Jack Wilshere.... .oh really ?

david in sweden

well now..... It seems that Arsenal are trying to " farm out " JW in an attempt to get him properly match fit again...

It's now noted that http://www.clubcall.com are suggesting that Saints are in the market to loan Jack Wheelchair (sorry Wilshere).:rolleyes:

As if we don't have enough injured/recovering players in the club already.. Yes OK. he can be good on his day, but he hasn't had a "good day" in quite a while.

Nice if it works out but....and I recall the reputation that Jamie Redknapp had before his Dad brought him to Saints in our relegation season, but it ended up with a "good day " if JR could last 45 minutes a game before heading for the treatment room.

If true, and it works ....then it'll be a feather in Les Reed's hat ...if not (inevitably).....it'll be more ammunition for his critics. Let's hope there a good resolution to this one.

Edited by david in sweden

Jamie Redknapp and JW are two completely different prospects, Redknapp was 31 and at the end of his career when he joined us, Wiltshire is 24 and has shown some glimpses of being a world class talent, 45 mins of him a game would be incredible. I can't see why we wouldn't bring him in on loan?

Jamie Redknapp and JW are two completely different prospects, Redknapp was 31 and at the end of his career when he joined us, Wiltshire is 24 and has shown some glimpses of being a world class talent, 45 mins of him a game would be incredible. I can't see why we wouldn't bring him in on loan?

would be nice to think so wouldn't it?

Don't particularly see the point, a very short-termist signing.
Aren't all loans? Football is very short-termism though by it's nature, it's nice to set 5 year goals but we all want instant results. If he can help in the Euro campaign or win a cup this season and go back to the Arse then I'm happy with that sort of short-termism.

He'll likely be out more than he plays. Plus is known for being an absolute ****. Hardly an example i'd want at the club, unless being loaned out has given him a much needed message and kick up the behind and he's prepared to put his head down, try and keep fit and prove that he's a good footballer.

Aren't all loans? Football is very short-termism though by it's nature, it's nice to set 5 year goals but we all want instant results. If he can help in the Euro campaign or win a cup this season and go back to the Arse then I'm happy with that sort of short-termism.

Yeah, I guess. But I don't think we're that sort of club, may be wrong though!

And I think Redknapp was a better player!(IMO)

Much better than any of our midfielders, would be a very astute loan.

Hopefully Puel's friendship when Wenger will help.

Agree. As long as there was a shared wages agreement I would see it as a 'nothing to lose' loan.

Just watch him go to the likes of Everton or West Ham though, and have a superb season...

Jack Wilshere comes to Southampton on loan to get game time and prove his fitness, Arsenal pay his wages, Wilshere plays an absolute blinder to Southampton's obvious benefit.....yeah I can see why people think it's a bad idea :rolleyes:

When was the last time he played a blinder.....

Well getting himself picked for the last WC when he was obviously still half crocked and with just half a game in about 18 months wasn't bad as playing blinders actually goes.

I have never seen what people think they see in the bloke, he's just too thick to exist really.

Jack Wilshere would clearly be excellent for us in terms of pure talent, but based on his injury record I would consider even a loan too risky.

Bit of a catch 22 for him, too fragile to be worth the risk, but needs someone to take that risk on him so he can get fit.

Well getting himself picked for the last WC when he was obviously still half crocked and with just half a game in about 18 months wasn't bad as playing blinders actually goes.

I have never seen what people think they see in the bloke, he's just too thick to exist really.

Fair enough, but it was hodgson

Thats the point isn't it, he's clearly a very talented footballer, as people with far more football knowledge than you or I will testify. So if he comes here it'll be because he has to prove himself which if it works out will obviously be to our benefit. Its laughable that people on here are frothing with rage about the possibility of us loaning Jay Rodriguez to rivals West Brom yet think the possibility of taking a talented England player from Arsenal who needs game time to prove himself ...?

Thats the point isn't it, he's clearly a very talented footballer, as people with far more football knowledge than you or I will testify. So if he comes here it'll be because he has to prove himself which if it works out will obviously be to our benefit. Its laughable that people on here are frothing with rage about the possibility of us loaning Jay Rodriguez to rivals West Brom yet think the possibility of taking a talented England player from Arsenal who needs game time to prove himself ...?

Personally i dont rate him anymore, runs in to trouble to easily on repeat..

For England against Slovenia last year.

Oooooh, Slovenia. The media rave about the 2 or 3 decent games a season he plays a season because he's English and plays for a big club. The rest of the time he's either injured or recovering from injury and way off the pace. If he was Polish and playing for West Brom, nobody would touch him with a 10ft pole.

Average player, huge wages, always injured and a d!ck.

Oooooh, Slovenia. The media rave about the 2 or 3 decent games a season he plays a season because he's English and plays for a big club. The rest of the time he's either injured or recovering from injury and way off the pace. If he was Polish and playing for West Brom, nobody would touch him with a 10ft pole.

Average player, huge wages, always injured and a d!ck.

They wanted to know, I answered, chill out, if he signed for us and did well, would anyone care if he was a ****?

They wanted to know, I answered, chill out, if he signed for us and did well, would anyone care if he was a ****?

Sorry, that sounded more sarcastic than it was meant to.

It would depend on whether his attitude affects morale within the team. If he came here acting all big time Charlie, talked down to other players and never put that much effort in, it probably wouldn't help our results.

WAY better than anyone we have here, so certainly wouldn't say no.

If Arsenal paid most of his wages, then don't see why not, can't see would be risking much. We pay the wages of some squad player, we either get a crocked player who doesn't play much and goes back early to Arsenal or one of the most naturally gifted English midfielders around trying to prove himself.

At worse we waste a years wages probably at the level of someone like Targett, at best we get a year of having a very talented midfielder who fits exactly into the style and formation our manager is trying to build.

I wonder which Premiership sides would be interested and which would be considered by both him and Arsenal? I wonder also if there was any chance that the loan could become permanent.
West Ham have ruled themselves out. I wouldn't be surprised if Wenger would want him to come to us, away from the city lights of London but not too far, similar playing style now to Arse, European football so decent competition and mates with Claude.

I doubt very much that Wenger would want Wilshire to go to any of the traditional challengers - Man U, City, Chelsea - nor Tottenham for obvious reasons but neither would he get into any of those teams as first choice. Leicester have a load of midfielders already and Wenger wont want to help the Champions!! That leaves Us, Everton, Liverpool, West Ham and I guess Stoke as potential destinations. If I was Wilshire I would want to play in Europe and so we are clearly the only choice (in this country) but I could see him ending up on Merseyside. Personally I would love us to sign him on loan, he is better than we have, with the exception of Hojbjerg, and given his career so far would bring some real quality and experience to our team.

Is this just a rumour or is there a real possibility?

Well he's been made available for loan and will defintley leave before the end of play tomorrow, I haven't seen our name against any reports though. I reckon he'll turn up abroad somewhere.

Arsenal should have taken the £35m bid from City a couple of seasons back!

A fully fit jack Wilshire would be the best cm at the club

By an absolute country mile.

Just like Bertrand was better than any full-back we had when we got him on loan.

Wilshere is a very gifted player, he needs a run of games to improve his fitness. Wenger has him in and out of the side even when fit. Reckon he could be a great loan signing.