Leicester v Saints Match Thread

goneawol

Like to see us extend Romeu deal, he's been brilliant this year after a solid start last season.

I thought he was largely excellent for us last season. Every bit as physical as Wanyama but more cultured on the ball and less of a card magnet. I'd say he was intended as VW's replacement when we signed him as the club would have known he didn't want to extend his contract.

Started very well with some great movement especially between Tadic and Cedric. Shame he went off with an injury as we tended to lose that once Martina came on who's been relatively shaky. Most of, if not all, Leicesters chances have come from us relatively shooting ourselves in the foot. If we carry on the next half like we started then we should get 3 points here.

Can't believe anyone thinks it's been pretty even. Leicester look ****.talk about a one trick pony.they look like a team who will struggle in the league this year.very little in terms of quality. Other than a couple of poor passes we've been by far the better team.we are getting very good at making teams look poor lately.

I actually think Redmond has been good in the very few touches he has had so far and he tracks back well. Some of his touches have been sublime and over time I am confident he will flourish under Puel.

2 mistakes at the back apart we have looked really comfortable and by far the better team.

Don't think either Bertrand or Davis have had their best games but overall a solid display by Saints and you can see the team now understands Puel's way of playing and the good news is that it does not expand copious amounts of energy running round like headless chickens.

Found it easy to move the ball through midfield for the first 15, but Leicester shut that door and we didn't regain the same fluency during the half. Once Slimani and Vardy started pressing, we've found it difficult to play out from the back, and when it does make it into midfield, only Romeu is passing with any urgency (Davis once again guilty of almost always picking the 100% reliable back pass even when there's a 75% forward pass on for him).

Er by shooting ourselves in the foot?

Figure of speech: "To do something without intending to which spoils a situation for yourself". I know we have not conceded from the bad back passes, but just saying that all Leicesters chances have come from us gifting them through our own misfortune. Not sure why I had to explain that.

We've been much the better team for most of the first half and should have been a goal up. Cedrica going off was a shame because we were looking composed in defence and he was linking well with Tadica. After he went off our defence is all over the place, VvD and Romeu backpasses dreadful, lucky to get away with both. Martina has done nothing wrong per se but Fonte and Vergil and Romeu seem to play differently and make.more mistakes when he is on. Austina getting some good chances, Remonda anonymous again. Davisa and Tadica making some goodn penings and Hojbjerg looking excellent.

We should get something here if there is any justice.

Watching in Italy with Italian commentary by the way.