Eric Black named in Telegraph investigation

DuncanRG

Thing that interests me most is that the Telegraph mentioned this story on day one (without naming Black). Did he suspect he'd been rumbled at that point and did he tell the club what to expect?

They've been longing out revealing the names as;

- It's clearly widespread.

- And people might potentially **** themselves and own up even if not actually stung.

Wonder if this means Tim sherwood is one of the managers - wouldn't be surprised, gillets aren't cheap.

Can we ever get a ****ing break, when I heard about all this I thought nah we'll be sweet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we probably will be - i think it is unlikely to relate to Saints, and if it does, we'll deal with it responsibly.

more likely to be from his time at Villa, they have always been a bit dodge.

Don't know what the big deal is. The story won't reflect on Saints. If he's had his fingers in the till he'll be finished and we'll get someone else in. If not, he'll carry on with his job.

He is a Fluent French speaker - it will make a difference.

Edited by Chris27687

Don't know what the big deal is. The story won't reflect on Saints. If he's had his fingers in the till he'll be finished and we'll get someone else in. If not, he'll carry on with his job.

Thats just about it. Barnsley wasted no time getting rid of their assistant manager and if there is a whiff of wrong doing surrounding him he will be out as well.

Claude might need a new interpreter!

They've been longing out revealing the names as;

- It's clearly widespread.

- And people might potentially **** themselves and own up even if not actually stung.

Wonder if this means Tim sherwood is one of the managers - wouldn't be surprised, gillets aren't cheap.

The simple reason for dropping hints is they needed to generate buzz about their series of revelations but couldn't spill the beans early. A long string of agenda-setting exposes is the absolute jackpot for newspapers, see also the expenses scandal

Mark Hughes

‏@Hughes_Mark

Eric Black, the asst manager at Southampton FC, filmed by @Telegraph advising 'businessmen' how to bribe lower league staff #football4sale

It's a pity the name of Southampton FC gets dragged into it. Whose bright idea was it to bring Black here anyway when he had such a terrible career record? Most insiders know who the dodgy characters are in football, which is why the Telegraph targetted the ones they did.

He advised them how to bribe lower league staff. If he is in trouble for this I doubt it'll impact on Saints apart from needing to hire a new assistant manager.

This is deeply embarrassing for us. Remember what Ralph Krueger the other day: "We are one of the most disciplined clubs in English football in terms of the way we deal with agents and youth academy players.

"Staying within the rules is something we really - everything we do is based on that."

Then our own assistant manager is caught recommending bribes? Come on. What does that say for our vetting?

The Barnsley bloke got sacked as seen to have 5k in an envelope given to him, will be very interesting to see if saints stick by there man. But to close to home for my liking tho

No way Saints keep him on, surely. They want a whiter than white image.

This is deeply embarrassing for us. Remember what Ralph Krueger the other day: "We are one of the most disciplined clubs in English football in terms of the way we deal with agents and youth academy players.

"Staying within the rules is something we really - everything we do is based on that."

Then our own assistant manager is caught recommending bribes? Come on. What does that say for our vetting?

Unless clubs learn how to mind-read, there's not much you can do about stuff like this. He knew people, he's made recommendations, he's incredibly stupid and naive. and he's out of a job.

No way Saints keep him on - they want a whiter than white image.

You can never be 100% in the vetting process, but our reaction to it will really say where we stand. He will be gone tomorrow.

I don't see it as embarrassing for Saints. With the Barnsley bloke I was "oh what a ****" didn't even think about the club. Same with Fat Sam, my first though was "what a dickhead" but no real emotion towards the team he was manager of at all. If Black does get sacked the only people who will be worried about it affected the club or the view of the club are those on here.