Europa League - Internazionale travel/accommodation thread

stevegrant

have completed registering today

so hopefully get ticket from inter,

Well done! I've been dallying with the idea of getting a Siamo Noi card but there are drawbacks. First, I'd have to have it delivered in the next three weeks because I'm out of the country after that until the day before I fly out for the game. Then I'd need to get it authenticated before the match and I'd assume that if they had sent me a card then I could'nt have a print at home ticket but would have to use the card. I think I'll wait until tickets go on sale and then see what happens.

Well done! I've been dallying with the idea of getting a Siamo Noi card but there are drawbacks. First, I'd have to have it delivered in the next three weeks because I'm out of the country after that until the day before I fly out for the game. Then I'd need to get it authenticated before the match and I'd assume that if they had sent me a card then I could'nt have a print at home ticket but would have to use the card. I think I'll wait until tickets go on sale and then see what happens.

Exactly what I'm going to do. Hoping that I'll get in the Saints end, however not sure how likely that is. Not like the home end will sell out, so hopefully it's just a case of logging on and buying online.

More than welcome to get your ticket dropped off at my house, and then give it to you in Milan?

Exactly what I'm going to do. Hoping that I'll get in the Saints end, however not sure how likely that is. Not like the home end will sell out, so hopefully it's just a case of logging on and buying online.

More than welcome to get your ticket dropped off at my house, and then give it to you in Milan?

Thanks for the offer SG but I think I read that the club is only going to send the tickets to the registered address of the supporter but I can't find the link at the moment. My daughter lives nearby so I may be able to get it sent to her address.

Ah, here it is:

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160901-europa-league-tickets-internazionale-southampton-3285334.aspx

Whitey, are you booking neutral to get a better seat or because you don't think you'll get one through the club?

I am an ST with no aways so I don't know where I stand. Or should that be 'sit'? I have only booked travel and hotels so far. If I can't get a Saints ticket I shall sit on the halfway line.

I am an ST with no aways so I don't know where I stand. Or should that be 'sit'? I have only booked travel and hotels so far. If I can't get a Saints ticket I shall sit on the halfway line.

+4 with my lot all ST with no aways all middle class no singers :-) been going home and away since most of those on here were in their nappies !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you register?

I don't think you actually need to register. I registered with Inter but I think it was only for their 'Interisti' section which appears to be for those who like to be associated with Inter but doesn't actually have anything to do with tickets. If you really want to you can apply for a 'Siamo Noi' card but that is more for regular attendances. For instance, I went through a trial sequence of buying a ticket for their home game with Hapoel BS and got as far as the payment part and met no restrictions even if I put my nationality as English or Israeli. I wasn't logged in for this trial. If you buy these tickets they are emailed in pdf form. Our match is not on sale yet except in a bundle of three but that is only for their season ticket holders. We shall need to keep a regular watch on their website and grab the tickets as soon as they go on sale. In my case this will probably be either when I'm in Florida or cruising through the Panama Canal which is going to be a challenge. The alternative is to get a ticket nearer the time from one of the over 500 ticket outlets throughout Italy. There is a map at the bottom of this page: http://www.inter.it/en/biglietteria and a list here: http://www.inter.it/it/servizi_abbonamenti/punti-vendita

From their FAQs:

"Is it necessary to have a Fan Card in order to go to the San Siro to watch Inter?

No. The card is required to buy a season ticket and, as a general rule, you must have a card if you are an Italian citizen living in the region of the opposing team. For example, Italian residents of Sardinia must have a card in order to be able to go to Inter v Cagliari, whilst residents of Piedmont must have one for Inter v Torino, residents of Campania for Inter v Napoli, residents of Emilia Romagna for Inter v Sassuolo, Inter v Parma and Inter v Cesena. The same system applies to all teams/regions. For Inter v Atalanta games, only residents of the province of Bergamo must have a card, whilst for the Inter v AC Milan derby, there are no restrictions in place."

I don't think you actually need to register. I registered with Inter but I think it was only for their 'Interisti' section which appears to be for those who like to be associated with Inter but doesn't actually have anything to do with tickets. If you really want to you can apply for a 'Siamo Noi' card but that is more for regular attendances. For instance, I went through a trial sequence of buying a ticket for their home game with Hapoel BS and got as far as the payment part and met no restrictions even if I put my nationality as English or Israeli. I wasn't logged in for this trial. If you buy these tickets they are emailed in pdf form. Our match is not on sale yet except in a bundle of three but that is only for their season ticket holders. We shall need to keep a regular watch on their website and grab the tickets as soon as they go on sale. In my case this will probably be either when I'm in Florida or cruising through the Panama Canal which is going to be a challenge. The alternative is to get a ticket nearer the time from one of the over 500 ticket outlets throughout Italy. There is a map at the bottom of this page: http://www.inter.it/en/biglietteria and a list here: http://www.inter.it/it/servizi_abbonamenti/punti-vendita

From their FAQs:

"Is it necessary to have a Fan Card in order to go to the San Siro to watch Inter?

No. The card is required to buy a season ticket and, as a general rule, you must have a card if you are an Italian citizen living in the region of the opposing team. For example, Italian residents of Sardinia must have a card in order to be able to go to Inter v Cagliari, whilst residents of Piedmont must have one for Inter v Torino, residents of Campania for Inter v Napoli, residents of Emilia Romagna for Inter v Sassuolo, Inter v Parma and Inter v Cesena. The same system applies to all teams/regions. For Inter v Atalanta games, only residents of the province of Bergamo must have a card, whilst for the Inter v AC Milan derby, there are no restrictions in place."

