Leicester Away

sifter

Taking my 9 yo daughter to first ever away match this weekend. It will also be my first since the 1980s with Junior Saints!

Does anyone have any parking tips at Leicester? Is it like St Mary's and best to park away from the stadium a bit?

Put LE2 7SQ into your Sat Nav That should put you on Freemans Common Road, which is a trading estate a few minutes walk from the King Power Stadium. It is a one way loop system and most of the units not open "give up" their frontage to match day parking. I think last year most of them were managed by a local charity benefiting from the funds.

I do suggest that you drive almost right the way round to find an available yard with space, as it can be a bit of a chore queuing to get out if you opt for one of the first ones on the one way system. There is an indoor Cricket Centre almost right round where to where you enter the loop, they normally provide a "free" pint inside as part of your parking charge. Which might also be useful if you are also in need of the "facilities" especially for your daughter (knowing what kids are like).

Taking my 9 yo daughter to first ever away match this weekend. It will also be my first since the 1980s with Junior Saints!

Does anyone have any parking tips at Leicester? Is it like St Mary's and best to park away from the stadium a bit?

I went to Leicester last year and parked at Leicester tigers rugby ground as they open it for matchdays and cost a 5er and only round the corner from king power stadium and not far from a harvester type pub that loads of saints fans were ising

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big thanks to John Boy Saint and Poolesaint. Your advice takes a weight off my shoulders for the travel. Thanks also to Oldsarum for the ticket update.

You're welcome, it's what these pages are for................ Shame you won't be getting a free Doughnut and beer off their chairman to celebrate his Birthday this time.!

Just to say aswell that i went with my dad and took my 8 yr old son who loved it even though we lost as Leicester very friendly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were in lala land last year getting free doughnuts and stuff. Used to be a bit nasty but that is nice to hear.