Marcus Hall

Maggie May

I also got an email once from Jim Hone declaring that 'Lucien Mettomo will do a job for us'...

Christ, had totally forgotten about him. TO be filed under the same bracket as Alledine Yahia. Can we get a team going with these anonymous signings?

GK: Forecast

LB: St Juste

CB: Yahia

CB: Mettomo

RB: Hall

RM: Arias

CM: Sarmiento

CM: Tejera

LM: Kanchelskis

S: Chala

S: Bleidelis

Sub:

Taider

Pulis

Was watching a season review the other day from 07/08 and was surprised to hear the name Ian Pearce, don't remember that at all. Seems he signed a short term loan and only played in one game away at S****horpe.

Another one who played only a few games was Vincent Pericard - unfortunately I do remember that.

Allaedine Yahia is now 35 and has played his last 11 years in Ligue 1 in France, hardly anonymous.

Anthony Pulis and Tommy Forecast are always the end game of this. Not good enough for our worst side in 50 years.

A mish-mash of minimal appearances and never played but often talked abouts, Lee Powell, Jacinto Ela Eyene, Leandre Griffit, Marco Almeida, Shayne Bradley, Yoann Folly, Jake Thomson, Richard Wright, Adrian Caceres, Garry Monk, Andrei Pereplyotkins, Vincent Pericard, Nicholas Bignall and the pivotal but brief Chris Lucketti and Kevin Miller.

Was watching a season review the other day from 07/08 and was surprised to hear the name Ian Pearce, don't remember that at all. Seems he signed a short term loan and only played in one game away at S****horpe.

Another one who played only a few games was Vincent Pericard - unfortunately I do remember that.

I think Pearce may have been an unused sub for a few other games, he was around for a month or two even though he only actually played once.

Now Alan Bennett, there was a player who had way more appearances than he should have got. He should be on this list but escapes on the technicality of actually playing a fair bit, that one time Alpine was actually right. We forgot to sign any centre backs and started with him and Chris Makin there before getting Darren Powell in. :o

Where's Anthony Pulis on this scale? I know Forecast only got a half against Arsenal in a pre-season tournament which passed for the "first team".

Pulis came on as a sub in preseason once. He looked dreadful. Dreadful in a team of leftovers, after we'd sold the best players from our worst team in 50 years. Think he had a shot which went into row Z AND went out for a throw in. Might have been one of those preseason games when Jo Tessem randomly turned up for a kick about.

Darren Powell, Christ he was bad. One of those players who was always injured, then got fit and you'd wish he was injured again.

Pulis came on as a sub in preseason once. He looked dreadful. Dreadful in a team of leftovers, after we'd sold the best players from our worst team in 50 years. Think he had a shot which went into row Z AND went out for a throw in. Might have been one of those preseason games when Jo Tessem randomly turned up for a kick about.

Darren Powell, Christ he was bad. One of those players who was always injured, then got fit and you'd wish he was injured again.

I saw Pulis play for the Development squad (in the same game as Gasmi), he was in the defensive midfield position, and all he did all match was operate in an arc in front of the CBs tracking from side to side as the play went all around him. He was literally a warm body out there and seemed to have no tangible impact on the game at all.

I think I may also have seen him at right back for a bit late on in the game when Jamie Hatch went off, but may be misremembering. Whatever happened I've mentioned it at least twice before on here, along with the fact that I played for the same team in the same timeframe as his uncle Ray in Newport, but we were never on the pitch together.

Out of the players mentioned, Gotsmanov had one great game at Old Trafford that I remember going to and Yoann Folly had a couple of good games but he stopped getting picked and I think he just lost motivation. Bleidelis showed flashes of potential.

Alan Bennett in the 4-1 home defeat ont he opening day against Palace was beyond bad. He did have a couple of good games later on.

Anyone remember Paul MacDonald in the 90's - Scottish left winger, played against the Skates in the 3-0 FA Cup win at The Dell.

Out of the players mentioned, Gotsmanov had one great game at Old Trafford that I remember going to and Yoann Folly had a couple of good games but he stopped getting picked and I think he just lost motivation. Bleidelis showed flashes of potential.

Alan Bennett in the 4-1 home defeat ont he opening day against Palace was beyond bad. He did have a couple of good games later on.

Anyone remember Paul MacDonald in the 90's - Scottish left winger, played against the Skates in the 3-0 FA Cup win at The Dell.

Bleidelis managed 106 matches for his country, while during three years in the middle of that he only played two competitive club matches.

Cleber Chala was only signed to hold Delgado's hand and never kicked a ball competitively for saints. He was a million pound signing, back when that was a significant fee, but I think you just have to count that as part of the fee for Delgado.

It is odd how many players were signed despite clearly never being part of the manager's plans for the first team though. It does seem relevant when you see how many people are profiting from the moving around of people and cash in football.

Allaedine Yahia is now 35 and has played his last 11 years in Ligue 1 in France, hardly anonymous.

Considering how we needed someone, anyone to offer a better alternative to Davenport/Jakobson in that awful relegation year 11 years ago..... And how he failed so utterly to do that. I'm sticking with anonymous for us. ;)

Good he went on to be useful elsewhere.

Anthony Pulis and Tommy Forecast are always the end game of this. Not good enough for our worst side in 50 years.

A mish-mash of minimal appearances and never played but often talked abouts, Lee Powell, Jacinto Ela Eyene, Leandre Griffit, Marco Almeida, Shayne Bradley, Yoann Folly, Jake Thomson, Richard Wright, Adrian Caceres, Garry Monk, Andrei Pereplyotkins, Vincent Pericard, Nicholas Bignall and the pivotal but brief Chris Lucketti and Kevin Miller.

Marco Almeida - the last seen mullet.

Anyone remember the two Marcelos? Sarmiento and Tejera?

I was among the 'lucky' few to witness his debut in the league cup when we were knocked out by Notts county and they invaded the pitch like they had just won the cup! To be honest in an awful team performance he looked half decent!

Tejera I'm pretty sure was a 'brown envelope' signing and while his impact on the pitch was minimal it was probably a nice boost for Rosie's retirement fund!