Thank you kind sir

Southampton Football Club would like to provide supporters with an update on ticketing information for the game against Internazionale in the UEFA Europa League.

Further discussions were held with the Italian club this week, and we would like to clarify the following information for supporters:

- 5,000 tickets is the full and final allocation the club will receive for this fixture, with no more tickets to be made available at a later date.

- The hosts have also confirmed that a ‘neutral section’ does not exist at the San Siro.

- Inter have also confirmed that tickets purchased by British fans that are not for the designated away section will not be allowed entrance to the stadium on the night.

- We would urge supporters not to purchase any tickets for the match from anywhere other than Southampton Football Club’s Ticket Office.

- Supporters are also reminded that their ticket will correspond with their passport details, which they will need to submit when purchasing.

- Details cannot be changed once the tickets have been purchased, therefore they will be completely non-transferrable.

Full ticketing information for Southampton’s trip to the San Siro can be viewed by clicking here.

Read more at http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/20160906-ticketing-update-internazionale-southampton-europa-3293043.aspx#L2HihDHae27ufQfj.99

Just a quick one if anyone's after a cheaper alternative to flying direct to Milan- flights to Genoa are £84 return with BA; followed by a £24 (roughly) return train, or £25 a day to hire a car. Flights are from Gatwick.

Or even cheaper: Stansted to Parma, Out Thursday Back Saturday = £35 return. Train £8 each way

My brother and I booked with sports options yesterday. Seemed an easier option albeit more expensive than sorting flights and staying over. I spoke to them and it's a chartered plane (100 seats) which is why they can fly back so late after the game.

Now I've managed to get a ticket I'm looking to potentially book with these guys too. Just tried to call them but not answer. Not seeing a lot of people reply to their posting on here so I'm still a bit cautious and am questioning their legitimacy...

How are you guys getting to Bournemouth Airport...? Could a fellow fan bum a lift and chip in for parking & fuel...?

Now I've managed to get a ticket I'm looking to potentially book with these guys too. Just tried to call them but not answer. Not seeing a lot of people reply to their posting on here so I'm still a bit cautious and am questioning their legitimacy...

How are you guys getting to Bournemouth Airport...? Could a fellow fan bum a lift and chip in for parking & fuel...?

Sport Ops are definitely legit.

So with the prospect of 8,700 Saints fans being in Milan it is probably about time we started discussing meeting/drinking areas.

The obvious one is Piazza Duomo (location of Milan's Duomo Cathedral) which is where I imagine many will congregate. However word of warning, this is likely to be the most expensive place in he city to drink, I once got stung for €15 for a beer in a bar in the Vittorio Emanuele II shopping centre just off the square.

I've only ever been to Milan once for half a day so don't have great experience of the place, I was talking to a friend last night who has been a few times and he recommended the following areas and pubs.

Corso Garibaldi and Corso Como (they lead into one another)

The above are situated close by to the Garibaldi metro stop on line 5 which takes you direct to the San Siro with no changes involved. So that area could be a good bet.

He also recommended the English Football Pub, 5 minutes walk from Piazza Duomo. It is only open from 12 til 3pm and then re-opens again at 5.

Any other ideas welcome!

So with the prospect of 8,700 Saints fans being in Milan it is probably about time we started discussing meeting/drinking areas.

The obvious one is Piazza Duomo (location of Milan's Duomo Cathedral) which is where I imagine many will congregate. However word of warning, this is likely to be the most expensive place in he city to drink, I once got stung for €15 for a beer in a bar in the Vittorio Emanuele II shopping centre just off the square.

I've only ever been to Milan once for half a day so don't have great experience of the place, I was talking to a friend last night who has been a few times and he recommended the following areas and pubs.

Corso Garibaldi and Corso Como (they lead into one another)

The above are situated close by to the Garibaldi metro stop on line 5 which takes you direct to the San Siro with no changes involved. So that area could be a good bet.

He also recommended the English Football Pub, 5 minutes walk from Piazza Duomo. It is only open from 12 til 3pm and then re-opens again at 5.

Any other ideas welcome!

With an allocation of 8.7k there'll be Saints fans in every bar in the city.

I can't remember there being much decent around the Duomo, don't think many will head there for a drink.

It's Milan! I'm going to be cooly elegant. (Those who know me will all be snig gering.)

Go to an Italian ski resort and you can spot the Milanese visitors by the fur and high heels. They're not much liked in many places.

The Navigli district I understand to be pretty good for bars and restaurants. I've only ever been through Milan on the train, and never felt like the central station was a place to hang around in, although you can admire the rather horrible Fascist architecture. There's a few brewpubs and sports bars around so I'll do some research and post on here.

Celtic fans flooded the square area when they went there but photos show them holding cans and beer bottles, who'll be the first to spot the offy or local Tescos!

Hi, if anyone is still looking to book a hotel for Milan, I have a twin room available for Wednesday and Thursday nights, 15-20 minute walk from San Siro near Bovisa Nord train. Our flights get in too late for the check in time, so had to re book a different hotel. Available at face value at £60 for 2 people both nights. Pm if interested.

Hi, if anyone is still looking to book a hotel for Milan, I have a twin room available for Wednesday and Thursday nights, 15-20 minute walk from San Siro near Bovisa Nord train. Our flights get in too late for the check in time, so had to re book a different hotel. Available at face value at £60 for 2 people both nights. Pm if interested.

Still going if anyone interested in a budget hotel.