potential Le God legend status. Instead he weirdly turned his back on the City and club that made him in a unfathomably offensive way, declaring love for a manager he knew 5 minutes, begging for cash he didn't need, paying £350 for an ad in the local paper that ignored the staff and support he was given since he was 12 after going on strike from the club we all support.

Look, I get it, Lovren's funny ain't he? Loony mercenary foreigner paid £60k a week getting smashed by a £200 a week tree surgeon. He left first opportunity, like Mane, Wanyama and others with zero affinity to Southampton. Lallana was 100x different. He could have stayed, yeah the Manager may have left but he as Captain, a lad at the club since 12 (that helped him with his heart condition) would lead us onwards. Nah, the dirty grass wanted money. Wouldn't listen to the club and pimped himself to Rodgers. His interviews since have been beyond insulting to us. I love the fact he's won **** all and has to live in a **** hole. Every time he plays us he completely melts, I mean absolutely loses it - he's clearly weak minded and easy to get to - I love that!

SFC are not run by nasty people. The lack of acknowledgment to him when he left was calculated, he is/ was/ will always be a nasty little rat.

Could have been a legend but instead the only Saints player in my 35 year life I genuinely loath. He insulted every money paying Saints fan and Sotonian.

Wow

(my mate) rohypnol?... this seems to be the message mostly implied from the article. So reading barely between the lines MP uses 'fragrances' and 'herbal' highs to induce naive players into believing he is special...figures :p Klopp however prays on the similarly vulnerable by pretending to be their special friend in order to get them to do what he wants. I always knew it...the beard was a giveaway... Lallana was a victim and was bullied into carrying an armband of importance by that evil midget Cortese.

What am i reading? it's like a ****ing chapter from Mills and Boon or Fifty Shades of Grey...

‘As soon as I mentioned that to him he was like, “This . . . This . . . This needs to stop! You can’t feel the weight of speaking to the chairman if results aren’t going well! This is my job! You are my player! I want you to be free!”

‘The relationship grew from there. I would call into his office two or three times a week, to look at clips and things. He would offer me his mate (South American herbal tea). I remember him having these joss sticks lit and that smell reminds me of being in his office.’

‘There aren’t too many managers who you would have a friendship with after going your separate ways but I do with him,’ says Lallana. ‘Last year, of course I was desperate for Tottenham to win the league but it was for him'

**** me anyone would think Lallana was trying to engineer a move to Tottenham with this kind of absolute noshing off of MP... if i was cynical I'd think that Lallana has been told he may not be first choice this season...

Reading the rest of the article and highlighting it down to one or two lines after all the drivel above about MP being incredible... Klopp... 'We just have a relationship like normal people do.’ and not that i'm insinuating that Lallana does have any pride issues with his appearance...'with the meeting point the hotel lobby. Klopp was looking at how everyone was dressed and when he saw Lallana he shook his head, smiled and enquired: ‘What the **** is that?'

from what i can tell the rest of the interview is Lallana trying to profit off his unfortunate England team mates reputations declining as a result of the Iceland game and Lallana luckily not being deemed good enough even for that task ...i wasn't picked... but I could have turned the game...maybe...probably not...but maybe....

Sorry but Lallana I had no problem with when he left us other than the how, he did a good job as a footballer for us, but when he does this sort of **** you see his personality is ****ing awful, he is a true narcissist, believing he is far better than he is and a proper mercenary ****. God knows what backroom politics he may have been involved in but can only interpret from his public actions and interviews he was a ****ing snake.

Rules seem to be:

Jeez I'm more offended for Liverpool in this article than I was for us back when he took out that embarrassingly narcissistic advert in the local paper that backfired.

(sorry for rant... Cider and vomit worthy article made me do it. Beer has always had this way of making me feel amazing and special and it was a real privilege to drink beer I always look out for it, but cider is great and I think we will do well together, I look forward to working with it in the future.)

I think I've been spiked ..... some trippy posts on here tonight !!

I didn't want him to be captain either if i'm honest. We had bigger leaders on the pitch than him at the time. I'd rather Jose or Rickie had it.

People need to forget about him tbh. I will never forgive him for the way he left. Leaving wasn't the problem, it was the manner he went about it that was disrespectful to the club and everyone affiliated with it BUT he's gone and do you know what? I think deep down he regrets the way he left.

I'll never boo a player, any player. I think it's childish. He'll never be welcome back here and that's fair enough but we really should just move on from him now......

Lallana is a professional footballer not a delusional fan like you football is his job so it is not surprising that he left to go to one of the top clubs not only in this country but in the world instead of staying with us where he seems to be doing reasonably well.

Lallana is a professional footballer not a delusional fan like you football is his job so it is not surprising that he left to go to one of the top clubs not only in this country but in the world instead of staying with us where he seems to be doing reasonably well.

