Manchester City Build up & Match Thread

niceandfriendly

First one of the season I'm missing (not counting Checkatrade stuff) - I'm at Twickenham for NFL at the same time.

Pretty poor if you ask me. Why can't you be in two places at once? B&Q must do a home cloning kit. Call yourself a real fan? Come on, up your game!! [emoji6][emoji6]

considering the bad luck / poor shooting? in Milan....and the 34 shots v. Burnley which yielded ....just 3 goals, it makes you think that one day soon .....we may really hammer someone .....if our guys change their footwear a bit more often....

Strangely the Man city fans are saying something similar about their team on their forum maybe its going to a goal fest tomorrow....

Can not see anything other than maybe a draw at best, City will want to thump someone after they had their pants pulled down at camp nou, our chances increase with having Bertrand fit and Austin starting and having Long Boufal and Jay Rod coming from the bench.

Agreed, I think a 0-0 is our best hope. Not a massive game, most teams will get beat here this season. More concerned about the Sunderland and Inter games. We are doing better than I expected this season, but there's little chance of us finishing top 7.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Agreed, I think a 0-0 is our best hope. Not a massive game, most teams will get beat here this season. More concerned about the Sunderland and Inter games. We are doing better than I expected this season, but there's little chance of us finishing top 7.

0-0 our best hope? All I can say is you don't have much hope in you. Their defence can be all over show at times but can also tear us apart going forward.

If we move the ball quickly with one touch passing through the middle like we have at times, rather than just side to side and try to get down the wings, we can play round their press and maybe cause problems. Big if though. Boufal starting *could* be a masterstroke if it happens.

0-0 our best hope? All I can say is you don't have much hope in you. Their defence can be all over show at times but can also tear us apart going forward.

Their defence might be all over the place, but on the basis we are converting about 1 in every 10 chances, I can't see us scoring. And as you say they can rip us apart going forward. Think it will be 2-0 City (Sterling , Aguero )

Agree with this. I'd have preferred it if we'd started the Milan game with our strongest team (Fonte and Austin starting)and been prepared to 'sacrifice' City away.

I know Lawro is always comedy, but I thought this was quite funny...

Man City vs Southampton

Southampton look very solid at the back and do not seem to make too many mistakes. At the other end, Charlie Austin is going through the sort of spell where he cannot miss.

His prediction? 2-0 to City. Not saying I expect a win, but an odd prediction following those comments :)

Agree with this. I'd have preferred it if we'd started the Milan game with our strongest team (Fonte and Austin starting)and been prepared to 'sacrifice' City away.

Had that been done, most would have criticised Puel for lack of ambition. The team put out at Inter was clearly more than good enough to win the game. The team that will face City is good enough to at least have a chance to win it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

However much I'm warming to Puel.....he's really surprised me I might add.....his interview on Sky then was bloody hard to understand.

I know it's not a major factor....but it was painful to watch.

As long as he gets it right in the pitch that's the main thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah, corners not beating the 1st man is even worse.

Near post corners statistically result in the most goals so I can always understand going for that.

Pep not exactly showing our attack a lot of respect by only picking three defenders.

I think it's tactically smart actually. Extra forward player means our weakened fullback positions won't be able to get forward as much, leaving our 3 attackers to get past 2 DM and 3 CBs.