Benali's Big Race

Sour Mash

Amazing effort again from him.

BENALI'S BIG RACE 2016

Francis will set out to visit all 44 Premier League and Championship grounds in just two weeks, making his man-powered journey by a combination of running and cycling. Every day he will run a minimum of one marathon (26.2 miles) and cycle more than twice that distance. The target is to raise more than £1M for Cancer Research.

http://www.benalisbigrace.com

Donate: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/benalisbigrace

Text Donation: text FRAN to 70200 to donate £5

83610142.jpg.gallery.jpg

Edited by Jimmy_D
Added Challenge Information.

He's visiting Man U Man C Everton and Liverpool later this week,will any of our defectors be making an appearance? Maybe Morgan will have some spare time as he seems to be doing bugger all else!!

Unfortunately I'm tied up with last minute stuff for my son's wedding this weekend.

Good luck Franny, donation to follow shortly.

I'm rather shocked, at how little this appears to register, in the minds of Saints fans. This man is an absolute legend doing this, for the second time I might add, a feat none of us could emulate. Post your well wishes here, show this great man that he has our support.

He's visiting Man U Man C Everton and Liverpool later this week,will any of our defectors be making an appearance? Maybe Morgan will have some spare time as he seems to be doing bugger all else!!

Unfortunately I'm tied up with last minute stuff for my son's wedding this weekend.

Good luck Franny, donation to follow shortly.

Lallana met him at Anfield, fair play to him for that.

Donated today and shared his Benali's Big Race page on my Facebook page. He could definitely do with some more support, I can't believe the number of ex-Premier League stars from both Saints and other clubs who are cheering him on and yet it seems to have flown under the radar a bit.

Amazing what he is doing though and hopefully he will smash that 1 million target.

Donated today and shared his Benali's Big Race page on my Facebook page. He could definitely do with some more support, I can't believe the number of ex-Premier League stars from both Saints and other clubs who are cheering him on and yet it seems to have flown under the radar a bit.

Amazing what he is doing though and hopefully he will smash that 1 million target.

I agree, it has flown under the radar a little, I didn't realise he was doing another challenge until Sour Mash posted. It would be great if Sky/MLT, MOTD/Shearer etc could give him a mention and raise awareness. Also Ralph Krueger was involved at some stage last year which was a nice touch, and his daughter (& family) made some excellent youtube videos, it would be great if the club could support him again.

Watching Benali complete his last Big Run at SMS last season (or the one before?!) was a fantastic moment.

It makes me proud to donate, to a club legend, and a legend in his own right.

Well he's hit the £300,000 mark this morning, so it does seem to be getting some momentum now which is good.

I've seen a few of his recent Youtube videos and the poor bloke's face tells you all you need to know about how tough this has been on his body! I honestly have no idea how he is managing to do it, it is absolutely insane what he is putting his body through. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for him that he manages to keep going these last couple of days.

Friday afternoon off work sorted. A few of us London Saints are going to cheer him on at Fulham & Brentford, stopping for a few light refreshments in between. Feel free to join us if you're about.

Where did you get his schedule? Fulham & QPR may be close enough for me to get to from work, or Chelsea from home depending on timings.

Edit... Just found it - will try and get along to Fulham in my lunch break!

Just back from meeting the man in Norwich...absolute and total respect for what he is doing! At the end of a day of a marathon and a hundred and twenty odd biking miles he had time to thank everyone for greeting him (maybe ten - fifteen Saints fans) and laughed and smiled his way through the obvious pain.

Can only say to text 70200....it'll add a fiver to your bill but what he's putting himself through and the reason he's doing it make it the best £5 you'll spend today!12102016 054.jpg

Just back from meeting the man in Norwich...absolute and total respect for what he is doing! At the end of a day of a marathon and a hundred and twenty odd biking miles he had time to thank everyone for greeting him (maybe ten - fifteen Saints fans) and laughed and smiled his way through the obvious pain.

