Be'er Sheva vs Saints

Lighthouse

I'm Dutch, I get to write poor English ;)

In which case, I'll put that down to a typo and compliment you on your remarkable english ;) .... btw. I'm in complete agreement with your original post to 'clever clogs' Dangermouth.

........ just thought I'd shoehorn in a bit of wit of my own, for you Dutchie 8)

Edited by New Forest Steve

Why are we not playing our strongest team?

What is our strongest side? Now that Claude has finally got his message home to the squad, we have won the last 3 games with three quite different line-ups.

The best side (selected) isn't always the same players week after week....or in this case every 3-4 days, and not every opponent can be opposed in the same way.

Whilst we're glad that Charlie Austin got another goal on Sunday, there was little else he was called upon to do, although he did make a good assist for Tadic.

I'm not saying that he didn't have a good game, but the match was run by our midfielders and good defensive play from the back line...and Charlie did his bit there, too.

What we may be heading towards is a well-balanced squad of 23-24 players who are all capable of DAJFU....regardless of who/where they play alongside on the pitch.

One TV observer noted.. it didn't take Redmond and JWP long to discover which way we were kicking, and with better luck both might have got more out of the game.

Although it may be disconcerting for fans to see an ever-changing line-up every match, it doesn't matter who plays if they contribute to the play and we get a result.

I think that if most of us were asked.... if we wanted a win in Isreal.. more than a win at Leicester on Sunday, we'd prioritise the 3 points in the Prem.

Edited by david in sweden

What is our strongest side? Now that Claude has finally got his message home to the squad, we have won the last 3 games with three quite different line-ups.

The best side (selected) isn't always the same players week after week....or in this case every 3-4 days, and not every opponent can be opposed in the same way.

Whilst we're glad that Charlie Austin got another goal on Sunday, there was little else he was called upon to do, although he did make a good assist for Tadic.

I'm not saying that he didn't have a good game, but the match was run by our midfielders and good defensive play from the back line...and Charlie did his bit there, too.

What we may be heading towards is a well-balanced squad of 23-24 players who are all capable of DAJFU....regardless of who/where they play alongside on the pitch.

One TV observer noted.. it didn't take Redmond and JWP long to discover which way we were kicking, and with better luck both might have got more out of the game.

Although it may be disconcerting for fans to see an ever-changing line-up every match, it doesn't matter who plays if they contribute to the play and we get a result.

I think that if most of us were asked.... if we wanted a win in Isreal.. more than a win at Leicester on Sunday, we'd prioritise the 3 points in the Prem.

A reasoned argument but i cannot agree with that last bit, three points towards a ninth place finish!

Failing that sportsdevil addon is free but don't expect to see the first 10 mins of the game. It can be hard work to find what you want and normally the feed quality ain't great.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've been using Sportsmania or Sportsnation HD for a couple of years. They are owned by the same site and do the same thing. Last year I had both on the one subscription but from this year it was one or the other. I was using SM but when I renewed SN came up and it seems exactly the same. Using through Kodi gives excellent results with loads of options, US, Canada, Thai, India, Vietnam etc TV stations all showing the English transmission. Well worth the £50.

Here is a great video of the ground done professionally from a drone.

For those going then surely you need to get hold of a ball and go out in the proper, bonafide desert next to the ground for a kickabout. You don't get many chances in life to do that.

If you do just make sure you don't tread on one of these. Otherwise you won't get another chance in life.

300px-Black_scorpion.jpg

In which case, I'll put that down to a typo and compliment you on your remarkable english ;) .... btw. I'm in complete agreement with your original post to 'clever clogs' Dangermouth.

........ just thought I'd shoehorn in a bit of wit of my own, for you Dutchie 8)

Evening both (Dutchie/NFS)

1/Pedant. Disagree about the 'need' for proper grammar, etc, but will leave it at that as I'm right on this one; you both demonstrate my point by your good use of language.

Off to the pub.

Sorry about the delay, I've just woken up. All of them got to the FA cup final and were also relegated in the same season. A number of League cup finalists have too, including Birmingham as noted earlier by hutch.

Do they outnumber the teams that have got to the final and not been relegated?

I think Claude's priority is to win every game, which is why he's left at home those he considers are not in 100% condition.

Anyone else getting really excited now ?

I'm sure it is. .. but my comment was merely to placate those people who think we should play the same team for 50+ matches this season....

.....but will then complain that we don't give the Academy lads any game time.

I'm sure it is. .. but my comment was merely to placate those people who think we should play the same team for 50+ matches this season....

.....but will then complain that we don't give the Academy lads any game time.

Speaking of which, hope Hesketh gets some game time this evening.

Puel must think Redmond and Romeu can run all day. Most of the rest of the players who will feature on Sunday are either still home (Austin, Fonte, Davis, Bertrand), or sitting on the bench (Tadic, Hojbjerg, Cedric). Along with Forster, and VVD thats 9 out of the 11. My guess is that Redmond and Romeu get substituted out at some point (maybe the half), depending on how the game is progressing.

What's the Be'er Sheva team then?

The teams!

Hapoel Beer Sheva: Goresh; Vitor, Taha, Tzedek; Bitton, Radi, Ogu, Melikson, Korhut; Maranhao, Nwakaeme. Subs: Haimov, Buzaglo, Ben Sahar, Hoban, Broun, Ohayon, Shabtai.

Southampton: Forster; Martina, Yoshida, Van Dijk, Targett; Romeu; Clasie, Hesketh, Ward-Prowse; Redmond, Long. Subs: McCarthy, Cedric, Tadic, Reed, Stephens, Hojbjerg, Olomola.

Referee: Stefan Johannesson (Sweden).

really adventurous Claude......it's a brave idea.. but it just might work !

A starting side in a Euro competition with 3 Academy graduates ..and another 3 on the bench!

We will never know unless we give them a chance.

BUT I did notice than the (Swedish) referee is Stefan Johannesson. He plays by the book and isn't shy of flashing the yellow cards. :scared:

Edited by david in sweden

Has Claude been watching the Forum? Good prediction of the line up by David in Sweden except Hesketh starting in place of Tadic. A surprise but a very bold move. Also, just what Colinjb hoped for but Hesketh getting even more than just a sub appearance. Also agree absolutely with The Cat about 3 academy graduates in the team, with 3 more on the bench as I think its fair to count Stephens in that number. Local talent, or locally nurtured talent has been one of the features of SFC that I've always felt proud about, right back to the days of Terry Paine, John Sydenham and Martin Chivers.

One other comment about the four left at home; someone mentioned these may be the players who need more time to recover from last Sunday's game. Something in that I think and that Claude is looking at the fitness of the squad overall. That he will have four rested players for the Leicester game is an added bonus because those involved tonight have limited recovery time after the flight back home.