New Official Website

Lallana's Left Peg

The new site is terrible - half the time it doesn't work and my browser simply loads an image with the text behind the image so you can't read it.

Doesn't work at all with Chrome.

Sure its just teething problems and I'm sure the multimedia content is good - if you can ever get to it!

Looking at the player stats, why does history only start in the 2012-13 season? It says Fonte has only played 159 matches for us, fewer than Davis. Does football only count if it's in the PL?

I assume they're getting the stats from the official Premier League data supplier as per Premier League requirements, which would explain it.

I meant in reference to logging into the OS to view the club videos/reviews. It wont even let me sign in even after putting in the customer number as the password. Still saying incorrect password?

I had a problem signing in using my email address even though I know my email is linked to my ticketing account details and should have the same password as a result - the "site login" isn't set up to be the same as the ticket login by default, I don't think (though I have no idea where it's getting the password from if it isn't).

I also saw a rogue message saying the password needed numbers and "a character" but mine doesn't, though it accepted one without when I did the password reset and it all works fine now, so just do the "forgotten password" email process and reset the password to what you thought it was already. :)

The new site is terrible - half the time it doesn't work and my browser simply loads an image with the text behind the image so you can't read it.

Sure its just teething problems and I'm sure the multimedia content is good - if you can ever get to it!

My only problem with it is the Ticketing mobile site doesn't allow you to change the ticket buyer for multiple purchases and you can't click a desktop link any more, but someone suggested using "open as desktop" in Chrome options.

I have Chrome, works just fine for me.

I have difficulty scrolling on some pages (using Internet Explorer on Windows 10) and the page that tells you when tickets at available for forthcoming matches seems to have disappeared totally. Other than that - good feel to the website and a vast improvement.

There is one page that give you information on all forthcoming and present ticket sales

https://southamptonfc.com/tickets/match-tickets

If you click on individual match ticket and travel information it gives you info on sales dates current criteria etc., eg for Hull tickets go on sale on Thursday tickets £30 adults

Great, great, photos, but one thing that irritates is that I have to trawl down before finding what I want to read first. Why can't choices be at the top of the page instead of in tiny .0001 point at the bottom?

In that respect the old OS was better. The reader was in control of what he/she wanted to read first.

The new OS should be an improvement, otherwise what's the point of changing. But it isn't in a lot of ways. It's not just that its different as that's to be expected and users would expect to get used to it, but, no, it's worse in many ways that people have pointed out. Some information isn't accessible or is no longer there.

The new OS should be an improvement, otherwise what's the point of changing. But it isn't in a lot of ways. It's not just that its different as that's to be expected and users would expect to get used to it, but, no, it's worse in many ways that people have pointed out. Some information isn't accessible or is no longer there.

What are the many ways? The only real issues I've seen people point out are down to their own browser configurations. What information are you after which isn't accessible or no longer there?

What are the many ways? The only real issues I've seen people point out are down to their own browser configurations. What information are you after which isn't accessible or no longer there?

But surely readers' browser configurations are very important. Much as we want to absorb lots of info about Saints, a lot of us are quite busy people. Sometimes I spend loads of time browsing the OS. At other times I have only a few moments to snatch what information I need.

It does seem that the designers of the new OS havn't researched how their customers use OS .

Browser configuration should not be too much of an issue. I deal with several people every day about our website not working properly.......in almost every case it comes down to: update your browser, clear your cache, clear your cookies, and generally, just take the time to maintain your computer!

Generally its a lot better better than before and some of the issues are just down to lack of familarity. That said I liked the old 'news' section. I spent about five minutes trying to find a Danny Butterfield interview that I knew was there but couldn't track down. Wish I hadn't bothered though - "So Danny (insert name as appropriate) how delighted are you to be at Southampton" etc