Manchester City Build up & Match Thread

niceandfriendly

I think I'm flying back as we play so I won't even get to see it on telly!

That was me after Bucharest in 2003 - arrived on match day (Weds) and left on the Sunday, recorded Saints away to Everton on the tv on the Sunday, managed to avoid spoilers (a bit easier without social media and living in south Wales), watched it when I got home... of COURSE it was a tedious 0-0.

If anyone wants the points or has a ticket and wants to get rid of it for under face value then I'll take it.

Or for nowt. I would gladly return from Milan via Manchester

But we have have double away games again: inter 20/10, man city 23/10. Can we object, it is unfair.

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

Or the people who were over eager and didn't check what time they'd get back from the airport saturday night...

Wasn't a dig at you mush. More the people on social media who bought them today and immediately put the on the saints tickets account for sale, including the booking fee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you me?

I am also missing the City game due to being at the NFL at Twikenham. I did Bucharest Wed-Sat but recorded the game and watched it back on the tele when I got home. Although whilst i managed to miss the Saints score I knew that everton didn't score so spent whole game knowing we wouldn't lose but would we score...

Are you me?

I am also missing the City game due to being at the NFL at Twikenham. I did Bucharest Wed-Sat but recorded the game and watched it back on the tele when I got home. Although whilst i managed to miss the Saints score I knew that everton didn't score so spent whole game knowing we wouldn't lose but would we score...

F*ck me thanks for the reminder, I'm off to Twickenham as well that day!!

Are you me?

It was probably worse not knowing either way (especially with our previous history of conceding against Everton, we managed to go from 1-0 up to lose in the amount of time it took me to get on the pitch out of the clubhouse and kick off a Saturday match once, not improved by the fact our winger was a Toffee).

Edited by The9

I bought my ticket yesterday at the ticket office to be told they did not have them and they would be posted out at a later date.

What came in the post today ? You guessed it, Man City ticket !

They must have arrived late yesterday and early enough to catch the post or they had them all the time.

Why they have started all this postal cr*p I do not know !

• 2 weeks later...
So..... Barca 4 City Nil. What will this mean for us?

Answer A: "Trouble at Mill" - unsettled City might be there for the taking

or

Answer B: Backlash time.....??

The latter, but Bravo could be vulnerable. Energy levels permitting we should get in his face.

I'm not looking forward to this game at all, having watched Barca give them a good beating you just know they'll be out for us on Sunday and I can picture the commentary as they take an early lead banishing the memory of the Nou Camp.

Going to have to keep it tight and hope we can hit them on the break, much will depend on Redmond and Long injuries. If both out I'd rather see Ololuma alongside Austin instead of Rodriguez who is so far off the pace we can't afford to have him play again.

Surprised we've sold out for this, fair play to those travelling.

I'm not looking forward to this game at all, having watched Barca give them a good beating you just know they'll be out for us on Sunday and I can picture the commentary as they take an early lead banishing the memory of the Nou Camp.

Going to have to keep it tight and hope we can hit them on the break, much will depend on Redmond and Long injuries. If both out I'd rather see Ololuma alongside Austin instead of Rodriguez who is so far off the pace we can't afford to have him play again.

Surprised we've sold out for this, fair play to those travelling.

The high press is going to work VERY well against us.

We like to build slowly from the back - they will be onto Virgil / Jose / Romeu in a flash.

The high press is going to work VERY well against us.

We like to build slowly from the back - they will be onto Virgil / Jose / Romeu in a flash.

Right back at them. Pep wants them to play out from the back at all costs given their dodgy keeper and calamity Stones pressing their defence should work well for us. Actually Long would be perfect for this game unfortunately.

Just had a look on Bluemoon. Now I understand man city fans are going to be confident given their manager, being at home and their playing squad (even I expect we will lose) but I'm surprised how many are predicting putting at least 3 past us ( one guy is even predicting 7 or 8 ). We may lose but we won't be a push over we don't concede a lot and we are good on the break these days.

I'm expecting a tight game before we lose to the obligatory big team soft penalty in stoppage time.

Edited by doddisalegend

Sounds like Long, Cedric, Targett, Bertrand are all still out.

McQueen will get tested in this one alright (Sane has looked fantastic from the snippets that I have seen of them).

Could be a long day at the office. They are just about the last team I would want to play on 2 days rest.

------------Forster------------

Martina Fonte Virgil McQueen

------------Romeu------------

-------Davis-----Clasie-------

-------------Tadic-------------

------Austin----Redmond-----

Sounds like Long, Cedric, Targett, Bertrand are all still out.

McQueen will get tested in this one alright (Sane has looked fantastic from the snippets that I have seen of them).

Could be a long day at the office. They are just about the last team I would want to play on 2 days rest.

------------Forster------------

Martina Fonte Virgil McQueen

------------Romeu------------

-------Davis-----Clasie-------

-------------Tadic-------------

------Austin----Redmond-----

Agree with that as the probable starting line up, although part of me would contemplate starting JRod again as the main thing he is missing right now is lack of game time. I think he would benefit from playing consecutive games. That said, Austin and Redmond are in good form in the Premier League so difficult to justify dropping either.

I'm wondering if playing one of the premier league 'giants' like Man City following a game vs Inter at the San Siro isn't such a bad thing....? Psychologically, it would have been more difficult for Puel to 'rally the troops' for a game against Hull City (for example) given the high status of the preceding game but playing the likes of City at the Etihad keeps the players' self-motivation levels naturally high.

Yes, I know they're professional footballers who shouldn't need motivating for a game regardless of how high or low profile it is, but I just think that the fact that we go straight into another high profile game could actually work to our advantage.

Now cue a 6-0 drubbing of course....! :)

Agree with that as the probable starting line up, although part of me would contemplate starting JRod again as the main thing he is missing right now is lack of game time. I think he would benefit from playing consecutive games. That said, Austin and Redmond are in good form in the Premier League so difficult to justify dropping either.

Is there equally a case for starting with JRod & Austin? Combination of experience and form could put City under early pressure.

Redmond would be itching to get on, perhaps a half-time shout and he could run them ragged in the 2nd half. Could even give Boufal 20 mins to see how he copes with PL pressure.