I agree with all of this but would add, if you leave, do it with good grace. Adam sadly didn't , in my opinion.

if you leave, do it with good grace. Adam sadly didn't , in my opinion.

Yes I agree I was going to add something like that but could not remember in detail what happened but I think I would be upset if I left somewhere to better myself after putting a lot of effort into the success which was achieved to receive a great deal of hate and vitriol without thinking of the other person's point of view.

Liverpool v Spurs it is a shame both cannot lose

Rules seem to be:

I don't understand much of this, but it made me laugh. Whatever mallagroth is smoking, I'll have some.

I subscribe to the c u nt theory.

typical journo total crap: i especially liked "Spurs missed out on the Premier League to Leicester after drawing 2-2 with Chelsea"

No they were third and 11 points behind Leicester. Thats like saying "Villa missed out on the Premier League to leicester after losing x-y to god-knows who in janary"

Sycophantic ar$e holes

Lallana summed up in his detachment from reality on the Roy Hodgson resignation......

"It was terrible really, it just made you think there is more to football. This man has just lost his job, I dont know if he will manage again in his career"

................He friggin resigned, knowing he had dished up rubbish football at 2 tournaments, with millions sat in in his bank account you dimwit!!

When you play Middlesborough Adam, if you spot an empty seat in the stand, that could have belonged to a Steel worker from Redcar who has lost his job and can't afford to go to football, now that IS terrible.

Rules seem to be:

A privilege reading this. Cider and vomit....just about sums up our reluctant Captain.

Totally agree.

I also would like to know if he blows every manager he has, little creep

Lallana summed up in his detachment from reality on the Roy Hodgson resignation......

................He friggin resigned, knowing he had dished up rubbish football at 2 tournaments, with millions sat in in his bank account you dimwit!!

When you play Middlesborough Adam, if you spot an empty seat in the stand, that could have belonged to a Steel worker from Redcar who has lost his job and can't afford to go to football, now that IS terrible.

3 tournaments, actually

I think he changed after he got called up by England. It was the beginning of the end! Then Pochetino came in and clearly made players feel great and dream of bigger things. Great in the short term for a club but not in the longer term. From that interview he does come across as a someone who lacks confidence and needs a father figure. He comes across as a bit of a weak man, which I suppose was exactly what he was when he left. He will never reach the heights of adulation he had here, at Liverpool, but I guess money and association to a huge club is more important to him. Hopefully he will win very little there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did he really ???

Where do you want me to start ?

Shall we roll with all the newspaper articles about 'meltdown' being his work.

I particular like him trying to sell Lambert to west ham.

Cancelling the adidas contract knowing we where locked into it and then coming up with a red and yellow kit.

Sadly i cant mention stuff with agents and players, but rest assured the vile cretin was deep in wanting to crash the club.

Cancelling the adidas contract knowing we where locked into it and then coming up with a red and yellow kit.

Sadly i cant mention stuff with agents and players, but rest assured the vile cretin was deep in wanting to crash the club.

Im sure he was not the nicest person, but forget not his idea of putting the club under the noses of the Liebherrs got us to where we are. No SISA, no MLT consortium etc

I think instead of listening to bitter people wanting to pull him down perhaps Marcus Liebherrs drive when he was near his passing away to go and deliver the watch shows how the great man thought of him. For me that is a testament to NC. If only Marcus could have survived another 10 years and the dream of CL football and even the PL may have come true. Im sure he would have grasped the opportunity to invest in the team if we had looked like making the CL

Fair enough ... wasn't aware of any of the points you've made and respect that you've backed up your original comment with your reasoning behind it, unlike many on here.

I only know Cortese as the man who sold his 'vision' for SFC to Marcus Liebherr, hauled out out of administration and then delivered on his promise of premiership football within 5 years. Not trying to be flippant, just what comes to mind when I think Cortese. I'm obviously aware of his abrasive people skills and have never imagined him to be a top, 'salt of the earth' type of bloke ... but him actively trying to sabotage the club, is news to me.

Im sure he was not the nicest person, but forget not his idea of putting the club under the noses of the Liebherrs got us to where we are. No SISA, no MLT consortium etc

I think instead of listening to bitter people wanting to pull him down perhaps Marcus Liebherrs drive when he was near his passing away to go and deliver the watch shows how the great man thought of him. For me that is a testament to NC. If only Marcus could have survived another 10 years and the dream of CL football and even the PL may have come true. Im sure he would have grasped the opportunity to invest in the team if we had looked like making the CL

Another myth I'm afraid. Cortese gave himself the credit for introducing the club to Markus but the reality was that it Markus was already looking for a club to buy and and there wer numerous other people involved in setting this up far move involved that the dwarf was. Andy Oldknow for example did a great job of selling the club to Libherr and was rewarded with a on the board when the deal went through. Cortese soon dispensed with his services as he was getting in the way of his plan to have total control on the club.

