What is this rift between Redmond and Tadic the announcers mentioned?

striker

I'm re-watching the game on Sky+ as I was out for dinner, and just got to that bit. 55th minute and Tadic delayed playing a through ball to Redmond, who had to check his run because of the delay. Had Tadic played it through first time Redmond would have got it. Redmond exploded at Tadic.

I'm sure it's all water under the bridge now though.

In the ground I noticed Puel having a word with Tadic after he came off and looking less than happy too, but i'm sure there's very little in it.

On Sky Sports, Theiry Henri said that was Puel giving Tadic some coaching advice. He said that shows how much of a perfectionist Puel is - saying its normal for him to give players coaching tips even just after they've been substituted. Puel has all the hallmarks of being a superb acquisition for the club IMO.

Creative tension caused by Boufal looking over their collective shoulders? Bring it on, I'm loving the rotation and competition for places. We are probably one good CB, one good DM and one decent striker away from being a top 4-6 side (will never happen, by the time we buy three more starters another three-plus will have left).

On Sky Sports, Theiry Henri said that was Puel giving Tadic some coaching advice. He said that shows how much of a perfectionist Puel is - saying its normal for him to give players coaching tips even just after they've been substituted. Puel has all the hallmarks of being a superb acquisition for the club IMO.

Yeah, that's what it seemed like. Very good to see.

I'm re-watching the game on Sky+ as I was out for dinner, and just got to that bit. 55th minute and Tadic delayed playing a through ball to Redmond, who had to check his run because of the delay. Had Tadic played it through first time Redmond would have got it. Redmond exploded at Tadic.

I'm sure it's all water under the bridge now though.

no real difference to Austin (rightly) having a right go at cedric

I think Tadic is just a bit of a wind up merchant and now Austin and Redmond have turned up they're giving some of it back and there's just a bit of competition between the three of them. They all seem together enough when giving post match interviews and when they celebrate a goal being scored so I think it's nothing more than a bit of banter tbh. Nice to see they're all so competitive.

With Shane Long, Tadic, Redmond, and Austin we've got some serious personalities in the team!

Bertrand is phenominal. I really hope we can hang on to him long term. Played his socks off yesterday and put 100% into every move he made.

Personally feel there is a real togetherness in the team at the moment which I never felt with Koeman at the helm. I think Puel allows players a bit more freedom to express themselves and this has helped the team gel.

Feeling pretty positive about this season so far!

It did seem there was a little tension between Puel and Tadic, but if I was hazarding a guess it would be a discussion as to why Tadic took so long to get a shot off when Reid got back and made the challenge.

DT: "Why did you take me off boss? I was playing well"

CP: "I thought you were tired, you seemed to take an age over that shot"

DT: "Me? Take ages to shoot? That was a surprise to you?"

No, it was mentioned by the announcers. It was after Redmond got mad at Tadic for a pass. If its nothing great, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone knew something

As I doubt they can mind-read and as it's normal for someone who's bust a gut to get in a good position and not get the ball, or the ball they want I'd say that was the commentators showing a lack of comprehension of the meaning of the word 'rift'.

No idea about Tadic. Should he always smile for the camera to make people happy or are other expressions (e.g. the normal one which isn't a smile) allowed?

No, it was mentioned by the announcers. It was after Redmond got mad at Tadic for a pass. If its nothing great, but I just thought I'd ask if anyone knew something

Redmond was annoyed Tadic didn't pass to him. Davis had a big chance and should have passed to his left (not sure who it was that was open, but they were screaming for the ball and furious. It wasn't Redmond) . Hojbjerg took a shot on when he should have passed to Redmond for a certain goal. And Cedric did something similar.

It's human nature, and the right of a player, to get annoyed at someone taking on a shot, and missing (if they themselves were open for a pass and what they perceive as an easy finish). It isn't a rift and they don't hate each other. If the players didn't want to score, and didn't have this competitive edge, then I would be very concerned.

It is important that the players learn to have better decision making in the final third. If someone is in a better position to score then they should be passing instead of taking the shot on. It may seem irrelevant in a 3-0, but it's not in the grand scheme of things. They'll be games where we only get one or two big chances, and it's essential we convert them. We were wasteful yesterday and still won 3-0. That shows how good we can potentially be.

Redmond is probably right about most of the things he moans about, but he shouldn't do it the way he does. It's not good for team morale and just shows he needs to develop his leadership skills. He is showing a lack of respect to his teammates. Needs to work on that.

On the flipside he was the first one to go to Long after Hesketh's goal against Palace and the pair of them were grinning away just seconds after Long was kicking the post.

He's clearly overall a nice bloke who doesn't like things not being perfect and confident enough to criticise. Pretty much every player I've ever played with will have a pop in context and sort it out a minute or two later when they've reflected. I get the impression Roy Keane is one of the few who didn't.