6. Yoshida** (or Jones)

7. Johnson

8. Ward Prowse

9. Rodriguez** (or Olomola)

10. Clasie

11. Sims

Subs Isgrove/Hesketh/O'Connor/Gape/Wood

** Over 23's

The EFL Trophy is for Under 21s (as of June 30 2016) not u23s. 6 of the starters must be u21. It is PL2 that is for u23s. Hopefully Saints will see sense and play the same squad as for PL2 games which will allow some of our more senior youngsters (such as Stephens, Isgrove, etc) rather than try to make a different team specifically for this tournament. It is a farce that the EFL trophy and PL2 have different rules but that's how it is (AFAIK, I was caught out by the late PL2 rules change, so maybe the EFL Trophy has been changed as well, but all the bumf seems to suggest it has not been changed since it was announced). Trouble is the PL2 team have 2 games in 3 days as they play Sunderland tomorrow, so may be there will be some "rotation".

Lewis, Valery, Stephens, Wood or Jones, McQueen, Reed, O'Connor, Johnson, Olomola, Hesketh, Gape.

The EFL Trophy is for Under 21s (as of June 30 2016) not u23s. 6 of the starters must be u21. It is PL2 that is for u23s. Hopefully Saints will see sense and play the same squad as for PL2 games which will allow some of our more senior youngsters (such as Stephens, Isgrove, etc) rather than try to make a different team specifically for this tournament. It is a farce that the EFL trophy and PL2 have different rules but that's how it is (AFAIK, I was caught out by the late PL2 rules change, so maybe the EFL Trophy has been changed as well, but all the bumf seems to suggest it has not been changed since it was announced). Trouble is the PL2 team have 2 games in 3 days as they play Sunderland tomorrow, so may be there will be some "rotation".

Lewis, Valery, Stephens, Wood or Jones, McQueen, Reed, O'Connor, Johnson, Olomola, Hesketh, Gape.

Vectis

Thanks for correcting me on this.

It is interesting to note that Harrison Reed (27.01.95), Sam McQueen (06.02.95) and Jack Stephens (27.01.94) would be classed as over age players, as would Lloyd Isgrove ( 12.01.93) if he was considered.

Whereas Pierre Hojberg (05.08.95) and Matt Targett (18.09.95) would be classed as Under 21's.

I could see merit in fielding your suggested line up with the added inclusion of an overage GK (Mccarthy or Taylor), plus Martina (if he is not on his way out) and one out of Claisie/JWP for leadership and match practice

Anyone on here going?

I live one train stop up the road so rude not to. Interesting to see what it'll be like, despite not being too convinced we should be anywhere near the competition.

Expecting a near empty stadium but good to see some of the academy kids in action with some of the returning to fitness first teamers.

Vectis

Thanks for correcting me on this.

It is interesting to note that Harrison Reed (27.01.95), Sam McQueen (06.02.95) and Jack Stephens (27.01.94) would be classed as over age players, as would Lloyd Isgrove ( 12.01.93) if he was considered.

Whereas Pierre Hojberg (05.08.95) and Matt Targett (18.09.95) would be classed as Under 21's.

I could see merit in fielding your suggested line up with the added inclusion of an overage GK (Mccarthy or Taylor), plus Martina (if he is not on his way out) and one out of Claisie/JWP for leadership and match practice

In theory this should be a big game with our most realistic chance of Wembley and silverware but of course as this is a farce of a competition this is not worthy of much discussion.

The entry into this was designed to give some of our promising youngsters a chance for some competitive games but as the fixtures coincide with international weeks anyone called up to u21s, u20 u19 won't be able to play , for example O'connor has been called up by Ireland.

Charlton are only bothering to open lower tier of side stand for this.

I came to this thread to make a joke that Charlton's name change will never catch on and they're just copying Sheffield Wednesday, and instead have been delighted to discover we have a player called Cucina, who presumably is actually Cuco Martina. Won't he be on Curaçao duty?

I don't personally agree with this but since we're in it, might as well make the most of fit. I'd be tempted to play Bertrand for fitness and Austin for the same reason. I know he's had a full pre season but there's something a bit off about him.

Is this at The Valley or at Charlton's training ground? If the former, odds on there being a stream? Just wondering if Saints will provide one since they usually do for the youth games.

I don't personally agree with this but since we're in it, might as well make the most of fit. I'd be tempted to play Bertrand for fitness and Austin for the same reason. I know he's had a full pre season but there's something a bit off about him.

Is this at The Valley or at Charlton's training ground? If the former, odds on there being a stream? Just wondering if Saints will provide one since they usually do for the youth games.

I'm sure Charlie be well happy being told he's playing as something bit off about him !

Rules say a minimum of six ....U21 players ....and the rest can be...."whoever " we want. McCarthy? Stephens? Gardos? Jay Rod?

the same age balance of players that you might find in an average L1/L2 club, so if we make it through this group and a few knockout rounds , it'll be good alround.

Really confused now about the eligibility rules. Originally it said u21, but now Martin Hunter on the OS, and all of the fixtures say it is u23. Maybe they changed the rules when the changes for PL2 were introduced, even though this would not be what the EFL L1 and L2 Clubs (reluctantly in some cases) signed up to. Sounds like ticket sales at many grounds are pitiful.

Players

In all rounds of the Competition a player shall be a “registered player” of his Club.

For the EFL Clubs, a registered player is one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a match in the League Competition for that EFL Club commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations.

Each EFL Club shall play its full available strength in and during all Matches. The League will from time to time issue a policy as to what constitutes 'full available strength'. Any Club failing to meet this requirement will be required to pay a fine of up to £5,000.

For the Invited Clubs, a registered player is one who would be registered and eligible to participate in a Premier League and/or Premier League 2 match commencing at the same time and on the same date as the Match in accordance with the provisions of the relevant Premier League rules.

Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match at least 6 of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced.

The restrictions set out in Regulation 52.4 shall apply (number of loan Players on a Team Sheet) to all Clubs as if set out herein.

Players registered on a temporary basis will be eligible to play unless the loaning Club (or club) expressly indicates it does not consent as part of the applicable loan agreement.

No Player may play for more than one Club in the Competition in any one Season.