Can only say to text 70200....it'll add a fiver to your bill but what he's putting himself through and the reason he's doing it make it the best £5 you'll spend today![ATTACH=CONFIG]2203[/ATTACH]

Dumb question but how did you know where to find him? I'm planning on making the very short trip up to white hart lane on Friday morning to show support but not sure which side he'll be at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can only say to text 70200....it'll add a fiver to your bill but what he's putting himself through and the reason he's doing it make it the best £5 you'll spend today![ATTACH=CONFIG]2203[/ATTACH]

Those people texting donations through, are they get a text confirmation back? If not, that I haven't donated.

Donated.

I do think it appalling that the footballers couldn't seemingly be bothered to dip into their pockets for one of their own (admittedly ex) and stump up a bit more. He got £260k last time and is above that this time.

Average wage of a PL football player is over £40k a week. Clubs are rolling in it. Say each PL club gave £10k and each of the 25 man squad gave £2k then that would be £1.2m and maybe do half that for the Champ clubs, plus our donations, would hit £2m. I know no one should feel obliged and no doubt they have their other charities that they deal with, but it would be nice if clubs and players were seen to do something for an ex pro for something that affects us all.

Donated.

I do think it appalling that the footballers couldn't seemingly be bothered to dip into their pockets for one of their own (admittedly ex) and stump up a bit more. He got £260k last time and is above that this time.

Average wage of a PL football player is over £40k a week. Clubs are rolling in it. Say each PL club gave £10k and each of the 25 man squad gave £2k then that would be £1.2m and maybe do half that for the Champ clubs, plus our donations, would hit £2m. I know no one should feel obliged and no doubt they have their other charities that they deal with, but it would be nice if clubs and players were seen to do something for an ex pro for something that affects us all.

I had similar thoughts. Such a shame that so few of the clubs have really embraced Franny's brilliant efforts, to such a worthy cause, which as you say affects each and every one of us.

I am in absolute awe of his efforts, and don't mind admitting that I am virtually in tears as I watch each days videos and interviews with him,

and witness the obvious discomfort he is putting himself through and think how much it would mean to him if a rep from each club was there to meet him at each stadium and handed over a cheque, no matter how large or small.

12102016 063.jpg12102016 063.jpg

I had similar thoughts. Such a shame that so few of the clubs have really embraced Franny's brilliant efforts, to such a worthy cause, which as you say affects each and every one of us.

I am in absolute awe of his efforts, and don't mind admitting that I am virtually in tears as I watch each days videos and interviews with him,

and witness the obvious discomfort he is putting himself through and think how much it would mean to him if a rep from each club was there to meet him at each stadium and handed over a cheque, no matter how large or small.

I felt quite emotional yesterday when he arrived at Norwich - as did all of us I think - Norwich Cancer Research arranged an Olympic medallist (forgotten her name to my shame) and NCFC PR presented a signed shirt to him which he said would be auctioned for more fundraising.

I know nobody owes him anything but it seemed like the least they could do but I see things through very red & white specs...I didn't see anyone offering ice bath or physio facilities to his team and they were off to his hotel as we left. The enormity of what he is doing daily really it home, the support he has from his family (who were lovely in their appreciation of our support) deserve so much more.

I look forward to being at the Burnley match to see his final arrival...if ever a chant of 'He's one of our own' was warranted then this is the occasion!

Text 70200...Facebook friends of mine who have no affiliation to Saints have been moved to do so - we, on this board, should all do what we can...in my humble opinion.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2204[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2204[/ATTACH]

I felt quite emotional yesterday when he arrived at Norwich - as did all of us I think - Norwich Cancer Research arranged an Olympic medallist (forgotten her name to my shame) and NCFC PR presented a signed shirt to him which he said would be auctioned for more fundraising.

I know nobody owes him anything but it seemed like the least they could do but I see things through very red & white specs...I didn't see anyone offering ice bath or physio facilities to his team and they were off to his hotel as we left. The enormity of what he is doing daily really it home, the support he has from his family (who were lovely in their appreciation of our support) deserve so much more.

I look forward to being at the Burnley match to see his final arrival...if ever a chant of 'He's one of our own' was warranted then this is the occasion!

Text 70200...Facebook friends of mine who have no affiliation to Saints have been moved to do so - we, on this board, should all do what we can...in my humble opinion.

I quite agree. I hope the club has something special lined up on Sunday for him, a nice chunky cheque would be a lovely gesture.