Saints beat Crystal Palace 2-0 in EFL Cup. Sunderland at home next

Hamilton Saint

MOTM v Palace  

218 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM v Palace

Forget Pardew, can anyone understand what Puel is going on about?

Writing down what he says doesn't make it clearer? Does Google translate do Puel to English?

It's genius from Puel - just say the same thing every week to the journo's and come across as boring as possible - keeps the media away a bit and protects the players.

I did wonder about the offside argument, but he doesn't (at least initially, camera cuts away soon after) even celebrate the goal, so think it was more frustration at not scoring than anything else.

Redmond went over to him and they had a bit of a smile about it once he realised we'd scored.

If only Long could shoot properly, round the keeper and the tamest left footed shot I've ever seen. And the shot that was saved before Hesketh's goal was better but he almost fell over doing it.

Austin will re relieved as well his early chance was offside, that was another awful finish.

I think some more shooting training is needed.

But good solid win, plenty of chances created, all the players looking comfy with the system and getting a change to shine.

If only Long could shoot properly, round the keeper and the tamest left footed shot I've ever seen. And the shot that was saved before Hesketh's goal was better but he almost fell over doing it.

Austin will re relieved as well his early chance was offside, that was another awful finish.

I think some more shooting training is needed.

But good solid win, plenty of chances created, all the players looking comfy with the system and getting a change to shine.

Can't complain about Long managing to get a shot off under a challenge for the Hesketh goal, especially as the ball was fractionally behind him, the left foot trickler was a load of crap though and shows he's low on confidence involving anything on his left at the moment (Arsenal misses also).

Austin's miss was more understandable as he had to miss the keeper right in front of him, but it was still poor.

Can't complain about Long managing to get a shot off under a challenge for the Hesketh goal, especially as the ball was fractionally behind him, the left foot trickler was a load of crap though and shows he's low on confidence involving anything on his left at the moment (Arsenal misses also).

Austin's miss was more understandable as he had to miss the keeper right in front of him, but it was still poor.

Technique was awful though on Austin's shot, a massive scuff.

And yeh Long maybe was under pressure, but it's another in a long line of decent chances he keeps wasting at least he hit the target forcing the save, the left foot shot was awful. He's in danger of becoming a Heskey IMO, very valuable contributions to the team as whole but is that enough to balance out all these missed chances?

And yeh Long maybe was under pressure, but it's another in a long line of decent chances he keeps wasting at least he hit the target forcing the save, the left foot shot was awful. He's in danger of becoming a Heskey IMO, very valuable contributions to the team as whole but is that enough to balance out all these missed chances?

I think right now Long looks to be trying to hard to place it. He's had a few shots on target and they've had no power at all, I really think his confidence is shot.

Forget Pardew, can anyone understand what Puel is going on about?

Writing down what he says doesn't make it clearer? Does Google translate do Puel to English?

He talks like a Google translation from French to English. Maybe he has a hidden device that is doing this for him?

Mind you, his English is still much better than my French.

He sliced it off the side of his boot, but that's understandable with a keeper flying out at him, no amount of training can prepare you for the unexpected like that, professionals or not.

Long hit the target with a decent shot while digging the ball out from behind him and with someone leaning on him, that was a decent effort - the left foot one was crap though, everything on his left has been guff since kick-off at Arsenal.

I think right now Long looks to be trying to hard to place it. He's had a few shots on target and they've had no power at all, I really think his confidence is shot.

He needs a goal, simple as that. Bet he reaches double figures this season. He's on fire except for the finishing. We must send out love signals not get on his back. It matters not who scores in the end as long as somebody does.

Hesketh is the key in the hole, he plays the ball in behind the defenders quickly giving the runners the chance to get behind the defenders whereas all the others take too many touches and lose the opportunity to open up the defence. Give him a go as much as possible. What a little terrier Reed is. It was a joy to watch them. Yoshida put in a tremendous shift as did Long but having said that it was a very good team performance. The squad just got a little larger last night.

Enjoyed watching last night.

Hesketh was great to watch. Really enjoyed his performance

Reed looked like he had been playing there in the 1st team for ages.

Long was good, albeit a terrible finish for that chance

Austin was good

Targett and Martina good

Yoshida was good

Clasie. well, what the hell does he do?

Enjoyed watching last night.

Hesketh was great to watch. Really enjoyed his performance

Reed looked like he had been playing there in the 1st team for ages.

Long was good, albeit a terrible finish for that chance

Austin was good

Targett and Martina good

Yoshida was good

Clasie. well, what the hell does he do?

You just can't resist throwing a little dig into an otherwise, remarkably positive post :rolleyes:

Correct. Just not a natural finisher. Will run all day, cause a right nuisance of himself, create chances - and then miss the vast majority of them. 100% of them this season so far. Would be a fantastic player if he had composure, without it he's still a very good player.

Worst thing I've ever heard at St Mary's last night from the Itchen North.. Copied that sh*t Arsenal song. "What do we think of Palace? ****. What do we think of ****? Palace.. We hate Palace and we hate Palace.."

I want to put it down to the large amount of teenage kids in the ground trying too hard to have bantz but it was embarrassing. Palace are a nothing club similar to Watford and Reading.

You need a thicker skin...too easily embarrassed.