Saints vs Sparta: Match Thread

Hamilton Saint

Interesting that we're trying to press tonight, when we did nothing of the sort against Arsenal.

We weren't interested in chasing shadows against Arsenal, who are one of the best passing teams in the league. So many people around me at the Emirates who couldn't grasp why we weren't constantly tackling them.

Sorry d ick head, just saying what nob head **** man says

Well don't. Batman is negative abd repetitive but at least he's talking about the game. Your constant harping on about other posters is not something that anyone wants to have to skip through in every match thread.

In other news, Martina has been superb. I hope he starts on Sunday.

Well don't. Batman is negative abd repetitive but at least he's talking about the game. Your constant harping on about other posters is not something that anyone wants to have to skip through in every match thread.

In other news, Martina has been superb. I hope he starts on Sunday.

Do shut the f uk up :rolleyes:

I post as i please, like it or not..

We weren't interested in chasing shadows against Arsenal, who are one of the best passing teams in the league. So many people around me at the Emirates who couldn't grasp why we weren't constantly tackling them.

Tactical flexibility. Perhaps Reed made a good choice...?

On the BBC site regarding OWTS:

Southampton 2-0 Sparta Prague

Posted at 38 mins

Southampton are enjoying their first game in Europe in 13 years (excluding qualifiers). Lots of singing of 'oh when the Saints go marching in'. Which to be fair, as a chant, makes a lot more sense than when other football fans sing it with their nickname replacing Saints.

JWP having a great game, driving forward with the ball, best I've seen him play - can't believe anyone think he is having a bad game?! I'd like Martina to win his place, he has to be the most improved player in the last 12 months, he was awful at first, but has settled now into a very good player.