Pluto is right, Cortese did a lot of harm to the club when he left. Just coincidence that those very same journalists who wrote gushing articles about us when Cortese was here turned on the club the moment he left? I think not. The way he ran the finances after Markus death was shameful. I often spoke out about this the whole time he was here and was accused of trolling.

Funnily enough Cortese still hasn't started his job at AC Milan despite them supposedly courting him the whole team he was here. Instead his sitting back counting his millions he took from us and laughing at how he managed to dupe an entire city into believing he was the messiah when in reality he was an angry little man out of his depth running up someone else's credit card.

While on one hand it must have been a bit suffocating having Cortese on his back all the time, he does come across as very pathetic. "oh boo hoo I didn't want the captaincy". But then I guess that's why England are so bad, pathetic, snivelling players like him in the side. Jordan Henderson is captain of Liverpool ffs and look as wet lettuces like Theo Walcott at Arsenal. Lallana is a great player but he is a very very strange man.

While on one hand it must have been a bit suffocating having Cortese on his back all the time, he does come across as very pathetic. "oh boo hoo I didn't want the captaincy". But then I guess that's why England are so bad, pathetic, snivelling players like him in the side. Jordan Henderson is captain of Liverpool ffs and look as wet lettuces like Theo Walcott at Arsenal. Lallana is a great player but he is a very very strange man.

You're quite right, they're a spoilt, whinghy bunch are todays young millionaire footballers .... I thought our academy's charter was to produce fine, level headed young gentlemen as well as good footballers but it seems that means f*** all once they hit the big wide world and the sharks get at 'em

Another myth I'm afraid. Cortese gave himself the credit for introducing the club to Markus but the reality was that it Markus was already looking for a club to buy and and there wer numerous other people involved in setting this up far move involved that the dwarf was. Andy Oldknow for example did a great job of selling the club to Libherr and was rewarded with a on the board when the deal went through. Cortese soon dispensed with his services as he was getting in the way of his plan to have total control on the club.

Pluto is right, Cortese did a lot of harm to the club when he left. Just coincidence that those very same journalists who wrote gushing articles about us when Cortese was here turned on the club the moment he left? I think not. The way he ran the finances after Markus death was shameful. I often spoke out about this the whole time he was here and was accused of trolling.

Funnily enough Cortese still hasn't started his job at AC Milan despite them supposedly courting him the whole team he was here. Instead his sitting back counting his millions he took from us and laughing at how he managed to dupe an entire city into believing he was the messiah when in reality he was an angry little man out of his depth running up someone else's credit card.

i dont agree. Oldknow came in later. You have had your agenda all along and so we will have to beg to differ.

Crikey, if it wasnt Liebherr it would have been someone else and the grafting was done by Andy Oldknow.

i dont agree. Oldknow came in later. You have had your agenda all along and so we will have to beg to differ.

Yet again you show that you don't know what you're talking about. Oldknow was originally brought to the club by Jim Hone and he was actively involved in trying to find new investors for most of his time here. Liebherrs advisors were one of many he spoke to during his time here. He was brought back to the club by Markus when the deal for him to buy us went though. He left for the second time in about 6 months later as Cortese didn't want him around, he saw his as a threat, funny how most other senior employees didn't last long either when Cortese was here. I remember this being dismiss I here them not being good to work with him at the time :lol:

You may like my view on what went on when your boy was here but it's all true as many others have confirmed.

Yet again you show that you don't know what you're talking about. Oldknow was originally brought to the club by Jim Hone and he was actively involved in trying to find new investors for most of his time here. Liebherrs advisors were one of many he spoke to during his time here. He was brought back to the club by Markus when the deal for him to buy us went though. He left for the second time in about 6 months later as Cortese didn't want him around, he saw his as a threat, funny how most other senior employees didn't last long either when Cortese was here. I remember this being dismiss I here them not being good to work with him at the time :lol:

You may like my view on what went on when your boy was here but it's all true as many others have confirmed.

Yes Oldknow may have been at the club pre Liebherr, but he was also talking to MLT consortuium lol.

Your dislike of NC is pretty obvious but whatever you may like to think NC had ML ear and it was him who pushed us under the nose of Marcus. Oldknow was allowed to leave whilst ML was in the background if my memory serves me correctly. I suggest he thought more of NC than anyone else at our club. You might not like it but ML trusted him.

I have no gripe with Oldknow btw

Bit rich coming from a Murdoch scab strike breaker like yourself.

He's a weak minded rat who lost it completely when his Mrs did the dirty on him while she was on holiday. Fact.

Lost it so badly he's been playing regularly for England and in cup finals with Liverpool. When was our last cup final? Semi final? Quarter final?

Lost it so badly he's been playing regularly for England and in cup finals with Liverpool. When was our last cup final? Semi final? Quarter final?

I don't mean his football ability. But he is clearly mentally weak.