Sam Allardyce Sacked!

washsaint

Not sure what he did was wrong. Al he said was there were ways around the 3rd party ownership and he advised how to set up but stated that it is only UK it is banned.

Regarding the bungs, he didn't want to talk about it.

More of a storm in a tea cup for me.

He's as shady as old Saggy face. Remember that panorama programme that featured both of them ? A member of her majesty's gutter press told me at the time that they had loads more stuff on both of them, but that the Beeb bottled it last minute after threats from their lawyers . The real corrupt stuff was going to be aired until the morning of the show but they ended up watering it down . The BBC trailed it as sensational " and would rock football , but because of the edits it was a damp squib . Only Bond ended up in the shiete over it, obviously had a cheaper lawyer .

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

Not sure what he did was wrong. Al he said was there were ways around the 3rd party ownership and he advised how to set up but stated that it is only UK it is banned.

He got paid 400k (cause he needs it eh) to tell people how to avoid paying more to the firm that employs him. Yes it might be a storm in a tea cup to you, but I guess they won't be too impressed. It's just another tale of greed by people that get enough already. As the previous post said, I was surprised he got the job because of his dodgy dealing history, I'd be surprised if he keeps it now.

I'll be surprised if he keeps his job now. He's basically advising people on how to get around strict rules set in place by the people that employ him. He's also talking about getting agents and players 'owners' more money. These people are the exact type of people that are completely ruining football and why agent fee's are a ****ing joke.

He got paid 400k (cause he needs it eh) to tell people how to avoid paying more to the firm that employs him. Yes it might be a storm in a tea cup to you, but I guess they won't be too impressed. It's just another tale of greed by people that get enough already. As the previous post said, I was surprised he got the job because of his dodgy dealing history, I'd be surprised if he keeps it now.

This.

The FA need a complete overhaul as they are as much to blame for hiring this dodgy geezer.

Perhaps as a result we may get an England manager who is an actual upgrade on Hodgson and who is more interested in improving a shipwreck of a team rather than lining his own pocket.

IMHO England ought to forget about trying to win anything for a generation. Or two. The whole thing should become an exercise in populating our national side with players and management that deserve the honour of playing for their nation through professionalism but also good conduct on and off the pitch. No more sex worker ****ging, drink driving, bung taking trash anywhere near our national side. It should be established as a very important personal honour to play for England. Do that, and then when we've marked ourselves out as the good guys, and people know they need to shape up if they're going to be involved, start to think about how competitive we are.

This is naive of course, but ask yourself when did we win anything anyway? What would we have to loose? Would never happen of course as it must be the last thing on the FA's mind in reality!!

Edited by colehillsaint

I guess you can technically do this stuff - but not if you are England manager FFS. What was he thinking?

So if there was a player that was third party owned which he picks for England, his value would go up. The company would then cash in on his rise in value... All thanks to Sam in helping the company find investors and directly affecting the player value while getting paid by this other company.

Don't you think there is conflict of interest?

Third party ownership of players was banned in 2008 by the FA and 2015 by FIFA. Sam, was advising how to get around these rules. Sam is employed by the FA who introduced this rule.

Don't you think third party ownership should be banned?

Sam mocked his predecessor and a few others employed by the FA. Not very professional.

A minor point, but Do you think that attitude is right for an England manager?

Shouldn't any anger be aimed at the twa8ts that did this sting in setting him up in the first place?

Shock horror football is corrupt.

No. Absolutely not.

Better they expose this conflict of interest then just turn the other cheek.

Astonished at the stupidity of a man who should be setting an example for the rest of English football. Should be relieved of his responsibilities immediately.

Telegraph have apparently got quite a bit on a few others, been investigating finance in football for over a year. I wonder if this why "Old Arry" has stayed away from the game for a while? Perhaps one of his mates in the press tipped him off? He and Sam are from the same gene pool.

Apparently 10 managers taking bungs.

It's poor judgment however you look at it and from an employer's perspective he's given the FA a massive headache here. If they don't sack him they will look pretty pathetic.

I think it will be quite funny if he gets sacked after one match but the problem for the FA is the dearth of English candidates.

Astonished at the stupidity of a man who should be setting an example for the rest of English football. Should be relieved of his responsibilities immediately.

I agree totally - he is paid 3m a year - shear utter greed and naivety. I still dont like the way its done but understand its a scoop for the paper.

IMHO England ought to forget about trying to win anything for a generation. Or two. The whole thing should become an exercise in populating our national side with players and management that deserve the honour of playing for their nation through professionalism but also good conduct on and off the pitch. No more sex worker ****ging, drink driving, bung taking trash anywhere near our national side. It should be established as a very important personal honour to play for England. Do that, and then when we've marked ourselves out as the good guys, and people know they need to shape up if they're going to be involved, start to think about how competitive we are.

This is naive of course, but ask yourself when did we win anything anyway? What would we have to loose? Would never happen of course as it must be the last thing on the FA's mind in reality!!

Whatever happened to the days when sportspeople were honourable amateurs? Do we regret that age long gone?

The telegraph are claiming this is the tip of the iceberg and plan to reveal a whole load of crap on various managers and players in the next few days including 10 premier league managers who have taken bribes for player transfers this could be interesting...

At least our man is in the clear, hasnt been here long enough !

The telegraph are claiming this is the tip of the iceberg and plan to reveal a whole load of crap on various managers and players in the next few days including 10 premier league managers who have taken bribes for player transfers this could be interesting...

Let's hope Puel isn't one of them - could be a pretty good day!

Now being careful not to accuse anyone of anything but was there not an investigation or allegations made about Neil Warnock some a few years ago. I guess the question is whether it will be about prem managers past or present. If there are 10 current managers in on the backhanders then it is going to get really messy, really quickly.

At a guess, *Please stop guessing*

Edited by St Chalet

Now being careful not to accuse anyone of anything but was there not an investigation or allegations made about Neil Warnock some a few years ago. I guess the question is whether it will be about prem managers past or present. If there are 10 current managers in on the backhanders then it is going to get really messy, really quickly.

Didn't puncheon go on a twitter rant about Warnock taking bungs to play players, or something, couple of seasons back?

Hypothetical question.

Harry to do time? or Pompey to stay in League 2 for next 5 years?

Can only choose one

Very good.

Harry to do time. Obviously have enjoyed Pompey in L2. But i think seeing them get to L1 and throwing money about with the hope of getting back to the Championship would be enjoyable for all to watch, especially when it bankrupts them again.

Yeah I'm guessing it's not ten current managers though their investigation has been over the last 10 months so there could be some current ones in there I guess.

It's not really a surprise is it? He's got history with this sort of thing, he's never played it by the books - the fa should have known it. Allardyce has been played as a fool and so have the FA. They can only gone down one road and that's the ''termination'' route. We'll end up with Steve Bruce next.

I fully expect this to be the tip of the iceburg, so, so, so much goes on that we're all oblivious to. Let's see how it all plays out, wonder if WHU will get any sanctions for the ''supposed'' Valencia transfer? Would be a laugh if they did, as he has been a totally non-player for them.

I'd be amazed if it was 10 current managers. 4 of them have been here less than 3 months, and 4 or 5 others recently become PL managers. Pretty much all of the rest would have to be implicated

If it is 10 current and former managers, I think we can all think of a few likely names, although I won't be guessing here

And so he should - his salary of £3m and the grubby little git still wants to fiddle another 400,000. The FA screwed up giving him the job in the first place, he had dodgy history which they chose to ignore at their peril.

Absolutely, people like him and Harry never learn......allegedly ;)