Sammy Lee

9-3

Yeah, either way he is going to be paid for the next two years, big disappointment

Sammy has been involved in the England set-up (periodically) on and off for the last 10-15 years (?)..not sure exactly. He must know the England set-up pretty well.

If he's under contract ......there's no reason to kick him out just because Big Sam has gone, and surely neither Gareth Southgate or Dave Watson is a stranger to him.

Sammy has been involved in the England set-up (periodically) on and off for the last 10-15 years (?)..not sure exactly. He must know the England set-up pretty well.

If he's under contract ......there's no reason to kick him out just because Big Sam has gone, and surely neither Gareth Southgate or Dave Watson is a stranger to him.

Dave Watson left his England role in the summer. Martyn Margetson is now the England goalkeeper coach,

• 2 months later...

I'm pretty sure that Sammy would've been half expecting it. He's been in the game long enough to know how it works. Besides, can't see him being out of work for long - infectious character with a lot of experience - somebody will snap him up. Would be happy to see him back here - but highly unlikely.

Not sure why everyone thinks the sun shines out of Sammy's backside?

I'm not sure anyone does I think most just think he's a nice bloke and a decent coach which is hard to disagree with. He won't be unemployed for long and I'm sure he will have received a payout from England for terminating his contract.

• 9 months later...
The obsession with Sammy Lee has to be the most bizarre thing on here, just ahead of the reverse opinion of Eric Black.

Not sure there is evidence of any obsessions anywhere?

Possibly more to do with Sammy being reminiscent of fast, exciting and attacking football.

While Blacks arrival seemed to coincide with the drab guff weve witnessed and been subjected to since last summer?

If we had got the appointments right last summer and the "southampton way" hadn't become so lifeless nobody would be reminiscing about Sammy?

Not sure there is evidence of any obsessions anywhere?

Possibly more to do with Sammy being reminiscent of fast, exciting and attacking football.

While Blacks arrival seemed to coincide with the drab guff weve witnessed and been subjected to since last summer?

If we had got the appointments right last summer and the "southampton way" hadn't become so lifeless nobody would be reminiscing about Sammy?

It's all to do with the spacingbetween the cones [emoji23]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk