West Ham build up

SO16_Saint

WHU are bottom and at a real, real low confidence wise. We are on the back of 3 wins and 3 clean sheets......

I predict WHU 2 Saints 0

Come on now, you know that's not how it works. West Ham need points and are loved by the media, they will win and the ref will make sure of it....

WHU are bottom and at a real, real low confidence wise. We are on the back of 3 wins and 3 clean sheets......

That doesn't mean too much though in this volatile early part of the season. Sham are hurting and our frontmen without Austin, who is likely not to start, have only scored three goals between them in five games. No pressure fellers, just blast them in. One out of Tadic, Schlong and Redmond to be motm. A nail-biting 2-1

Very boring, but me and my lads are heading to the Hamilton Hall, Spoons by Liverpool St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not that I should really advise anyone that chooses a Wetherspoons train station pub ahead of any other in London, but the Waterloo & City Line is closed tomorrow, so Waterloo - Liverpool Street a bit awkward.

So, drinks tomorrow? Hole in the wall as per, where's good near the new ground? Or is it unexplored territory for us all this season?

I live in Hackney Wick (five minute walk from the stadium) and there's not much around. There are a few trendy bars nearby on the canal (Crate and Bar 90) but they've been taken over by Hammers fans. Though, Crate has now banned anyone from wearing colours because p*ssed up Hammers kept jumping in the canal and being a general nuisance.

Westfield Stratford is next door, too, and there are some bars there. They will be packed, I imagine.

You could try Stratford itself, but I'm not versed on if there is anywhere to drink.

There are plenty of places to drink in Leyton (only a tube stop away).

2015-16 conversion rate:

Long: 10 goals from 64 shots = 15.6%

Sánchez: 13 goals from 107 shots = 12.2%

Interesting stats. Scoring goals is tough. Good strikers have the movement, timing, and runs to continually get opportunities. They make some and miss some, no one gets them all. its not a big goal, there is a goalie, and defenders. After that its a percentage game. I will say that some strikers score more than others, but its not like 50% go in.

Interesting stats. Scoring goals is tough. Good strikers have the movement, timing, and runs to continually get opportunities. They make some and miss some, no one gets them all. its not a big goal, there is a goalie, and defenders. After that its a percentage game. I will say that some strikers score more than others, but its not like 50% go in.

Agreed but Sanchez has scored 4 this season in all comps and Long none. I would be delighted if he scores against Wham but.......! Saints scoring record in the PL this year is the equal second worst despite all the chances that have been made, so that tells the story.

You said many people said he was defensively poor on Wednesday, that couldn't have been further from the truth, he had a solid game, and unless I had a snooze whilst watching in the ground I can't recall a single moment of note for Palace that came from his "poor" defensive play.

if you look at the MOTM vote for the game on Wednesday "many people" considered him worthy of their vote: and on here that speaks volumes.

He was my MOTM too. I thought he was great. But that was because of his runs, his through balls and his crossing. It's long been a discussion about whether he or Cedric is the better right back and I think possibly the answer depends on the opposition. The comment was in response to the suggestion that he could eliminate the threat of Antonio. Two people sensibly expressing different views.

He was my MOTM too. I thought he was great. But that was because of his runs, his through balls and his crossing. It's long been a discussion about whether he or Cedric is the better right back and I think possibly the answer depends on the opposition. The comment was in response to the suggestion that he could eliminate the threat of Antonio. Two people sensibly expressing different views.

Am I missing something? Antonio normally pkays on the right, so how is Cedric/Martina relevant? I would imagine Bertrand will take care of Antonio (I think Antonio has played once left side this season).

Can see Shane Long scoring today. It's not statistically valid but striker's goal droughts do come to an end. My Brighton-supporting pal was lamenting on Friday that Glen Murray was no longer worth his place, then he got both goals yesterday against Barnsley. Long will have learnt from the recent near misses and should get it right today.

You said many people said he was defensively poor on Wednesday, that couldn't have been further from the truth, he had a solid game, and unless I had a snooze whilst watching in the ground I can't recall a single moment of note for Palace that came from his "poor" defensive play.

if you look at the MOTM vote for the game on Wednesday "many people" considered him worthy of their vote: and on here that speaks volumes.

Indeed, Martina was excellent all round against Palace.

Am I missing something? Antonio normally pkays on the right, so how is Cedric/Martina relevant? I would imagine Bertrand will take care of Antonio (I think Antonio has played once left side this season).

He's scored a few far post headers from either side which is the main issue.

An intersting midfield battle predicted between Clasie and Payet here:

"If Cedric Soares struggles to cut off the inside route then Jordy Clasie - scurrying across from the middle - will need to be ready to close him down. Clasie has not always found it easy in England, but he is a very strong tackler and should be able to out-muscle Payet on Sunday. Theirs is the most important head-to-head of the game, and Payet will need Manuel Lanzini's movement to drag Clasie away from the left-centre zone if Payet is to win the battle."

I doubt if Austin will be on till late in the game, if we are not on target, and Antonio's heading is a concern, otherwise I think it will be a low scoring 1-0 win to Saints. Schlong and Redmond need to convert their chances tomorrow.

There's little chance Clasie is playing without rotation... Though I suppose we might prioritise Be'er Sheva in which case I guess he could start.

Edited by The9

We have John Moss with the whistle so anything can happen, normally not in our favour.

We have a fantastic record with John Moss refereeing, including our 4-0 win v Arsenal, 3-0 win v Everton and 3-0 win v Norwich, and we've won nearly every away game he's reffed, including the 2-1 win at Tottenham and 1-0 win at Swansea earlier this year. We won every game he reffed last season.

Think that's our strongest team with the exception of Boufal and the question of Redmond or Long. Very happy with that. Their full-backs look very week too.

I just feel sorry for Martina to be honest; he hasn't put a foot wrong the last 2 games he has played and has been far more effective going forwards than Cédric, who is going to have to convince me that his crossing - currently - is anything better than poor.

I just feel sorry for Martina to be honest; he hasn't put a foot wrong the last 2 games he has played and has been far more effective going forwards than Cédric, who is going to have to convince me that his crossing - currently - is anything better than poor.

Hopefully him not starting today will mean he gets the start on Thursday