Possible Additional 4K ticket for inter milan

wild-saint

I feel like if sales just about make it to members and then sell out that the club won't bother with extra tickets, which would probably only need to be a few hundred.

All they need to do once the 5k are sold, is to invite evidence from each person that can provide proof of flight/travel and accommodation bookings and are without match tickets. This will tell the clubs and police exactly how many will either need to be catered for with an additional ticket allocation within the empty 50,000 seats; or how many ticketless fans they are going to have to contend with roaming the streets and bars.

All they need to do once the 5k are sold, is to invite evidence from each person that can provide proof of flight/travel and accommodation bookings and are without match tickets. This will tell the clubs and police exactly how many will either need to be catered for with an additional ticket allocation within the empty 50,000 seats; or how many ticketless fans they are going to have to contend with roaming the streets and bars.

They'd surely never do that as it will encourage fans to travel without tickets for future games. Something they have to be seen to discourage.

How this hasn't sold out I'll never know. I had 2 aways and got a ticket, didn't think I'd have a chance. Too many restrictions maybe?

They'd surely never do that as it will encourage fans to travel without tickets for future games. Something they have to be seen to discourage.

How this hasn't sold out I'll never know. I had 2 aways and got a ticket, didn't think I'd have a chance. Too many restrictions maybe?

This hasn't sold out yet because hundreds, if not thousands, were on the ball and snapped up flights within a couple of hours of the fixtures being announced regardless of whether they'd qualify fir a ticket.

The first load of tickets sold to the regular away travellers were always going to go fast. But if there are a load of season ticket holders who have only done one away in the last two seasons and didn't do a European away last year, they are hardly hardened away travellers; so the likelihood of them suddenly getting off their arses to quickly book flights to Milan before flights sold out, when they couldn't be arsed to do even a couple of domestic aways in the last two seasons is remote. If it goes to any Season Ticket holder without any aways, the likelihood of selling more than a couple of dozen is remote.

I went to Midtjylland last year, got 8 tickets through the club, but none are on my official purchase history. I also do not have a season ticket, but went to every home game in the last 2 seasons and plenty of aways. I know loads of people who have flights and accommodation booked but no ticket yet. Out of our group of nine, one has so far got a match ticket; the other eight include four of us who went to Midtjylland.

There are going to be thousands out there without tickets, with 50k empty seats. If the Italians are happy with the prospect of boozed up ticketless fans when there is more than enough space to accommodate them, then they are idiots.

This hasn't sold out yet because hundreds, if not thousands, were on the ball and snapped up flights within a couple of hours of the fixtures being announced regardless of whether they'd qualify fir a ticket.

The first load of tickets sold to the regular away travellers were always going to go fast. But if there are a load of season ticket holders who have only done one away in the last two seasons and didn't do a European away last year, they are hardly hardened away travellers; so the likelihood of them suddenly getting off their arses to quickly book flights to Milan before flights sold out, when they couldn't be arsed to do even a couple of domestic aways in the last two seasons is remote. If it goes to any Season Ticket holder without any aways, the likelihood of selling more than a couple of dozen is remote.

I went to Midtjylland last year, got 8 tickets through the club, but none are on my official purchase history. I also do not have a season ticket, but went to every home game in the last 2 seasons and plenty of aways. I know loads of people who have flights and accommodation booked but no ticket yet. Out of our group of nine, one has so far got a match ticket; the other eight include four of us who went to Midtjylland.

There are going to be thousands out there without tickets, with 50k empty seats. If the Italians are happy with the prospect of boozed up ticket-less fans when there is more than enough space to accommodate them, then they are idiots.

Out of interest why do you not have a season ticket but still went to every home game in the last 2 years?

Inter website are now selling tickets for our game but saying saints fans can't buy them and will not be allowed entry into any other parts of the stadium. Sounds like there will be lots of us in bars/pubs across the city.

Only thing I would say and not wanting to sound like a smart arse is that (to massively generalise) the view of most Italians about English football fans are that we're hooligans, still as a carry over from Italia 90 when Sardinia got smashed up plus from what they saw over the summer and other recent games in Rome.

Police there can be heavy handed and not all that friendly (think French riot police).

That said Milan is a cracking night out and lots of decent bars etc. There's a pretty good German/Austria bar called Wiener Haus that's not too far from the station and the English Football Pub (look it up on Facebook) is close to the Duomo. Beer is a bit hit and miss but they'll be showing the football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inter website are now selling tickets for our game but saying saints fans can't buy them and will not be allowed entry into any other parts of the stadium. Sounds like there will be lots of us in bars/pubs across the city.

Not actually on sale yet. 'soon' according to their website:

Inter INTER VS SOUTHAMPTON SOUTHAMPTON

SOUTHAMPTON FANS PLEASE BUY TICKETS FOR THE AWAY FANS' AREA BY CONTACTING SOUTHAMPTON F.C.

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT INTER.IT/TICKETS ARE EXCLUSIVELY FOR F.C.INTERNAZIONALE FANS

SOUTHAMPTON FANS WITH TICKETS IN OTHER AREAS WILL NOT GET ACCESS TO THE STADIUM.

PRICES ON SALE SOON

Now had anyone else been able to get on the website to buy yet? I don't have a season ticket, am a lapsed member (i.e. have a customer number but not paid the £25 membership fee for the year) but it looks like when I try and buy a ticket via the website it's telling me I need a 2016/2017 season ticket.

Anyone else had this?

Now had anyone else been able to get on the website to buy yet? I don't have a season ticket, am a lapsed member (i.e. have a customer number but not paid the £25 membership fee for the year) but it looks like when I try and buy a ticket via the website it's telling me I need a 2016/2017 season ticket.

Anyone else had this?

Only available for season ticket holders today

Official membership holders from tomorrow

Probably general members from late next week?

Anyone else had this?

Don't go on sale to members until 9am tomorrow, apparently.

Happy days. The only shame is we got ours last week on the corporate prawn sandwich ticket but ended up with four seats not together but in two pairs of two. Probably could have got four together now. Oh well.

8,000 Saints fans will be immense and a nice little mini takeover of Milan for the night. Brilliant.

What's looking the best deal for flying now then?!

Easyjet still have flights to Milan but they are expensive. Easyjey to Verona out Wed back Fri is available for around £125 or about £40 cheaper if you return Saturday. Trains to Milan take about 1h23 and run frequently. Bologna return for about £70 is possible but a longer train ride.

BA to Milan is very expensive now as is Turin. They have flights to Verona (as above) for around £120 Wed-Fri and Bologna around £183

Edit: Bologna train time is actually just over an hour, may be a high-speed train.

Edited by Whitey Grandad

What's looking the best deal for flying now then?!

I would assume that direct flights into Milan are ludicrously expensive now, so you're then looking at an airport within an hour or two on the train, so that gives you the options of Turin, Bologna, Verona, Genoa, Nice. Worst comes to the worst, Geneva's probably not the worst option either, there must be a train from there to Milan.

Happy days. The only shame is we got ours last week on the corporate prawn sandwich ticket but ended up with four seats not together but in two pairs of two. Probably could have got four together now. Oh well.

8,000 Saints fans will be immense and a nice little mini takeover of Milan for the night. Brilliant.

:lol:

I would assume that direct flights into Milan are ludicrously expensive now, so you're then looking at an airport within an hour or two on the train, so that gives you the options of Turin, Bologna, Verona, Genoa, Nice. Worst comes to the worst, Geneva's probably not the worst option either, there must be a train from there to Milan.

3h58 and I would expect it to be a lovely ride. https://www.trainline.eu/search/geneve-cornavin/milano/2016-10-20-12:00/2016-10-21-10:00

Ryanair Stansted - Genoa for £57 Wed - Fri

12:10 --> 15:20

16:20 --> 17:25

Train duration varies from 1h20 to 1h53 €23.15 for a senior return non-flexible.

Anyone else had this?

Also says you should have a purchase history from 2014,2015. So will they sell to new members with currently no purchase history.??

I bought return flights yestetday from Manchester to Milan Bergamo for Weds-Sat with Ryanair for a cool £31.50 return if that helps anyone near the north west...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just spent £54 return from Manchester to Malpensa Weds-Sat on Easyjet.

Hoping someone on here can help me. I've contacted the club but haven't heard back yet...

My mate doesn't have the membership but did purchase a ticket in the 14/15 season. Am I right in thinking if he buys a membership card now he will meet the criteria for tomorrow's membership sale? Or did he need to have the membership then? Hoping it's just the customer number and current membership that counts?

Thanks for your help

Hoping someone on here can help me. I've contacted the club but haven't heard back yet...

My mate doesn't have the membership but did purchase a ticket in the 14/15 season. Am I right in thinking if he buys a membership card now he will meet the criteria for tomorrow's membership sale? Or did he need to have the membership then? Hoping it's just the customer number and current membership that counts?

Thanks for your help

Yes if he buys membership he should be able to buy a ticket tomorrow

A mate of mine can't now go and is selling his flight with Easyjet from LGW - out Wednesday afternoon back Friday afternoon. £210 which includes the name change fee.

If he can't go and doesn't use his ticket, he's going to lose his original £165. It's a bit rich to charge someone £45 on top of the original cost to save himself a £165 loss! [emoji1]

With regards to the additional allocation and reducing qualification levels, this will go to General Sale, for sure. However, the club is going to sell a shedload of Memberships tonight so that people can be sure of getting theirs in the morning! [emoji386][emoji386]

If he can't go and doesn't use his ticket, he's going to lose his original £165. It's a bit rich to charge someone £45 on top of the original cost to save himself a £165 loss! [emoji1]

With regards to the additional allocation and reducing qualification levels, this will go to General Sale, for sure. However, the club is going to sell a shedload of Memberships tonight so that people can be sure of getting theirs in the morning! [emoji386][emoji386]

Yes a queue earlier tonight to get into online ticket site for exactly this reason